Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Snohomie

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2g9d9itk said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
BREAKING: Both King County Council & Seattle City Council expected to approve #SeattleArena deal, giving Chris Hansen permission to proceed.
Retweeted by SC_DougFarrar

That was breaking?

Thanks for the update. But I had expected that for a month!

chris98251

Reaction score
So I wonder if the Mariners are pushing and helping with this again behind the front men.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":27jy2jfo said:
It'll pass and push forward in spite of the suit, but that is truly a jackass move.

Really is, but the EIS is involved before construction even begins, I don't see how this case even becomes an issue honestly. But then again, I know NOTHING about law.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if the Mariners put as much energy and money into building a winning team as they are trying to block the Arena they would never have attendence issues in the first place to worry about the competition.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chris98251":3g9la61q said:
I'm just wondering if the Mariners put as much energy and money into building a winning team as they are trying to block the Arena they would never have attendence issues in the first place to worry about the competition.

Why would they want to do that? I mean, think of all the traffic congestion in the SoDo area if the had that kind of attendance!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":20eg7ute said:
Essex J. Porter ‏@EssexKIRO7
.@kccouncil members Reagan Dunn Larry Phillips and Peter Von Reichbauer change from “no” to “yes” to make vote unanimous #SeattleArena
Retweeted by KIRO 7

So there's that.
Lincoln's checks must not have cleared.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ds3ljyb said:
.@kccouncil members Reagan Dunn Larry Phillips and Peter Von Reichbauer change from “no” to “yes” to make vote unanimous #SeattleArena
Retweeted by KIRO 7

So there's that.

Sweet!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SeatownJay":14spg09m said:
Seahawk Sailor":14spg09m said:
Retweeted by KIRO 7

So there's that.
Lincoln's checks must not have cleared.

No, they didn't. Scheduling, traffic and parking challenges driving to the bank. You know how it is.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
As ya'll now know, the deal is signed, sealed, and now waiting for what team we steal away... VICTORY!!! Don't worry about the stupid lawsuit from the port guys. They'll be slapped away like flies. All environmental reviews will be rubber stamped through, and we'll be home free. Our only worry now is finding teams.

It's kinda funny going back to page one when I started this thread, and ALL the UPS and DOWNS! We go from all excited to the frickin' deal's dead quite a few times. Dori Monson (KIRO FM Seattle, 12-3PM) is completely convinced that there is already a handshake deal for a team in place waiting for today's events. We'll find out if Dori is right pretty quick now. I still think it's gonna be the Kings. Time will tell. I think the Maloof's are in for a big-ass payday! JMHO.

I am now dreaming of the first "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-PER-SONICS!!!!! to bellow thoughout the new arena for the first game back, with Kevin Calabro and his "MAGIC CARPET RIDE" once again hitting Seattle airways! WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *goosebumps!*

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yes!

It's a good day to be a Seattle sportsfan.
As for the port, they are simply doing the Mariner's bidding.

I wouldnt be surprised when its getting close to getting an NBA team, an NHL team comes knocking fast and beats the NBA back here. All the NHL has to do is get insurances the arena WILL be getting built. Just one guys opinion.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
An NHL team may come even if there isn't insurance an arena will get built. The Coyotes would be better off financially moving immediately and playing in Key Arena or the Tacoma Dome than they would be by staying in Phoenix, and I am not exaggerating. It's a mess. Hansen could probably pick the team up for pennies on the dollar and move them the day the NHL allows it to take place and have one occupant ready to roll from day 1 of arena completion.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Oilers Arena deal fell through today, so they are another possibility to move to Seattle.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Wiseguy":1qehnz9m said:
Oilers Arena deal fell through today, so they are another possibility to move to Seattle.

I still just don't see that happening. That would be like, well, the Sonics leaving Seattle... :cussing:

Latest posts