NFL Primetime Hates The Seahawks

Bat9th

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2y97h6ef said:
I just watch NFL.network haven't been able to stomach ESPN for 3-4 years at least.
True. I quit listening to them all together. Sports radio and podcasts are the way to go.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NBC bought the exclusive rights to have a "highlights" type show immediately after the action.. that's why ESPN's format is so different now.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's right...Like Shadowhawk said...I get it but it still stinks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":mfu5mg6m said:
That's right...Like Shadowhawk said...I get it but it still stinks.

Totally agree. Loved NFL Primetime. Everything from the "whoop!" to the sick music playing underneath the highlights.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I miss the old Primetime format too. Just changd my cable package... what are the times/channel names of the NFL Network highlights shows?
If I can also find a bar down here in Oly that has that channel, it would be a great Sunday-night hangout.

Rainger

Reaction score
Aros":slv0drkr said:
Apparently.

Why did the suits at ESPN decide to destroy what used to be my favorite sports show by cutting Chris Berman and add the three on the show now? Not only do they spend half the show breaking down plays from what they consider the most important games from the day before (see: East Coast Teams), but they don't even show all of the games (see: Any Game The Seahawks Played In).

I waited and waited and realized at 58 minutes in that they weren't even going to bother showing highlights from the Seahawks/Panthers game.

What a joke. ESPN you douches. Bring back Berman and make the hour the highlights of ALL the games played.
I have given up on all the tv shows other than the fox pregame. I come to the net now for my info. TV sucks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":oepu2fpo said:
Ampedhawk":oepu2fpo said:
I like Berman, still a class act in a business now dominated by arrogant ex players.

Indeed. I can't watch NFL Network because of Sanders and Irvin. They may have football smarts but they are painful to watch. Two humans that think their shit don't stink.
Don't forget Faulk. He's as unwatchable as the other two. His constant and endless Seahawk hate makes me want to :pukeface:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Todd, I hate to be a butt, but this is kinda naive. ESPN isn't going to adjust its programming for Seattle fans any more than a fancy restaurant would adjust its cooking for homeless people. Not its primary source of revenue.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":24p2w3ia said:
Todd, I hate to be a butt, but this is kinda naive. ESPN isn't going to adjust its programming for Seattle fans any more than a fancy restaurant would adjust its cooking for homeless people. Not its primary source of revenue.

Can't we at least get a happy hour?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":vmdj73wn said:
MontanaHawk05":vmdj73wn said:

Can't we at least get a happy hour?

Sorta like how the "moderates" get squeezed out of the media coverage by the extremes of the left and right. Engage people's passionate emotions, get them drawn in; if you watch the show but hate the egotism of Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin, well at least you're passionate about something.

And like the ESPN non-coverage of anything involving the TOUCHDOWN where Seattle beat Green Bay that didn't support their *agenda*, which is to drive hits and eyeballs to their site, by choosing an angle to engage and inflame and get people passionate, based on their emotions, facts be damned.

Sigh... I suppose there are legit, moderate, high-information-content NFL-related programs out there somewhere. Nah, too boring. Never mind. Trash talk and putdowns and East Coast bias sells better to the masses.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
Watched Primetime yesterday. They made sure to suggest a push-off on Edwards on his TD without showing a replay.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
NJHawksFan":3cj8d5ys said:
Watched Primetime yesterday. They made sure to suggest a push-off on Edwards on his TD without showing a replay.

Trey Wingo was the guy that did that. What a d-bag.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3vbawwz0 said:
NBC bought the exclusive rights to have a "highlights" type show immediately after the action.. that's why ESPN's format is so different now.

Ok. But why is the rest of ESPN during the week the exact same? Over the past year or so , ESPN has ditched showing highlights of games in favor of talking heads yelling at eachother and debating mostly the one or two big stories of the day/week. It's beyond obnoxious. I used to think it was hard to find Hawks highlights on Sportscenter years ago. Now it's nearly impossible. Sportscenter, NFL Primetime, doesn't matter what show. They're all now 90% talking heads, 10% actual game highlights. And the few actual highlights they show tend to be the same one or two headline games a week. It's beyond garbage now. SCREW ESPN. Apparently they've been taken over by the producer of Fox News.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":16rmelda said:
NJHawksFan":16rmelda said:

Trey Wingo was the guy that did that. What a d-bag.

Wingo is a MASSIVE douche. I have always hated him. The pushoff remark (especially in light of him continuing to not let up on the Tate-GB play) made me want to break something. Condescending East coast prick.

PS - Wingo grew up in Greenwich, CT. Butt hurt Pats fan, you think?

chris98251

Reaction score
ESPN used to be a rogue network, do things their own way, when they got bought out they stopped being original and became rubber stamp, kept Berman on mostly because of his name but stashed him in small roles for the network. Think about how many of their people left and went other places because of criticisms about how things changed.

When the big three could not beat them they went and bought them, once ESPN got NFL broadcast rights.