What I love about Patriot fans

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
You keep hearing all week how "this years defense is light years better than last years" and how difficult it would be for Wilson to move the chains on them.

Then when Wilson puts up 300 and 3 TD's......"oh our secondary sucks anyways that doesn't prove anything!"

:roll:

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Actually I said ALL last week if the Hawks were going to win, Wilson was going to have to do it through the air as the pats would stuff the run.. I was right and Wilson played a fantastic game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'd lay the unBrady like mistakes directly on ET and Sherman. Those two beat him.

Our 12th man took away their no huddle offense, though. Great job all of you lucky enough to have been there.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1e1l44yu said:
PatsFanNH":1e1l44yu said:
I hope that the Pats fans learned that the 12th man is for real and gives us an enormous advantage at home, several of you were trying to play down the effect of the crowd, and I hope that you came away with a new understanding of what we're all talking about.

Hawk fans are every bit as RABID as Raven fans, except they (Hawk fans)dont get quiet when they go down by 10 or more points... THAT made the difference IMO..

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":codpbiap said:
I'd lay the unBrady like mistakes directly on ET and Sherman. Those two beat him.

One was an UN brady like BAD pass 9the long deep pass was thrown BADLY), the 2nd INT i still am angry about.. no need be passing the rock up by 10 in the thrird qrtr on the other teams 5 yrd line when you only need 1 yrd for a 1st and goal grrr... (But that was a nice D catch.)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18optg5k said:
PatsFanNH":18optg5k said:
Actually I said ALL last week if the Hawks were going to win, Wilson was going to have to do it through the air as the pats would stuff the run.. I was right and Wilson played a fantastic game.

In fairness, you were right. I also think it was you who said the Seahawks would have to score more than 24 points to beat the Pats. you were pretty close on that, too.

it was a good game. I came away impressed with both teams. That offense of NE's is very good, but they let themselves become too one-dimensional. Brady is insanely good at QB, and even with the 12th man noise was still pretty impressive - however he made a LOT of un-Brady like mistakes, which i would attribute directly to the crowd.

I hope that the Pats fans learned that the 12th man is for real and gives us an enormous advantage at home, several of you were trying to play down the effect of the crowd, and I hope that you came away with a new understanding of what we're all talking about.

Actually he said a minimum of 24 points.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
PatsFanNH":17gwax7y said:
SalishHawkFan":17gwax7y said:

One was an UN brady like BAD pass 9the long deep pass was thrown BADLY), the 2nd INT i still am angry about.. no need be passing the rock up by 10 in the thrird qrtr on the other teams 5 yrd line when you only need 1 yrd for a 1st and goal grrr... (But that was a nice D catch.)

The run game was not strong at all. The Seahawks have been smashing running backs back for losses in those situations all season long. Brady had already passed for close to 300 yards in the game. Why wouldn't you use what was clearly your best asset in the game to try and ice it?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Bitter,

I was right then lol... on the money.... Wilson played AMAZINGLY WELL.. he going be special if your O line can protect him..

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1en9aqh9 said:
PatsFanNH":1en9aqh9 said:
SalishHawkFan":1en9aqh9 said:

The run game was not strong at all. The Seahawks have been smashing running backs back for losses in those situations all season long. Brady had already passed for close to 300 yards in the game. Why wouldn't you use what was clearly your best asset in the game to try and ice it?

1. Tire the D out and run clock. 2. you just ran it twice for 9 yards.. cant get 1 more with another run? But more important LIMIT the chance of a mistake...

CANHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":380ljsjv said:
And didn't I tell you that this crowd was different when you all tried to say that being doen by 2 scores would shut them up? now you know. Tell your friends.
:177692: High-five!

drdiags

Reaction score
According to some stats posted, after the Jones hit to Brady, Tom went 4-12 for 71 yds and one of the interceptions. Prior to that he was 34-48 for the majority of his numbers (these are from memory, so may not add up to reality). Still, was it a factor that his bell got rung or was it just the fact the defense had gotten on track the second half.

Also there were mentions in the Boston papers that Brady may have tried to pump himself up for this week's game by trying to destroy the Seahawks and shut down their fans early. The opinion was that this is what lead to his grounding call late in the 2nd. There were other instances quoted. Check out Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune for links to Tom Curran and Greg A Bedard if no links have been provided to some of these articles.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":zf5pf2nq said:
Gotta hand it to you for hanging around here after the loss.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk --

You know, I spent most of this past week interacting with Pats fans over at http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html and let me tell you ... there were SOME guys (yeah) who looked at the Seahawks with somewhat condescending eyes ... and who view this victory more as a function of how "bad" their secondary is rather than how good the Hawks are. But in my interactions with them this past week, I found the vast majority of those guys over there to be highly intelligent, classy -- and (believe it or not) very respectful football fans. In many ways, those guys over there are really a lot like posters over here -- fans who are passionate for their team. Sure, 99% of the Patriots fans on their board thought that their team was going to win ... but at the same time, 99% of the Seahawks fans on this board thought we were going to win. I think we as fans (whatever team we root for) all inevitably tend to view wins and losses through our own lenses ... and have a hard time shaking our "homer" mentality. In many ways, that's part of being a fan, that's all.

OP
OP
BuffaloHawk

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3fp3ywtu said:
BuffaloHawk --

You know, I spent most of this past week interacting with Pats fans over at http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html and let me tell you ... there were SOME guys (yeah) who looked at the Seahawks with somewhat condescending eyes ... and who view this victory more as a function of how "bad" their secondary is rather than how good the Hawks are. But in my interactions with them this past week, I found the vast majority of those guys over there to be highly intelligent, classy -- and (believe it or not) very respectful football fans. In many ways, those guys over there are really a lot like posters over here -- fans who are passionate for their team. Sure, 99% of the Patriots fans on their board thought that their team was going to win ... but at the same time, 99% of the Seahawks fans on this board thought we were going to win. I think we as fans (whatever team we root for) all inevitably tend to view wins and losses through our own lenses ... and have a hard time shaking our "homer" mentality. In many ways, that's part of being a fan, that's all.

To be honest that Patsfan forum wasn't bad at all. It was the other forum that was listed that had a large number of people that were predicting they would crush us and that they would have no problem walking in and shutting down Wilson.

I know we do it too, it's still funny though to see such a change in opinion after something happens

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":20sswf68 said:
Hawkscanner":20sswf68 said:
BuffaloHawk --

To be honest that Patsfan forum wasn't bad at all. It was the other forum that was listed that had a large number of people that were predicting they would crush us and that they would have no problem walking in and shutting down Wilson.

I know we do it too, it's still funny though to see such a change in opinion after something happens

Yeah, I don't know about the other forum, but to be completely honest ... the posters over at Patsfans.com reminded me a heck of a lot of the posters over here. In many ways, Patsfan.com ... was a heck of a lot like Seahawks.net. The only difference is that we're passionate about the Seahawks ... and they're passionate about the Patriots. That's it. Honestly, I found myself really enjoying interacting with many of the different personalities there. Like here, there are quite a few characters over there as well. It was kind of cool getting a different perspective on things. It's good to get that every now and then ... rather than simply listening to our own rhetoric again and again. I fully plan to chat w/those guys sometime again in the future ... and I'd encourage any of you to do the same.