Why Don't We

Largent80

Reaction score
Use the no-huddle against them in return?

I mean, we have practiced this all week against our defense. I'm quite sure N.E. has not seen much of it in a game situation and our offense could use this as another weapon.

Just Sayin'.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
the ravens ran it against them and it was one of their losses i believe. but i dont know that our team is really set up for it

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they have practiced it for the 2 minute drill, but as you say RW already has a lot on his young plate.

BillyD0123

Reaction score
Largent80":2yndbngb said:

I mean, we have practiced this all week against our defense. I'm quite sure N.E. has not seen much of it in a game situation and our offense could use this as another weapon.

Just Sayin'.

Like Doc Holiday said in Tomestone " by all means please do" Eh, it was something like that.
I don't think this is a game where the Hawks want to experiment.

knownone

Reaction score
We want to control the clock, to keep our defense rested. No huddle is a bad idea.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Not saying run it for the whole game. But keep them off balance by running it at certain times.

BillyD0123

Reaction score
knownone":2b9n793c said:
We want to control the clock, to keep our defense rested. No huddle is a bad idea.

If you know BB he'll concentrate on stopping the Hawks running game until the show they're a real threat in the passing game.
Regardless, the Hawks aren't explosive in the point scoring game. With all due respect for Seattle, their D will look good in a losing effort.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think the team needs to concentrate on what works for them, not what works for the Pats.

:roll:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
It's easy to say "just go no huddle on them" much more difficult to do. It would be a bad idea as others have said....ball control and keep the d fresh.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Largent80":1x5gm2ic said:

Just Sayin'.

I thought you were going to say..... get drunk and screw.(jimmy Buffett?)

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I'd like to open up with play action. We're known as a 'running' team, so first snap, fake the hand off and hit Tate on a go route.

Hey, it already worked once, except for that stupid penalty on Giac.

We do need a definite :187734: moment to get them on their heels.

:)

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I hate that stupid quick "out route" to the WR that takes a step back then catches it. Usually for no gain and a few times a backward pass resulted. Scrap that play please.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1mot43kb said:
I hate that stupid quick "out route" to the WR that takes a step back then catches it. Usually for no gain and a few times a backward pass resulted. Scrap that play please.

I know right..IF they try this again,..please do it right and use a screen to give the reciever a half of chance...sheesh

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":2x24yjc0 said:
I wouldn't scrap it. It can be very effective, especially for someone like Tate who has great open field running capability.

I'd use it judiciously, but if we have a 3 on 2 or a 2 on 1 where the safety help is too far off, I'd definitely give it a try. Or you bring the motion guy over just in time to crack down on the corner to try and break the WR free.

There are variations, and again, Tate is a great threat in the open like that. I like that we finally have players that can pull that one off.

Seeker

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1xgpmzsx said:
They have a great qb.

Us not so much.

Maybe some day.
The one time Tarvaris Jackson looked good was during no huddle.
with this team

The Radish

Reaction score
morgulon1":33jubtz3 said:
Largent80":33jubtz3 said:

Just Sayin'.

I thought you were going to say..... get drunk and screw.(jimmy Buffett?)

Sharks on the left, sharks on the right

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Wilson has actually played much better in the two minute drill than at any other time during the game. Going no huddle takes away Pete's ability to keep training wheels on the rookie. He'll make mistakes, for sure, but it plays to his strengths as well. When you consider that with our Defense, most picks result in 3 points, not 6, if he gains a TD for every two picks it's a winning proposition. Since I seriously doubt his TD to INT ratio would climb that fast just because we went to a no huddle, and in fact, he plays better in the 2 minute drill than at any other time, I believe the risk to reward factor makes it a very intriguing idea.

But the fact that it takes Petes ability to keep training wheels on Wilson makes me believe that they'll never do it.