Is Sherman the best CB in the NFL?

kmedic

Reaction score
I really can't think of anyone else right now who is playing better at CB than Sherman right now around the league (Browner's not too far behind..). I've been hearing that opposing offenses aren't even throwing his way anymore. Another monster game today by Richard.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
kmedic":nnq0kmcm said:
I really can't think of anyone else right now who is playing better at CB than Sherman right now around the league (Browner's not too far behind..). I've been hearing that opposing offenses aren't even throwing his way anymore. Another monster game today by Richard.

Things that are obvious don't need rhetorical questions.

sutz

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2i5m1kav said:
He's definitely in the conversation.
This. After all, he's built up some pretty good stats against some premiere QBs. I'm not sure any other CBs in the discussion have faced the talent that Sherm has yet this season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He'd get my vote even with a healthy Revis. His length is really difficult for QBs to fully comprehend...until it's too late.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkWow":9605zsgk said:
He'd get my vote even with a healthy Revis. His length is really difficult for QBs to fully comprehend...until it's too late.
You see, this is what gets to me. I still have problems believing he is as big as he is. He moves with the fluidity of a much smaller man. Over the years, this is the big reason why corners always seemed to be so short, they couldn't change directions with their big bodies and keep up with the more athletic WRs. Sherm can do that. You're probably right on one level. A QB will look at that big guy out there and think his WR will out maneuver him, but it ain't happenin'. Woe on him if he does.

Sherm's amazing.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
And he's only played CB for what, 3 years? 4? I know he started out as a WR at STanford for a year or two, not exactly sure when he turned to D.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't see anyone else that flashes great plays on a more regular basis than Sherman, and even Browner to a great extent, these guys have Quarterbacks leary of throwing anything within range of either of these guys.
They are both aggressive, and play with two distinctly different styles ,so, Like I said before, it's a "Pick Your Poison"
The Seahawks secondary just seems to be getting better and better with each game.
Pete and John have absolutely proven that they know their shit on how to find talent while a lot of others are relying on the draft status of players in making their picks.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Against a traditional CB Brady would have got that ball in to Branch, but vs Sherman it was like he was completing the pass to Richard and Branch was the DB.

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
Guys like Revis, Woodson and Bailey are still around and still on top of their game, but I think Sherman has more impact plays this season. It's amazing to think he's only in his second year which means we got this guy for a while, how nice is that!

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
A World Peace":21hbjnsw said:
Revis is still #1 CB in the league, sherm should be top 5 maybe even top 3

How many INTs does Revis have this year? I'm going with = no superbow.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The NFL net boys giving the Hawks all kinds of props right now. Wilson in particular. They showed the Sherman "You mad bro?" pic with Brady and all had a good laugh over that. EVEN Faulk gave us props. Seriously. He did.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sherman has been getting picked on by EVERYONE the last couple weeks. Romo, Rodgers, Bradford, and Brady have all done it, and all regretted it. He holds up every time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd say with Revis out, he's top 3, maybe the best. Browner has to be up there as well.

Sherm seems a bit faster, and can directions better.

Browner is more physical, will erase you at the line, and is even longer than Sherm. He'll also hurt you, as Welker found out.

Both have amazing ball skills.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":38nwse0n said:
A World Peace":38nwse0n said:
Revis is still #1 CB in the league, sherm should be top 5 maybe even top 3

How many INTs does Revis have this year? I'm going with = no superbow.

See, you can't just look at stats like INT's. Players like Revis rarely get thrown to- decreasing their chances for picks. They call him Revis Island for a reason.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
HawkWow":2j5k119h said:
The NFL net boys giving the Hawks all kinds of props right now. Wilson in particular. They showed the Sherman "You mad bro?" pic with Brady and all had a good laugh over that. EVEN Faulk gave us props. Seriously. He did.

I seriously had to rewind and listen to it again because I didn't believe what I was hearing, especially comming out of Faulk's mouth.