We will look back on week 6 as a turning point

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • We're now atop the NFC West with the AZ and SF losses and we have the easiest part of our schedule to go. This was a season changing win, and Russell Wilson put the team on his back to do so.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• We came in to the game 3-2 and were in every game at the end.... Not sure how another win is considered a turnin point
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Obviously, this was a huge win for us. Going into today, we had 2 losses to teams we feel we are better than, one huge legitimate win against Dallas, a gimme against GB, and a nice road win at Carolina. However, in order for it to be a turning point, we would have had to be going in some negative direction, which we weren't. I see today as one of those weeks where we got A LOT better and we were able to beat a great team with a great QB and a great coach.

To your point, I think the fans may have turned a page today, more so than the team. I think the Russell bashing will wane severely this week and we, as fans, can leave that debate behind. One can only hope, anyway.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Rookie

• [quote="LoneHawkFan"]Obviously, this was a huge win for us. Going into today, we had 2 losses to teams we feel we are better than, one huge legitimate win against Dallas, a gimme against GB, and a nice road win at Carolina. However, in order for it to be a turning point, we would have had to be going in some negative direction, which we weren't. I see today as one of those weeks where we got A LOT better and we were able to beat a great team with a great QB and a great coach.

To your point, I think the fans may have turned a page today, more so than the team. I think the Russell bashing will wane severely this week and we, as fans, can leave that debate behind. One can only hope, anyway.[/quote

IMO, the term "turning point" is very appropriate. We have been in negative direction since losing Hutch. Which almost coincides with the last time we had a QB we could count on. Great win today and I believe several questions were answered with this win. With a rook, we just beat the best O in the league who came in 12-1 on the road. The fact this win shuts up Flynn supporters (like myself) contributes to this win being something of a turning point for the franchise, IMO.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Dear god I hope this is the end of the Russell bashing. Dude just won a mini-shootout against the most powerful offense in the league (complete with a long bomb game winning score). Anyone spewing spite after this is just being a contraroan asshole.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Today was definitely a turning point. This will be the game everyone looks back and says the team turned the corner and became a playoff team. Our first 8 games were so brutal that I remember saying if we went 4-4 we'd be sitting fantastic because the remaining 8 games we could go 6-2 and finish 10-6.

We're sitting fantastic. We could go 5-3 or even 6-2.

Game on in SF.

And Can, you won't hear a peep out of me about Flynn starting anymore. Wilson proved it's his job today. I finally saw a winner out there today. Great come from behind win.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information