The Russell Okung appreciation thread.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
The Russell Okung appreciation thread.
Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:34 pm
  • Russell Okung, I appreciate that I never notice you. Now let's hope Breno improves, cause he sucks.

:mrgreen:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Okung is 2nd in the league in penalties. Breno is 4th. At least according to Seabowl, i'm too lazy to do the research myself.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:Okung is 2nd in the league in penalties. Breno is 4th. At least according to Seabowl, i'm too lazy to do the research myself.

Well the last few games, Okung's been kicking ass on the left side when he's not false starting. Wish I could say the same for Breno.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Yeah but, Okung has shown he has talent, Breno? not so much and he's running around like an angry bear
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Look closely you'll see him backout like a Mac truck before the snap. Hopefully he's got it all figured out now. I think its partly also due to the fact that we have a rookie QB calling the snaps.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• To me it seemed many of Okung's penalties occurred because he was injured (ankle?) and playing through it, but needed an extra half-step to make up for his less-than-quick injured feet. Anyone know the details of Okung's physical health over the course of the season so far? And in fact, there were more times Okung could have been flagged for getting early (false) starts, but got away with it.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• If Wilson was taller Okung would have fewer penalties.
    salamander
    NET Rookie

• I feel like some of the time he just times the snap perfectly and so he moves just slightly before everybody else. I think it looked (especially to the replacement refs) like a false start when really it wasn't, or was at least very very close.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Throwdown wrote:Yeah but, Okung has shown he has talent, Breno? not so much and he's running around like an angry bear

Well, he's definitely having a rough time in pass protection, but I thought Breno was doing a pretty good job in the run game actually.
    aku
    NET Rookie

• This thread is crazy. Does the original poster pay attention? Okung gets called for 2-3 penalties a game! How can one not notice that? I like the guy and all, but he's been a bit off so far this season.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

• Yeah, Okung has been noticed for all the bad reasons.

So far, his rookie year has been his best as a pass protector. Last year was riddled with false starts, holds, and too many sacks. This year I think the sacks are down, but the penalties are up.

He's doing work as a run blocker, though. But, IMO, he's one of the OL players that needs to step it up.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

• Hawkadeus wrote:This thread is crazy. Does the original poster pay attention? Okung gets called for 2-3 penalties a game! How can one not notice that? I like the guy and all, but he's been a bit off so far this season.

He's learning quickly. Not any penalties last game, if I recall correctly, and his pass pro is stout as anyone else (save Unger) on our line.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information