Another "The Hawks Didn't Win" Article

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Another "The Hawks Didn't Win" Article
Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 am
  • I'm not real big on the "We get no respect card" as we got plenty in 2005. Win... you get it. But this article by Tom Curran is a big old pile of dog crap. Especially this line followed by the biggest load I've ever seen in my life. I knew there was a reason I always thought Branch was a d-bag even when he was a Hawk. The guy is de-f-ing-lusional.

Quote:

This was the Patriots. Screwing up.

"They didn't do nothing," said Deion Branch. "Everything, all the mistakes made on the field were by us. They were self-inflicted mistakes. As the game went on, they really didn't do anything to stop us. The flags, the interceptions, the dropped balls, things of that nature. That's stuff that we control."

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-engla ... eedID=3352
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Re: Another "The Hawks Didn't Win" Article
Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:54 am
  • Well, Branch is right. If he's not 5'9, maybe Sherman doesn't intercept that pass.

Though, in his defense, if he'd tried to cut back for the ball, he would've ripped his ACL into three pieces.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:55 am
  • Alright Sherman, now go after Branch
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    "They didn't do nothing," said Deion Branch. "Everything, all the mistakes made on the field were by us. They were self-inflicted mistakes. As the game went on, they really didn't do anything to stop us. The flags, the interceptions, the dropped balls, things of that nature. That's stuff that we control."

Self inflicted?

Most of the Pat's offensive mistakes were directly caused by the Hawks D. Both intentional grounding penalties were a result of Brady HAVING to get rid of the ball quickly cause he as about to get his ass sacked. Same goes for the interceptions, rushing the pass due to pressure.

But hey, Deion is great at excuses, God knows we heard plenty of em coming out of his mouth for five years.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 pm
  • To a degree he is right. A lot of the mistakes the Pats made were self-inflicted, but it takes a good team to capitalize on those mistakes and it may have taken some time to finally do that, but the Hawks did eventually capitalize.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:13 pm
  • ehh.

I was pissed after the Green Bay game from the media and players but I just don't care anymore.

Let the media talk. Let the Patriots talk. All that matters is the W. I'm ready for the Niners.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:13 pm
  • Earlier this morning, I tweeted this:

"Hawks didn't win, Pats lost" Now is not the time for us to gloat. Oh wait, yes it is! Buncha idjits.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm
  • Not true about if Branch was taller. Sherman had perfect inside coverage, in fact, he ran the route better than Branch. Bottom lin is, if they made all those mistakes, then the Seahawks were definitely the better team, because good teams don't make those kind of mistakes.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 pm
  • They had 6 penalties, we had 4. They had 2 turnovers as we did. They made mistakes, we had plenty too.

Maybe if they played a perfect game, they would have won, sure I think that's a fair statement, but..... you don't get to play games in a vacuum. The mistakes, the penalties, the turnovers are all influenced by the players across the line of scrimmage, from the hostile environment on the road.

Saying, "they didn't do nothing" isn't exactly true now is it Deion?

I think more of the truth is Deion, "didn't do nothing", Mr. 1 catch for 5 yards. :lol:
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 pm
  • Meh, no big deal for me. If the Seahawks "Didn't do nothing" then I hope to see more of nothing.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 pm
  • "The Seahawks D couldn't stop us!"

Except, ya know, the last three drives off the game where you absolutely had to move the ball.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm
  • Just the whole article bothers me, because it just is written as this whole idea that the Pats shot themselves in the foot. It wasn't that ET had great coverage in front of him and was in perfect position to pick that ball... it was that Brady threw a ball too hard and it went through a guy's hands. It just irritates me the way the guy wrote it. I know his audience eats this stuff up, but give the Hawks at least a LITTLE credit. I guess more than anything it bothers me that Deion Branch of all people is talking that way. HE got his ass handed to him and millions of free dollars for doing nothing but stripping one ball in his years in Seattle (that's the only good thing anybody can come up with). Yet he still is just as delusional as always. The guy is lucky he has a job.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:38 pm
  • Poor old Branch. We didn't do anything? What about that beautiful TD pass Wilson made to Rice for the win?
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 pm
  • JKent82 wrote:"The Seahawks D couldn't stop us!"

Except, ya know, the last three drives off the game where you absolutely had to move the ball.

"The Seahawks D couldn't stop us!"

Except 83% of the time when we made it into the redzone!
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 pm
  • 12thMan1 wrote:Poor old Branch. We didn't do anything? What about that beautiful TD pass Wilson made to Rice for the win?

He's just remembering how he played for us when he was here.

:141847_bnono:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:52 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:

Self inflicted?

Most of the Pat's offensive mistakes were directly caused by the Hawks D. Both intentional grounding penalties were a result of Brady HAVING to get rid of the ball quickly cause he as about to get his ass sacked. Same goes for the interceptions, rushing the pass due to pressure.

But hey, Deion is great at excuses, God knows we heard plenty of em coming out of his mouth for five years.

:13:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:54 pm
  • This is just the way that any athlete, especially high level (regardless of what you think of Branch, he plays in the NFL) athletes. If you so chose, a player could look at every turnover, penalty or mistake as self inflicted. Why didn't I throw it a split second earlier? Why didn't I put more touch on that ball? Etc, etc.

No big deal.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm
  • And Timmmmmaaaaaaaaay traded a first rounder for this POS. Sigh...............
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• In my book we earned the two interceptions and we earned another 1-3 int's that were dropped.

In my book Pats earned one fumble (RW) and were given the other fumble and were given the failed punt (which I count as a third turnover) and besides that they were really not close to any more turnovers.

I don't understand how the takeaway is that the issues were self inflicted...........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• No, you forgot to read the rest of the title of that article. It's actually "Hawks didn't win with Deion Branch so they traded his dumb ass".
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• D did nothing? Two of our DB's tied you in receptions and beat you in yards, O and Tommy was throwing to you not them. lol smh
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

• SharkHawk wrote:I'm not real big on the "We get no respect card" as we got plenty in 2005. Win... you get it. But this article by Tom Curran is a big old pile of dog crap. Especially this line followed by the biggest load I've ever seen in my life. I knew there was a reason I always thought Branch was a d-bag even when he was a Hawk. The guy is de-f-ing-lusional.

Quote:

This was the Patriots. Screwing up.

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-engla ... eedID=3352

Probably not intended, but doesn't "didn't do nothing" actually mean the Seahawks did do something?
    LengthMustBe
    NET Practice Squad

• I don't see what the big deal is it's just the typical "hater's gonna hate" article.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information