Defensive Ranking?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Defensive Ranking?
Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:57 am
  • I heard on the radio this morning that now the Seahawks have allowed the fewest points in the NFL (one point less than the niners)...93 points.

We gave up a lot of yards yesterday, though, so I am sure our yardage ranking has gone down. Anyone know where we sit after yesterday?
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: Defensive Ranking?
Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 am
  • #4 in yards/gm at 294.7.

Edit: We fell behind the 49ers in yards per play. They're at 4.6, we're at 4.7 (when we were at 4.4, I believe.)
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 am
  • Well, in the points per game category, the Bears actually took the lead by not playing this week. If you go total points, you can't count them because they've had a bye week. As far as Yards Per Game, we are sitting in 4th place. The rankings look like this...

1) 49ers.....275.8

2) Cowboys....285.2

3) Bears....291.2

4) Seahawks....294.7

5) Stealers....295.8

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 am
  • The way the Pats have been playing on offense recently, I fully expected our defensive rankings to drop. Nice to see us still in the top 5.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:34 am
  • I expected us to drop farther than 4 for sure. I knew we would be Top 10 still, but we gave up a LOT of yards. Good to see we're still in the Top 5. Without a huge collapse (knock on wood), we should stay Top 5 the rest of the year, as the Pats were the best Offense we will see this season.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 am
  • We will move back up for the rest of the season. We've played some really high caliber offenses so far. Look at the rest of that schedule and tell me there's a high powered offense on it. We might have some tough games and a few losses, but we're not going to give up yards like we did vs NE again this season.

By the end of the year, we'll be either the #1 defense or #2 behind Chicago.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information