Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Richard Sherman tells press to "shut their mouth"

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • on 710, no link, streaming live.

    Richard Sherman is the man, said:

    -press will say tom brady had a bad day
    -national media needs to shut their mouth
    -they have no idea what is going on up here in the "great pacific northwest"

    I REALLY hope ESPN says something lol, if anyone gets and posts the link, its awesome! He was literally ranting, said this team is built for the 12 round heavy weight fights, any day.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1588
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


  • Love it !! I want a Link!
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1023
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


  • Love that attitude, that's been missing for years!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24642
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • I think a Sherman jersey might be my next purchase.
    White Knight
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 207
    Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:46 am
    Location: Ogden, UT


  • Sports Hernia wrote:Love that attitude, that's been missing for years!

    Agree 100%.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20863
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Might be the best corner in the NFL right now.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9977
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • Well Prime Time and Mooch were convinced that the #1 defense really IS the #1 defense.

    thought all the passes Brady had to throw showed how tough it was against Seattle.

    I thought NE looked a lost slower and tired and sore the last quarter. That's the thing about these guys they just keep at ya and you get tired and start hearing footsteps.

    Except that damned Welker, he is something isn't he? Bet he's sore as hell tomorrow after being blasted twice. In fact wouldn't it be funny if he couldn't play next week?

    :les:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18469
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • You tell'um Sherm!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12766
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • It would be in the best interest of the press to back off of the Hawk-hatin' and just report a great win for the Hawks. This game was actually closer than it should have been and the better (home) team ultimately won. IF Earl ints that 1st Brady screwup....it's a 14 pt swing and Brady would have been playing catch up against our kickass D. Miller also took points off the board with his rediculous fumble.

    Certainly one could point at very game and say If this and IF that, but how many times is Thomas not going to int that ball? Bottom line..we won and if the press decides to stay away from covering us respectfully, they will eat sh*t later when they try to jump aboard. New sheriff in town. ;)
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6740
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • Welker is a beast. I have great respect for him.
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6906
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


  • Yeah Welker is a beast, I couldn't believe he came back from that hit from Browner. Welker is a free agent after this season, isn't he? Maybe he'd enjoy playing with this young team.
    debevemos
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 104
    Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:45 am


  • I love Richard Sherman. One of the best corners we've had here in ages.

    We have a bad ass, hard hitting, confident defense built with a couple high round picks and and a bunch of nobody's who are turning into gems.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 am


  • Sherman is something else. We've had some pretty good CB's play here over the years, but this guy combines athleticism with incredible intelligence that just makes him a perfectionist. He turns his job into an art. Someday, I think Sherman will be in the HOF, I really do. He's THAT good.
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5872
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • White Knight wrote:I think a Sherman jersey might be my next purchase.


    I decided the same thing before the pick (but after a couple great PDs).

    I also remarked to my Dad (again, before the pick) that we are going to have to pay Sherman stupid money. My Dad remarked "I don't care" and I agreed. I think he's been our best player in 2012. Not to get hyperbolic, but due to his frame, performance, effort, and inexperience at CB I think we may have a corner capable of doing what Bailey, Nmandi, and Revis have done.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *
     
    Posts: 3592
    Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


  • My brotha speaks the truth.
    KillerB
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 302
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:38 am
    Location: Issaquah, WA


  • The Radish wrote:...I thought NE looked a lost slower and tired and sore the last quarter. That's the thing about these guys they just keep at ya and you get tired and start hearing footsteps....

    :les:


    This was definately a huge part of our success today, our Defense hurts to play against. Direct evidence of this was Hernandez getting aligator arms on their last 3rd down. Gronk took a shot to the back, and Welker almost got his torso seperated from his legs lol.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1588
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


  • That was an awesome interview....I was riding in the car on the way home from the game and heard him and I was screaming right along with him. And he's totally correct.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9925
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


  • watching the big hits, every one in the bar went OHHHHHH, i was also thinking eventually that would take its toll. at least thats what my hockey coach told me.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 623
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


  • Even when I thought we were going to lose the game. ( yes, It crossed my mind late 3rd )
    I had much admiration for Brady, Welker , Gronk, Woodhead and co. They were just a battle unit. They kept coming at you.
    But the the Hawks turned it up another notch and that was it! I scared the baby, woke him up crying. Told the woman to shut her mouth from talking during the game and basked in glory!
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2007
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am



  • SNDavidson wrote:
    The Radish wrote:...I thought NE looked a lost slower and tired and sore the last quarter. That's the thing about these guys they just keep at ya and you get tired and start hearing footsteps....

    :les:


    This was definately a huge part of our success today, our Defense hurts to play against. Direct evidence of this was Hernandez getting aligator arms on their last 3rd down. Gronk took a shot to the back, and Welker almost got his torso seperated from his legs lol.


    Great post. I saw one of their backs pretend he didn't have a shot at a ball as well. Kinda did the "I lost it in the lights" look. ;) This secondary is really making a name for itself and the word is spreading fast. I saw Browner get away with a PI, but overall, they were money....again.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6740
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • twisted_steel2 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=321014026&photoId=2492055

    Check out photo 49, Sherman is 'congratulating' Brady on a great game.

    Yeah, but #51 shows a different scene. Just saying, one photo, little context.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 14663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • HawkWow wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:
    The Radish wrote:...I thought NE looked a lost slower and tired and sore the last quarter. That's the thing about these guys they just keep at ya and you get tired and start hearing footsteps....

    :les:


    This was definately a huge part of our success today, our Defense hurts to play against. Direct evidence of this was Hernandez getting aligator arms on their last 3rd down. Gronk took a shot to the back, and Welker almost got his torso seperated from his legs lol.


    Great post. I saw one of their backs pretend he didn't have a shot at a ball as well. Kinda did the "I lost it in the lights" look. ;) This secondary is really making a name for itself and the word is spreading fast. I saw Browner get away with a PI, but overall, they were money....again.



    seemed to me gronkowski shortarmed his attempt not to long after welker got cranked as well.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 623
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am



  • KillerB wrote:My brotha speaks the truth.


    This.

    But I did see what you did there Real Rob ;)
    Last edited by AF_Hawk on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2255
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • Sherman is definitely the real deal, not a pretender. I love the way he plays the position. The defensive backfield has come a long way since Kelly Jennings and co.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 524
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:26 pm
    Location: In A Van Down By The River


  • Every aspiring 6'4" WR (that can't catch footballs) should be sending Pete X-mas cards this year. You have to think long corners are the next wave in the NFL.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6740
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • Wish I could link pick #51, it screams caption contest.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 15975
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • sc85sis wrote:Welker is a beast. I have great respect for him.


    Sherman is a BEAST... I have enormous respect for him.
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *
     
    Posts: 3024
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


  • kearly wrote:Wish I could link pick #51, it screams caption contest.


    I already have mine. Sherm, calmly to Tom: Dude, at halftime I snuck out of the Clink and stole your lady too.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 14663
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • sc85sis wrote:Welker is a beast. I have great respect for him.



    They Really need to pay that guy .
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 741
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Boise


  • SNDavidson wrote:on 710, no link, streaming live.

    Richard Sherman is the man, said:

    -press will say tom brady had a bad day
    -national media needs to shut their mouth
    -they have no idea what is going on up here in the "great pacific northwest"

    I REALLY hope ESPN says something lol, if anyone gets and posts the link, its awesome! He was literally ranting, said this team is built for the 12 round heavy weight fights, any day.



    I absolutely love intelligence that can cover, twitter, and be honest.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *
     
    Posts: 1644
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA



  • Well , this year he'll definately be going to the probowl.


    Along with the rest of Legion of Boom.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 741
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Boise


  • TJ manning ‏@roguedonkey
    @RSherman_25 Wait, how many rings do U have?


    1h Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
    @roguedonkey as many as u lol
    Basis4day
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 5778
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am



  • Love the interview. I heard it earlier, but missed a couple of lines.

    Definitely has the right attitude you want. No momentum or anything, just look forward to a hard fought game this Thursday.

    I guess he hadn't heard how poorly Smith played today yet. ;)
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15854
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Sherman's jersey would be one to get even if he didn't bring it on the field.
    God, I love that rachet-jaw of his.
    two dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1151
    Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm
    Location: Doin' time in Yakima


  • i want a 25 jersey with "my brotha" on it. but im white, and noone would understand.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm
    Location: Longview, WA


  • I love how Brady looks like he got kicked in the nuts in that picture.

    I was impressed with how this defense kept pressing in the 4th quarter and didn't look worn down. They played a crap ton of plays out there tonight and still brought it like they were fresh.

    I also love how Sherman named everyone in that secondary unit in his interview. They are obviously a tight knit unit and it's an "us against the world" mentality. I dig it.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7489
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • “I kept saying I’m going to get that next time. Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to (Brady): ‘Please keep trying me. I’m going to take it from you.’ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ‘Oh, I’ll see you after game.’ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.”

    “They’re going to say, ‘What’s wrong? He threw two picks. Well, he should have thrown five picks. If Earl catches every one, then it’s a long day for him. People don’t understand. We’ve got great players out here. We’ve got great players in the Pacific Northwest. The Seattle Seahawks have a lot of talent. People, they don’t look at the film. They don’t analyze anything. That’s why these analysts and commentators need to shut their mouth.”

    Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1588
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


  • SNDavidson wrote:“I kept saying I’m going to get that next time. Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to (Brady): ‘Please keep trying me. I’m going to take it from you.’ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ‘Oh, I’ll see you after game.’ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.”

    “They’re going to say, ‘What’s wrong? He threw two picks. Well, he should have thrown five picks. If Earl catches every one, then it’s a long day for him. People don’t understand. We’ve got great players out here. We’ve got great players in the Pacific Northwest. The Seattle Seahawks have a lot of talent. People, they don’t look at the film. They don’t analyze anything. That’s why these analysts and commentators need to shut their mouth.”

    Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy



    Real talk, my brotha!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2680
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


  • nvm
    Last edited by LengthMustBe on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
    LengthMustBe
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am


  • My brotha, Sherman is MAAANNN! He brings it every down, my brotha, and he has the vision, my brotha, the skills, my brotha, the focus, my brotha, the speed, power, and intensity, my brotha, as well as the brains, my brotha! And my brotha talks a game as mean as he plays it!

    One of my favorite 'Hawks in a long while. Keep it up, Sherm!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Over There





It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online