Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 1343
Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge


Quote:
But the offense, which produced a season-high 368 yards, led the rally. Braylon Edwards resurfaced and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on a fade route to trim the deficit to 23-17 with 7:21 remaining. The Seahawks forced a punt, but then had to punt themselves with 3:14 left. Carroll made the risky decision to give it back to the Patriots and trust his defense. It worked. The defense held before Wilson's game-winning pass to Rice.

"We had no doubt," Sherman said. "We trust our offense."


I think this team grew yesterday on levels we may not have imagined.

Red Bryant nearly gave Russell Wilson a hug after that game winning touchdown. Sherman, the guy who could be pointed to for possibly "putting it out there" with any frustrations between the O and the D is now the guy who has "trust" in the kid and I love it. I think Brewers right, this is now a complete team.

what do you guys think?

_________________
We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
Greatest defense in NFL history.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
Rebuild over.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 1520
Location: Seattle
...until the next loss?

_________________
Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11206
.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 pm 
US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 1453
Location: Smokey Point
12th_Bob wrote:
Rebuild over.


Yep, close the lid.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:04 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11206
Quote:
Rebuild over.

Not quite. Wilson needed the space afforded by bad defenses to work on his timing and chemistry, but these last two victories did happen against awful pass defenses. He might revert a bit vs SF (#6 pass defense per DVOA).

I think we'll need some time (and some more reloading on offense) to finish becoming a consistent offense that will play together for years. But we're definitely getting there. Rice, Miller, and Baldwin will be part of it.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
Not quite. Wilson needed the space afforded by bad defenses to work on his timing and chemistry, but these last two victories did happen against awful pass defenses. I think we'll need some time (and some more reloading on offense) to finish becoming a consistent offense. But we're definitely getting there.


Their run defense was stellar though. They made us pretty one dimensional. It's not like we gashed them for 5 yards per clip 5 times in a row, then Wilson hucked it deep. More like we ran the ball for 2, and then Wilson threw deep despite a whole bunch of pressure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
VaporHawk wrote:
...until the next loss?


yup, IF we lose next week, "start flynn?" "season over" "back to last place in division" "Is the defense really that good?"
"Our WR's cant get open" "NO PASS RUSH!!!" "how long do we give carroll?"

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
GoldenIsThyTate wrote:
VaporHawk wrote:
...until the next loss?


yup, IF we lose next week, "start flynn?" "season over" "back to last place in division" "Is the defense really that good?"
"Our WR's cant get open" "NO PASS RUSH!!!" "how long do we give carroll?"



Only the weakest of fans with no perspective will spout such drivel.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:15 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:45 pm
Posts: 18
Thursday we play the #1 ranked defense. It is SF now right? Time for the offense to shred the 49rs D and put ours back on top where it belongs! Synergy baby. It's building in Seattle. Go Hawks!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:26 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 1307
Seeker wrote:
Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge


Quote:
But the offense, which produced a season-high 368 yards, led the rally. Braylon Edwards resurfaced and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on a fade route to trim the deficit to 23-17 with 7:21 remaining. The Seahawks forced a punt, but then had to punt themselves with 3:14 left. Carroll made the risky decision to give it back to the Patriots and trust his defense. It worked. The defense held before Wilson's game-winning pass to Rice.

"We had no doubt," Sherman said. "We trust our offense."


I think this team grew yesterday on levels we may not have imagined.

Red Bryant nearly gave Russell Wilson a hug after that game winning touchdown. Sherman, the guy who could be pointed to for possibly "putting it out there" with any frustrations between the O and the D is now the guy who has "trust" in the kid and I love it. I think Brewers right, this is now a complete team.

what do you guys think?



What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6360
nategreat wrote:
Seeker wrote:
Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times quoted Richard Sherman in talking about the offense taking the charge


Quote:
But the offense, which produced a season-high 368 yards, led the rally. Braylon Edwards resurfaced and caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on a fade route to trim the deficit to 23-17 with 7:21 remaining. The Seahawks forced a punt, but then had to punt themselves with 3:14 left. Carroll made the risky decision to give it back to the Patriots and trust his defense. It worked. The defense held before Wilson's game-winning pass to Rice.

"We had no doubt," Sherman said. "We trust our offense."


I think this team grew yesterday on levels we may not have imagined.

Red Bryant nearly gave Russell Wilson a hug after that game winning touchdown. Sherman, the guy who could be pointed to for possibly "putting it out there" with any frustrations between the O and the D is now the guy who has "trust" in the kid and I love it. I think Brewers right, this is now a complete team.

what do you guys think?



What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?

Neither have I. Maybe he's referring to his outspoken nature and if anyone would speak out about the offensive woes, it would be Sherm. I don't see it. Sherms always talking about "US" and he clearly is a great team mate and intelligent.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Redwood City, California
VaporHawk wrote:
...until the next loss?



Ding ding ding ding

:179422:

_________________
My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:19 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4627
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
Message boards were created to be inhabited by the "self delusional". We just happen to have more than our share. There are some personalities that simply cannot tolerate "success"....because it is "too subjective".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The most important thing Richard Sherman said
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 327
Location: LA
nategreat wrote:
What is this about "putting it out there" by Sherm regarding frustrations with the offense? Am I missing something? I don't recall anything he has said that points to him being frustrated with the offense. When was this?


i believe it was during week 4 against the rams sherman made a comment post interview saying the defense only gave up 6 points and did everything they needed but the offense needed to step it up. some people said he was throwing them under the bus but he was just "puting it out there"


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.