all i have heard all week

hawkfan333

Reaction score
Is how is the seahawks D going to stop the number 1 offense that is so good. But what i dont get is why nobody is asking is how is the patriots offense going to move the ball on the number 1 ranked defense in the league. It just bugs me how we are always made out to be the inferior team.

Steve2222

Reaction score
According to ESPNs fantasy ratings....Tom Brady is projected to put up 300 yards and 3 TDs on us.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Seems like every QB is projected 300 with 3 TDs. ESPN is a joke, news at 11.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Im not taking that projection seriously just pointing out how absurd it is.

nsport

Reaction score
MrCarey":2yy86zgt said:
Seems like every QB is projected 300 with 3 TDs. ESPN is a joke, news at 11.

And 11:30, and 12:00, and 12:30...

salamander

Reaction score
The only way the Seahawks are going to get respect is to continue to win games. (without controversy would be good)

morgulon1

Reaction score
The Patriots are one of the teams that ESPN likes to "perform" on. Much like the Cowboys, Packers, Steelers. We are 3-2 after two 7-9 seasons. Yes we know what we have , that doesn't mean all the east coasters do. If we continue to win games and dominate defensivley. ESPN and the NFL network will be forced to perform on us. Figurativley of course.

sutz

Reaction score
Weren't the Packers the #1 rated offense before they played us?

pugs1

Reaction score
hawkfan333":13uvq3ds said:
Is how is the seahawks D going to stop the number 1 offense that is so good. But what i dont get is why nobody is asking is how is the patriots offense going to move the ball on the number 1 ranked defense in the league. It just bugs me how we are always made out to be the inferior team.

I hear what you are saying. All I keep hearing about is the new found Pats rushing attack. No mention of the Seahawks D holding Wells and Williams to 15 carries for 23 yards, D. Murray to 12 for 44, C.Benson 17 for 45, S.Jackson to 55 yards on 17 carries and D. Williams & J. Stewart had 22 yards on 10 combined carries. I think the Pats will figure out real quick they are not playing the Bills this week...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the "new found rushing attack" is just about to hit a brick wall, I think.

We beat the Packers badly enough that they've never found their groove again, same with Dallas.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Re OP: the media also thinks Obama can do no wrong and Biden's immature outbursts were fantastic. A 10 year old child's opinion means more to me than anything the media spews. They are not objective AT ALL and anymore love to interject themselves into the story instead of just reporting.

OP
OP
hawkfan333

hawkfan333

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":6u6hi8ms said:
Re OP: the media also thinks Obama can do no wrong and Biden's immature outbursts were fantastic. A 10 year old child's opinion means more to me than anything the media spews. They are not objective AT ALL and anymore love to interject themselves into the story instead of just reporting.
lol that is one of my favorite posts and so true haha

12evanf

Reaction score
In 2005, we made it to the Superbowl and we still didn't get media attention. Until Seattle physically moves to the East Coast, I doubt we get any national respect or attention.

Seeker

Reaction score
we can get political in here now? i remember pro obama stuff used to get taken down dang near as it was typed.
anyway, the pats haven't beat a defense of worth all year so as far as i'm concerned its all hype until they play this game.
I'm sorry but since when has beating defenses like the Titans (32nd), Buffalo (30th), and Denver (15th) make you some unstoppable hell-spawned juggernaut?

Can you imagine if the seahawks defense was ranked number one based off of 3 wins against the Browns, Jaguars, and Dolphins? do you think anyone would be seriously calling us a vaunted defense?

Me thinks the NFL pundits are looking at the 2012 Pats and seeing the 2007 Pats.

I say we expose a pretender today.

OP
OP
hawkfan333

hawkfan333

Reaction score
i am not by any means trying to say we are a lock to win this game i am just saying all the respect is going to the number 1 offense in the league and none to the number 1 Defense.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
What will happen is that ET will hang back to prevent the deep ball from burning us and the Seahawks will continue to do what they've done all year, give up the dink and dunks and the middle of the field. NE will drive downfield and we will all be howling and gnashing our teeth and wondering what is wrong with our D. Then, the back of the endzone will do ET's job for him and he'll be able to come forward. Suddenly, NE won't be able to dink and dunk and there will be no middle of the field open to their receivers. The ground game will be stuffed. Brady will be sacked and before you know it, what looked like a sure TD drive turns into 3 points.

Does this scenario sound at all familiar to you?

Field goals are what the Hawks give up IF the opponent can establish a short to midfield passing game. 3 and outs are what they give the opponent if they can't.

This game will be decided by Brady's ability to get one into the endzone vs. Wilson's ability to carry the team after Belicheck's gameplan to neutralize Lynch puts the game on Russell's shoulders. If Wilson has another rookie day, we lose 19 to 13. If he has a good day, gets good matchups vs Moore and Arrington and finds Tate or Rice deep a couple times to make NE pay for keying on Lynch, then we win this one.

Oh, and Hawkfan333, that's my avatar you're using.

Hawks46

Reaction score
^ THIS.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. We might give up 350 yards of offense this game, but I'd be surprised if the Pats score more than 18 points on us unless they get their run game going.

If we can stop their run game with 6 guys in the box, or stop it with our big nickel package (which is probable) then we're looking good. If NE gashes us with the run, we're in for a long day.

We should be able to run against them, and if we can establish the run, we're looking ok. We need to sustain drives so the defense can rest.

I'm still nervous about Belichick's adjustments compared to ours. I'd kind of like to see Seattle come out and pass a bit like we did in Carolina. I think that would take the Pats defensive game plan totally by surprise.

drdiags

Reaction score
No politics ... please! Could we keep those comments in the PWR forum? You know, the whole separation of Sports and Politics.

Now back to the dis-respect card.