Can Thurmond unseat Trufaunt as Nickleback?

The Radish

Reaction score
A couple of posters were quick to jump on Trufant on that Pats score in the right end zone corner. On the replay its wasn't Tru covering him at all.

I didn't think about it till now that Welker mostly disappeared in the 4th quarter. And when he did get the ball he was short of the first down.

:les:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
You're right Les. I think he caught that last pass on 4th down and was brought down a few yards short by Wagner and I believe K.J. Wright. But that was clearly a different defense where they went to a prevent and treated the first down marker as essentially the endzone and dropped either 9 or 10 into coverage. Wagner and Wright were playing the middle of that zone and retreating back, and the CB's and S's were covering the edges. I am guessing we had a dime package and then some in on that play. It worked out perfectly, because I think everybody in the stadium knew they were going to Welker and there was no way Wagz was going to let him slip through for extra yardage. That was a really great defensive call there.

vongstaTHEmonsta

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last year, Trufant got hurt so Thurmond came in to replace Tru.
Then Thurmond got hurt, and Sherman came in.. and stepped up tremendously. I think that's how it went.

Another question. How good do you guys think Thurmond is? If he were healthy last year, would he be balling like Sherman?
Just asking cus I liked Thurmonds play ability and when he came in to replace Tru, it improve the secondary, though it was very short.

I love Sherman though. But I wonder about Thurmond.

morgulon1

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":3r7juy8z said:
I hate nickleback. oh umm, yes! if healthy he could be a better option.

Worst band evah. 80's power ballads with fn goatees.

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I actually like Thurmond better than Trufaunt. Trufaunt get's alot of love from Seattle fans because of nostalgia, but frankly I don't he he was anything more than an above average cover corner. Meanwhile Thurmond as a rookie (after overcoming a devastating injury) locked down Fitz in one of his only starts that year. I also though he was playing well last year before injury.

I think he's better equiped to play nickle over Trufaunt. Just my opinion. If he was to take over than we'd have the YOUNGEST, BADDEST Secondary in all of football.