Sherman should tone it down a little

JKent82

Reaction score
I always prefer it out of the media spotlight, but I don't mind Sherman chirping a bit. Better on the field, and fine off it as long as nothing to stupid gets said.

And honestly I thought his tweets were awesome!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I love the smack and energy he beings to the field, but I do agree with the idea that he needs to dial it back a bit and still stay humble, although I know thats not his personality lol.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Let Sherm be Sherm. He is at his best when he is running his mouth. It was worse last year, because he didn't keep himself in check during the game, and was called multiple times for penalties after plays. This year, he is keeping his anger controlled, and playing clean football. A good example of this was the Carolina game, against Steve Smith. Sherm gets under people's skin, and backs it up with SOLID cornerback play. There is little anyone can do to stop either one.

I fully support Sherman's attitude.

Msfann

Reaction score
I like it too, he was trying to get into Brady's head and it probably worked.

Seattle hasn't had a trash talking get into your head take you off of your game guy since Gary Payton.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2s09uqt5 said:
TOTALLY disagree with the OP.

We are who we are, smash mouth on both sides of the ball, and they are backing up thier talk.

I LOVE the toughness and the talk.
Yep, I seem to remember a lot of fans giving props to Matt Hasselbeck when he gave the We want the ball gig IN GB.
Brady didn't show any respect to the Seahawks with his we're going to beat you attitude, and Sherman RIGHTFULLY called him on it.
Can't knock Sherman for feeling vindicated with the way it all came down.
Brady was put in his place for shooting off his mouth, good for Richard, bad for Tommy.

zayden185

Reaction score
I like it quite frankly...brady was the one talking as well...that's why his head was low in that picture. Nothin to say

This is the attitude of the team and the nation will notice now!!

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Someone said on KJR, that Sherman is "Gary Payton with shoulder pads."

Perfect analogy!

kidhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":29v9jci3 said:
Largent80":29v9jci3 said:
TOTALLY disagree with the OP.

We are who we are, smash mouth on both sides of the ball, and they are backing up thier talk.

I LOVE the toughness and the talk.
Yep, I seem to remember a lot of fans giving props to Matt Hasselbeck when he gave the We want the ball gig IN GB.
Brady didn't show any respect to the Seahawks with his we're going to beat you attitude, and Sherman RIGHTFULLY called him on it.
Can't knock Sherman for feeling vindicated with the way it all came down.
Brady was put in his place for shooting off his mouth, good for Richard, bad for Tommy.

For the record, I have no problem with Brady coming in with a little cockiness and attitude and rebutting the smack talk during the game. He generally can back it up and has the history to prove it. I just think that as long as you can talk a little smack and keep the overall tone, basically respectful (at least not disrespectful) then I have no issue with it.

Seeker

Reaction score
So let me get this straight,

Tom Brady saying he is going to come in here and make our fans boo our own team = Totally okay
Tom Brady saying "come see me after this game after we win" = Totally okay
That Scumbag Hernandez grabbing Chancellor's face mask after a catch while he is on the ground and trash talking = okay
Patriots claiming we pump noise in and our crowd isn't really that loud = completely okay, probably true
but
Richard Sherman gets a big pick, talks to Brady AFTER THE GAME like "you wanted to see us?" = DISRESPECTFUL

this is why we lose (no not cause we don't talk enough) but because people are so vaginal that they think the hawks don't have a right to talk about nothing ever, we can't talk back even when we win. I bet there are some people in here who think we got lucky. Every key to the game on here is how we hope the other team blows it, our fearless predictions are usually always against us unless its a god awful team we are playing.

you have a good chance to beat any team in the league right now, and no its not any given sunday, its THE HAWKS ARE FREAKING GOOD on sunday, monday, thursday, anyday.

expect to win.
it is not impossible to think we will run the damned table.

This defense just beat, Tony Romo, Aaron Rogers, Cam Newton, and Tom freaking Brady.
In every game the other team somehow lost on their bye week according to national media,

I'd be talking trash to.

I don't think anything Sherman said was wrong. Now if he is still talking about this game tomorrow or later today then thats when Pete has to remind him that "umm niners thursday Rich" but until then KEEP TALKING.

this guy is "primetime" approved, you'd think he'd keep his mouth shut?

VHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2az4njf0 said:
THIS:
EastCoastHawksFan":2az4njf0 said:
to be honest Sherman is standing up for all Seahawk fans and players and the organization as a whole.

our team is a family and i wouldnt be surprised if pete brings up shermans trash talking at the team meeting today. they will laugh and look forward to thursday
and THIS:
GoldenTater81":2az4njf0 said:
I do not want him to tone it down.. I want teams to hate us.. I want to be an island here on the west coast that is talked about because teams hate to play us..

I am tired of the warm, cuddly Seahawks we have had the last 10 years.. I love a guy who is willing to talk and then back it up by shutting down his side of the field..

I am mostly tired of people finding out i am a seahawks fan and laughing because of the mediocrity we have been going through.. I want them to be pissed off and remember a time when a Seahawk punched them in the mouth and walk away irritated.

Sherm's smack talk is bigger than just getting in Brady's face. It's getting in EVERYONE'S face. Hawks have not been respected by anyone this year, even when we had the #1 defense and the #1 rusher, we were still underdogs in our own house, we were still labeled "pretenders" by the national media talking heads. And even little talking heads who said good things about us we shit on by the BIG talking heads for being delusional. Then Brady comes out with all this "turn the 12th man against the Seahawks" and "come talk to me after we beat you" crap talk. More disrespect. Sherm's tired of being disrespected, as is the rest of the team and the 12th man. Sherm's tude and swagger is helping transform this team from a doormat "nice guy" Tim Ruskell team into a punch you in the face, take your lunch, eat it in front of you and feed you the garbage group of bad asses.

I love that! Thanks for the Swagger Sherm. don't ever change!

PREACH!!

kf3339

Reaction score
drdiags":1rweobk0 said:
As our young players transition to veterans, their personalities will come forward. Pete may talk with Richard to try to cap any bulletin board material, but in the end Sherman would not be the first DB to run off at the mouth. I like the "walk softly and carry a big stick" type approach to shutting folks up but in this hype-driven league, those who feel they aren't getting any generate their own.

If Sherman didn't play for the Seahawks, I probably would just consider him a jackass, but he is a Seahawk so I just accept him, warts and all.

Brady does talk crap, so it isn't like he doesn't like mixing it up. It should have stayed on the field in my opinion but Sherman chose not to keep it there. To the victor goes the spoils I gather.

I agree completely.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I dont recall him publicly trash talking Romo, Newton, Kolb, Rodgers, Bradford.
Brady must have done something to really get under his skin.

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
When you have a team that is good enough to trash talk AFTER the game. That is a Great thing!
every one talks smack during the game. But to do it after= win!!! TALK IT UP BOYS

I am greatful we have a team that is good enough to talk trash after a big game like this.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tone it down? Bleh. Brady didn't show us any respect either. We're a team of competitors and we have swagger. Sherm has swagger in spades and I love it. We've been missing that "Don't f*** with us" attitude for a long time and it's back.

PAT206

Reaction score
was anything sherman said untrue? from what i heard he told it how it is. cant argue with that

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawksFTW":28gqamb3 said:
Let Sherm be Sherm. He is at his best when he is running his mouth. It was worse last year, because he didn't keep himself in check during the game, and was called multiple times for penalties after plays. This year, he is keeping his anger controlled, and playing clean football. A good example of this was the Carolina game, against Steve Smith. Sherm gets under people's skin, and backs it up with SOLID cornerback play. There is little anyone can do to stop either one.

I fully support Sherman's attitude.
Exactly...he's a lot smarter about his trash talking. He seems to have grown and obviously cares a lot about this team and the fans.

A sure sign of his growth was in practice when Lane, I think, lost his cool and tried to fight, Sherm snatched him up and talked to him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
-The Glove-":3nqjxil6 said:
Damn Shark, not to be on your nuts, but you're on a roll today. First the post to the Pats fan and now this? Good stuff, man. And extra kudos for bringing up Gary. He was and still is one of the most popular athletes (not talking about in the media-with other athletes and entertainers, he's a popular man.)

I was going to say, Shark, you're killin' it "my brotha" (see what I did there)!

Bringing the A game to the board. Love it.

As for Sherm, I absolutely love it. I'm so beyond tired of being considered a soft, mediocre, afterthought, joke of a team in South Alaska. If poah wittle Tommy's feelings get hurt, TOO BAD. And that goes for every other team, player, coach in the NFL. Gary Payton is one of my all-time favorite sports figures and our defense seems to have that GP Mentality.

Don't apologize for it, KEEP IT UP!

TJH

Reaction score
PAT206":390w9ivh said:
was anything sherman said untrue? from what i heard he told it how it is. cant argue with that

He called the Pats a "gimick" offense. That's not true at all and sounds kind of dumb after he just dropped 400 yards on you.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I love the swag and his reference to team . Screwit . If you can walk the walk .....

Escamillo

Reaction score
TJH":2x0947gk said:
PAT206":2x0947gk said:

He called the Pats a "gimick" offense. That's not true at all and sounds kind of dumb after he just dropped 400 yards on you.

Football games are won on points, not yards.
Just like baseball games are won on runs, not hits.
That gimick offense went 1 for 6 in the redzone, maybe because the gimicks it uses are only effective against the Seahawks between the 20's.