What's your vote for our next trick play?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVED the Rice throw yesterday. Do you realize we have 4 guys on the field on almost every play that can throw accurately in Russ, Sidney, Marshawn, and of course the never used but always ready M-Rob?

Just think of how tricky we can get. I'd LOVE to see a couple of trickerations on Harbaugh that burn him and make him sneer like a jackhole (oh wait... he always does that).

So here's my play.

Sidney on the end around, takes the flip from RW3. Sidney goes across to the left (just as he did yesterday, however yesterday he caught the ball on this one he'd be running). He flips it across the field to M-Rob who then throws it deep to Rusell Wilson! Man... it would be an awesome play. He'd have Russell deep down the left side (as everybody would break let as Sidney threw it back across). If everybody stayed home and didn't bite then M-Rob can run it, or have the option to dink it upfield to Turbin who is the safety valve, or to Miller who is running a short post or Golden running a long post. Why so many throwing options? Because M-Rob always seemed to see the field well and that is his real strength as a FB because he was excellent at it as a college QB. It was merely a matter of bulking up. I know the guy is a pretty good QB though. I thought he was a legit 2nd or 3rd stringer coming out of college.

Why such a long developing play? Because I'm crazy. But just seeing M-Rob burning Harbaugh would be hilarious (since he was cut by the 9ers). It would be even funnier if he threw it to Baldwin who then did a flea-flicker to Richard Sherman, but you can't have all of your Harbaugh burns on one play. ;)

So... what's your trick play? To sum mine up. WR sweep, tossback to FB, misdirection deep ball to QB . Jack Patera... we honor you. :)

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
the crazy thing is, we have the players with this arm strength to air it out!

12thMan1

Reaction score
Is there a video/gif of the Sidney Rice throw? I tried looking it up online and couldn't find it.

O-LineFan

Reaction score
I'd really like to see a trick play where Turbin decides that he just isn't going to get tackled anymore. ever. I think it's possible.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of trick plays. I'd much rather just run the normal offense. But, if we're going to run one i insist on a fumblerooski with Carpenter running the ball around right tackle.

cdallan

Reaction score
Quick slant from a 3 step drop. The opposition will be taken completely by surprise.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1xhhjr9e said:
I absolutely LOVED the Rice throw yesterday. Do you realize we have 4 guys on the field on almost every play that can throw accurately in Russ, Sidney, Marshawn, and of course the never used but always ready M-Rob?

Just think of how tricky we can get. I'd LOVE to see a couple of trickerations on Harbaugh that burn him and make him sneer like a jackhole (oh wait... he always does that).

So here's my play.

Sidney on the end around, takes the flip from RW3. Sidney goes across to the left (just as he did yesterday, however yesterday he caught the ball on this one he'd be running). He flips it across the field to M-Rob who then throws it deep to Rusell Wilson! Man... it would be an awesome play. He'd have Russell deep down the left side (as everybody would break let as Sidney threw it back across). If everybody stayed home and didn't bite then M-Rob can run it, or have the option to dink it upfield to Turbin who is the safety valve, or to Miller who is running a short post or Golden running a long post. Why so many throwing options? Because M-Rob always seemed to see the field well and that is his real strength as a FB because he was excellent at it as a college QB. It was merely a matter of bulking up. I know the guy is a pretty good QB though. I thought he was a legit 2nd or 3rd stringer coming out of college.

Why such a long developing play? Because I'm crazy. But just seeing M-Rob burning Harbaugh would be hilarious (since he was cut by the 9ers). It would be even funnier if he threw it to Baldwin who then did a flea-flicker to Richard Sherman, but you can't have all of your Harbaugh burns on one play. ;)

So... what's your trick play? To sum mine up. WR sweep, tossback to FB, misdirection deep ball to QB . Jack Patera... we honor you. :)
This is similar to a play I had in mind (that USC ran a couple of times, including in the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan).

QB pitches to the halfback.
Halfback reverse pitches back to the WR.
WR throws to the QB.

TOUCHDOWN!

The Radish

Reaction score
sc85sis":ir0kjj0b said:
SharkHawk":ir0kjj0b said:

So here's my play.

This is similar to a play I had in mind (that USC ran a couple of times, including in the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan).

WR throws to the QB.

TOUCHDOWN!

In that scenerio who do you think would be an illegal receiver downfield?

:roll:

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":1tecsi50 said:
sc85sis":1tecsi50 said:
SharkHawk":1tecsi50 said:

So here's my play.

WR throws to the QB.

TOUCHDOWN!

In that scenerio who do you think would be an illegal receiver downfield?

:roll:

Breno, because he thought it was a running play? :stirthepot:

sc85sis

Reaction score
I should add that this works best inside the red zone.

If memory serves, 'SC was on about the 15 or 20 yard line when they first used this play in the 2004 Rose Bowl. It was Mike Williams who threw the TD. He got the ball, took one step and just flicked a perfect throw to Leinart who then jogged into the end zone for the TD.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Fake punt, Jon Ryan throws a TD!

Then fake field goal, snapped directly to Turbin who runs it in.

Then we put M Rob in there on the next play, but actually kick the ball :)

ak3000

Reaction score
ivotuk":29bylzq5 said:
Fake punt, Jon Ryan throws a TD!

Then fake field goal, snapped directly to Turbin who runs it in.

Then we put M Rob in there on the next play, but actually kick the ball :)

220px-Jon_Ryan.JPG

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Give it to M-Rob on a rare fullback pitch to the right, have Russell Wilson run down the left sideline, M-Rob to Russell Wilson touchdown. Russ has ran it before at Wisconsin and scored on it before.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2rzgpvm6 said:
Give it to M-Rob on a rare fullback pitch to the right, have Russell Wilson run down the left sideline, M-Rob to Russell Wilson touchdown. Russ has ran it before at Wisconsin and scored on it before.

If i'm teh defense, the second i see a pitch to the fullback i'm screaming PASS, since we never pitch it to our fullback.