Seahawks need to draft Brandon Coleman - Megatron II

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Brandon+Coleman+Rutgers+v+Arkansas+UX9FW3rAAvhl.jpg

Nobody is talking about this guy. Not been this excited about a player in a long time. 2013 eligible, legit top-15 potential. Seahawks should consider a Julio Jones type move if he declares. Included in the article are three videos of game tape so you can judge for yourself.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/brandon-co ... wks-target

Brandon Coleman could be the most exciting offensive player in college football. He could be a future NFL star. And if he declares for 2013, the Seahawks should be ready to make their move. This guy is unreal.

cover-2

Reaction score
I seen him play a few times this year and I am also pretty excited about him. He does drop balls on occasion but his playing speed looks 4.4 yard dash type of fast. 6-6 220 lbs, 4.4 40 yard dash, with long arms = 1st round talent for sure.

pehawk

Reaction score
With ya on that Throwdown - the whole Rutgers uniform is pretty dope.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Chris Steuber reporting Seattle has scouts at the Rutgers game today vs Temple. Wonder who they're watching....

Throwdown

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":37najymn said:
Chris Steuber reporting Seattle has scouts at the Rutgers game today vs Temple. Wonder who they're watching....

After Thursday Nights performance, WE ALL should know.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I like that he can catch passes in traffic and gets used in a variety of looks. Not a one-trick pony.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Yes i would love to have this kid or Jake Matthews. I think we may be able to wait on Matthews till the second round. But if this kid starts going off he may be on everyone's radar and i think i think it becomes a matter of trading up to get our guy like Atlanta did for Matt Ryan with Julio Jones.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1tdkutik said:

You have the link to this story English?

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1rjchmzw said:
I like that he can catch passes in traffic and gets used in a variety of looks. Not a one-trick pony.

I love the fact that damn near everything he catches is purely with his "HANDS" no body catches ever from this kid but he will drop a few.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Bringing up an old topic for discussion.

Obviously Coleman's now considered a 3rd day prospect, but has he really regressed that much?

His poor year can be at least partially attributed to poor quarterback play, and it's said that he also played through injury. In fact I think his biggest question mark going into the pros should be his health.

He put up identical or better numbers than Kelvin Benjamin at the combine, though Benjamin's being talked about as a 1st day prospect. Admittedly KB had a few hundred more yards, but Coleman didn't have Jameis Winston throwing to him, far from it. I'd also say at this stage that Coleman has better hands and route running ability.

Now there are a bunch of WR prospects I'd rather have over Coleman, but I'd be far more excited about taking him in the 4th than I would taking Benjamin in the 1st.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":260733nj said:
I certainly don't see him as a third day prospect.

Good, neither do I, but most of the sites I've seen have him in the 3-5 range.

What are your thoughts 18months on?

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1944pew9 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1944pew9 said:
I certainly don't see him as a third day prospect.

Good, neither do I, but most of the sites I've seen have him in the 3-5 range.

What are your thoughts 18months on?

The offense at rutgers was a nightmare for two years and really prevented him from developing in the way we anticipate in 2012. However, he's a really underrated unique physical and athletic specimen. If he lands on the right offense with a good quarterback, in a year he could be a Josh Gordon level player. Deadly serious. Fantastic potential.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
His long strides remind me of Jerry Rice. (running with the ball, not comparing production) Count me in among those impressed enough to be all for drafting Coleman.

I have been looking at other WR's this week, but I've found myself thinking Coleman the more I do. Maybe that's partly because he might be available later than perhaps he should be and be good value. But, I do think he could be a nice fit for the Seahawks offense. Possibly one of the steals of the draft.

Gotta agree with English about Coleman.

SomersetHawk - Is Coleman's health a significant enough issue to be so concerned to not draft him? Or, were you more saying that some clubs may too quickly dismiss him?

Guardian

Reaction score
He's still my favorite for #32. Or, preferably, somewhere in the top half of round 2 after trading down for picks. Twice.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
He had more drops than anyone in this year's WR draft class. Not the best route-runner either. I would take him in the third if we could, but certainly not sooner.