THAT... is the Russell Wilson..

zhawk

Reaction score
i like this kid, he's got some serious moxie and ice water in his veins. can't wait til the offense really get on the same page. WOW!!

VHawk

Reaction score
Maybe,Bill Belichek is still a master at scheming especially a rookie QB.Isn't it time just to honestly give RW some props?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Today was a very impressive showing by Russell. Time to keep it up against the Niners D.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":zbflkt1m said:
The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

And he took full advantage of it. Finally.

That's all the "Wilson doubters" like myself wanted to see from him. He stepped up in a big way after it looked like the team was on the verge of possibly getting blown out.

Very pleased with Wilson today.

zhawk

Reaction score
and to think, with 1 more key completion.in 2 games... we could be 6-0

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A day where he brought the team back from 2 scores behind. Russell proved he's got that something today!

Daddy Love

Reaction score
Did NO ONE see him play at Wisconsin, or know that he was a top QB at TWO different D-1 teams? Broke Andre Woodson's all-time NCAA record of 325 consecutive pass attempts without an interception? First team All-ACC AND first-team All Big Ten? Set the single season FBS record for passing efficiency (191.8)? I mean, it's not like there weren't signs.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Yes he deserves props today. He played damn well, best game yet. I can see being a RW believer too. Keep it up rookie!

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Daddy Love":3qm5wbu2 said:
Did NO ONE see him play at Wisconsin, or know that he was a top QB at TWO different D-1 teams? Broke Andre Woodson's all-time NCAA record of 325 consecutive pass attempts without an interception? First team All-ACC AND first-team All Big Ten? Set the single season FBS record for passing efficiency (191.8)? I mean, it's not like there weren't signs.

His bright future has never been a question.. it was the present that many were questioning.

The last two weeks though? He's answered those questions. His biggest test will no doubt be on Thursday, but Wilson played great today.. and now the present looks much brighter than it did against St. Louis.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ghvrize said:
EastCoastHawksFan":3ghvrize said:
The Patriots do have a horrible passing defense , but this game was a thing of beauty . I Absolutley loved all the throws down the field and all his throws were right on.

That's all the "Wilson doubters" like myself wanted to see from him. He stepped up in a big way after it looked like the team was on the verge of possibly getting blown out.

And if you guys had had your way, you'd have never gotten to see it because he'd have been on the bench.

zhawk

Reaction score
not me, i'm sorry for flynn, but he's a paid up insurance policy.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2y5blgcw said:
Hasselbeck":2y5blgcw said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2y5blgcw said:

And if you guys had had your way, you'd have never gotten to see it because he'd have been on the bench.

Haha! Gut punch. I s'pose a few saw that coming. So many people wanted to conveniently ignore he fact that, yes, he's a rookie, but is playing a much smarter game and keeping his composure better than almost any rookie QB I can remember. A comment made by Sidney Rice today rings true in this case. He said something to the effect that Russel has played against some pretty good defenses in most of the games played so far, and has done pretty well when considering how he's been handcuffed by play calling and protection at times...he went on the say that if you add-in the fact that RW is still a ROOKIE it makes what he's pulling off right now 10X more difficult.

I remember a post someone made about the instant gratification most fans are looking for, and it's so true in this case. Some of the posts are so ridiculous as to justify the fiippant benching a rookie QB because they've 'suffered too long already as a Seahawk fan' I've been a fan since 1976, but won't use any suffering-fandom excuses to support stupid decisions by our coaches. The same goes for all the Madden-level GMs out there. Give it a break. Unless the rook totally stinks it up, you stick with him for the first season. It's about developing for long-term success when you've got a high-ceiling guy like Wilson, not yanking him for some flash in the pan that gives you false hopes for maybe one season (see "Difer, Dilfer, Dilfer!"). I'd put dollar to dognut that opposing D's would figure out Flynn's game in short order even AFTER Pete and Bevel pulled the straight jacket off him. Wilson adds mobility, a better deep ball, superior work ethic and intangibles such as leadership and better improv skills, IMHO. When has this team had all of that in one package? A long-in-tooth Warren Moon doesn't qualify.

Zowert

Reaction score
That game winning deep TD pass was ridiculous! For a small dude (in comparison to other QB's in the league) Russ has a cannon arm. I wouldn't say he has Stafford or Vick arm strength, but he's sure up there. He can air it out. Not many QB's can throw THAT deep with such great accuracy. Right on Rice's numbers, and if you give Sidney Rice that kind of opportunity, he's not going to drop the ball.

They should let Wilson throw deep more often. That is if the receivers can get up down the field. Even if they're covered, Tate, Edwards and Rice are great at catching in traffic. Golden Tate is what, 5'10"?? But he plays like he's 6'4" because of how high he can jump up and grab the ball.

I think as time goes by and the more Russell Wilson and Golden Tate play together, the more chemistry they'll develop and they could be a similar tandem as Brady-Welker (well, not THAT good, but you know what I mean). Oh I forgot Doug Baldwin. He's not targeted often and I believe he only gets a few receptions a game, if that, but he manages to make at least one spectacular catch a game. Balls that would be interceptions, Baldwin turns into receptions.

We have been hard on the receivers so far this year, but I think they came through in the second half yesterday. Good thing the Pats secondary is a joke. They have one good DB, that's it really.. I can't believe they let Sidney Rice get behind them on that game winner. Rice was well known as a deep threat during the year Brett Favre had that outstanding season. Hitting Rice for more than 1,300 yards receiving on 83 receptions. He's not the type of receiver that gets a ton of yards after the catch, more a wideout that gets open deep and comes up big on 40 yard plus pass plays.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
My hat is off for RW. What I bitched about last week (I'll say again, I never called for Flynn to replace him, I just wanted him to show more than FG's and stalled drives), he and the Offense fixed. Yes, it was against a lackluster secondary, but he still made it happen. He played well and I cheered for him all the way. Next up, a tough 49ers defense. Let's go Hawks!!

sam1313

Reaction score
Outstanding RW!!!! And, it is nice to see some of his doubters (especially Hasselbeck) giving him props. Well done.