Sherman calls out Brady on twitter

BigMeach

Reaction score
I think the thing that made Sherman most upset, to go outside the game and talk smack afterwords. Was the comment of Brady that he was going to make the 12th man boo the Seahawks. I would see how he could take that personally, I think the after the game part was just him actually doing what Brady said to do.

There is an attachment between the players and fans, especially here, as well all know. If I were in Sherman's place, or any of the other Hawk's I would have taken this personally, hell, I DID take it personally when I heard it a few days ago.

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
Greetings, I used to roam this board long ago, when Seattle was in the AFC West back in 2000 to 2001 (We had some battles with those Raider fans, lol).

You still have this forum running after all these years, way to go Aros....

So with my first post, I just want to say we have a feisty team this year, and all the pieces are there, they just need
to continue this rhythm and correct and tweak until the playoffs.

Look forward to communicated with you all.

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome back, glad to hear from you.

Was that your user name then? Like Todd I've been around from the first.

:les:

rigelian

Reaction score
You mean the guy who made a touch down catch and the catch at the one yard line that was called back on thehantom holding call against Locklear? He didn't drop every catch he just had a high visibility drop near the beginning of the game.

VHawk

Reaction score
NFL AM was having fun with Sherman twitter and locker room interview.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sherman can do what he wants, he backs it up and he's all about the team not just him. If i had to pick one player off our current roster to start a team with, i think Sherm would be that guy. He's as good as they get right now at corner.

Tical21

Reaction score
To be honest, Sherman is starting to bug me a bit. There's a fine line and I don't know that he has the control to stay under it. Wait til he gets burnt and a player taunts him the way that he taunts them. I can just about guarantee he's going to get a 15-yarder.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
To me, you need that attitude when you're on an island like that. Short memory helps too

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Sherman was simply fufilling Brady's request. Come see him after the game.....well, he did just that. I actually have to give Brady some props here, cuz I didn't think he had that element of trash talk in him. He know's it was a gamble to say it, gave him some motivation, what have ya, although fortunately for us did not pay off this time. Love that Sherman paid him that visit after the game, now it's time to let this one go and start focusing on the 49ers.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm with Sherman on this one. Brady said he was going to turn the Seahawks fans on their team, and then he had the gall to trash talk about how the Seattle secondary needed to see him after the Patriots won (insinuating he was going to take the vaunted secondary to the woodshed), and then he didn't man up to his words? Screw him. He deserves to have the dirt rubbed in the wound.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Sherman stuff. Huge fan of his play, not a huge fan of his classless mouthing. Smack during the game is one thing- which is perfectly acceptable- but bringing it out before and after games is classless. There's a reason he immediately took the photo off of twitter.

I love the attitude- the nastiness...but you can have all of that and still have class. I don't care who likes or doesn't like our team. I do care about the individuals that make up our team and are becoming the face of the franchise.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tical21":2y11fncs said:
To be honest, Sherman is starting to bug me a bit. There's a fine line and I don't know that he has the control to stay under it. Wait til he gets burnt and a player taunts him the way that he taunts them. I can just about guarantee he's going to get a 15-yarder.

Sherman has been a lot smarter about his trash talking this season. The guy has definitely matured. He just seems pissed right now about the constant disrespect of this team and the defense (3 probowlers, and still pretenders?).

Just last week Steve Smith (one of the biggest sh1t talkers) was in his face all day, trying to wrestle with Sherm. He didn't bite. He's been very chill for the most part, but I could see something got to him this week and he vented. Nothing wrong with that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am jacked that the Hawks are perceived to be some sort of "Bad-Boys" in the league. Look, this is Seattle, no one in the league is going to give them props, so this isn't a contest of respect. The team has basically established themselves as the Nasty boys and they don't care what anyone else thinks. I was so glad to see that Sherman picture and Tweet. You KNOW Brady was projecting his self-appointed greatness in that game. Bad move against that defense.

ET almost had two touchdowns, they slipped through his fingers.. Nobody and I mean NOBODY on that Patriot team catches Earl if he holds onto the other picks he grabbed. Brady could have thrown 3 more picks easy in that game.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
A) I do NOT want this team to somehow mature into the Patriots. Robots that give meaningless canned answers all the time at every press conference. Please.

2) The NFL is an entertainment product, and Sherman is entertaining. I like being entertained.

III) Brady was absolutely asking for it, with his pregame and during game smack, and he's always getting preferential treatment, so the national media is just shocked, shocked! and outraged! when Sherm follows through with post game smack. Give me a break.

D) If you read any of the Patriots coverage before the game, essentially EVERYONE in their local market gave Seattle ZERO chance of winning because we couldn't pass. It's not some kind of weird illusion that the Seahawks somehow believe that they are being disrespected -- they are being disrespected, it happens all the time.

5) The only way we'll break out of this is by punching teams in the mouth, over and over again, so they know who is boss. That's it, that's how we get respect, and if people refuse to give us props after we beat them, they have to be called out.

It's only rock and roll, but I like it!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The comments after the article on the BostonESPN page are hilarious.

It's 1000 comments like, "How many SB's do you have!" /cry

I love it. :lol:

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sherm was talking about Brady talking smack late in the 3rd quarter. My seats are up in Sec 211, which is behind the visitor bench. We saw the exchange, which led to a brief scrap between Brady and Sherman.

After the Patriots recovered the Zach Miller fumble, Brady came out and was warming up on the sideline while the refs were reviewing the call (and I think it was during the commercial break). The Seattle defense was out on the field, and Sherm and Earl Thomas were standing over by the NE sideline where Brady was warming up.

Sherm walked over to Brady and it looked like he said something, then Brady responded, then Sherm got up in his face and Brady pushed him, then Earl Thomas ran over and Sherm grabbed Brady and it looked like a brawl was about to break out. Earl pulled Sherm away, Brady said something and Thomas and Sherm both said something back.

I think that was probably the point where Brady trash-talked Sherm, but I don't think Brady started it. I think it was Sherm that started it, honestly.

In any case, it was great. Because the Seahawks came out and just got NASTY after that. They really stepped it up, and Brady was playing scared the rest of the game. That's when he started throwing passes away, etc.

Anyway... I love it. I love the nasty attitude. It was that nasty attitude that kept this team alive yesterday.

m0ng0

Reaction score
HansGruber":arb2hinj said:
Anyway... I love it. I love the nasty attitude. It was that nasty attitude that kept this team alive yesterday.

+10000 I love it !

CANHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3hda4gph said:
The comments after the article on the BostonESPN page are hilarious.

It's 1000 comments like, "How many SB's do you have!" /cry

I love it. :lol:

Well, they've LOST way more super bowls than we have...