ESPN SportsNation tweet

Crizilla

Reaction score
"All Russell Wilson has done this year is beat Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton and Tom Brady."

ROTY so far. No doubt about it

rastahawk

Reaction score
I wish to hell we played the Skins this year. Would have been great to watch RW vs RGIII.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3opuuiat said:
Umm RG3 even though Wilson outplayed him today, RG3 just had too much draft hype.

I am very happy with RW but RGIII is not over-hyped. He (RGIII), will have a short career though if he continues to run the ball as much as he did today. Sooner or later, someone is going to lay the smack down on him.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Crizilla":2ds6nsgi said:
"All Russell Wilson has done this year is beat Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton and Tom Brady."

It's annoying when people are complete homer fans, even when it's for the Seahawks. Wilson was not the REASON we won those games, he was the QB for a team that dominated the opponents defensively. I love Wilson, he came up huge today, but he isn't near ROY status. Sure, that could change, but as of now, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":10n7yxhs said:
Crizilla":10n7yxhs said:

It's annoying when people are complete homer fans, even when it's for the Seahawks. Wilson was not the REASON we won those games, he was the QB for a team that dominated the opponents defensively. I love Wilson, he came up huge today, but he isn't near ROY status. Sure, that could change, but as of now, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Dude, cmon. Wilson outplayed Tom Brady today. Nearly 300 yards, 3 TD and no INT. That is a good part of the reason we won today.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
4-2 with that early schedule? That's impressive as hell. 1st three divisional games on the road and the Pat's, Packers, and Cowboys at home, really impressive thus far.

Daddy Love

Reaction score
I predicted 4-2 after 6 games. I thought we'd beat the Rams and Cardinals and lose to the Packers and Patriots, tho. Still, I'll take it, and this is maybe more interesting. But now we probably have to beat the 49ers at the 'Stick to get somewhere in the division.

salamander

Reaction score
Wilson was a major contributor today, but our defense is much better than the defenses of the cowboys, packers, panthers, and patriots.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't including this game, Wilson was HUGE for the win today. For all other W's though, he was not at all the reason we won. And don't take it the wrong way, I'm a Wilson guy, but let's not go all ROY after this week. It was one single week against a terrible pass defense. Wilson hasn't played close to as well as RGIII or Luck. I'd even say he's not the most impressive rookie on this team, that's Wagner for sure.

I love me some Russell, and I think he's the long term answer, but he has not been consistently good, or in some cases not even average, to merit ROY consideration.

suppaball

Reaction score
Hasn't every game, with the exception of Dallas, been a come from behind win? I'd say yes be is a big reason we won those games.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I see RGIII ending up like Vick...
He'll always try to do to much, he takes big hits, and he'll be trying to prove himself when he costs his team wins.
I'm happy with Russ, the game is slowing down for him.
And if we ever get the Oline working, he'll be unstoppable.
Go Hawks!

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Even though i am at sea i followed what i could on gamecast as slow and painful as it was. Looks like he and the WRs did a great job of coming up with big plays when we needed it. Although i am a Wilson guy he still has a long ways to go. But i do really think he will get there. He's a blue collar kid who will put in the work to get results. If he can start putting up 250 yds 2tds consistently that would be awesome. But the defense has been the MVP of the team this year no doubt about it. Everyone on the defense has contributed at some point in a game this season. Earl and Sherman with their timely picks today when things were looking bleak. Tells people how amazing this defense is when i honestly think Hill is the weakest player on it. Like i have been preaching all season be patient with these guys the potential and talent is there and if this season is at all like last season they will only get better as the season goes on. But i do agree @ SF is a must win to keep pace in our division. Hope the boys can keep getting it done.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Crizilla":11qb972v said:

Except it was ET, Sherman, Kam, Browner, Irvin, Mebane, Red, Clem, etc. who beat those QB's. Wilson doesn't play against them, those guys do. Wilson beat those guys defenses.

Seeker

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":3afbf4gk said:
Crizilla":3afbf4gk said:

guy just said wilson didn't beat tom brady,
we all just saw wilson beat tom brady (in a freaking shootout, in a game where the D gave up their most points of the season and lynch ran for well under 100)