The more I see this guy

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
CANHawk":2sptcoya said:
Gus is going to be a Head Coach someday.

Yup, in my perfect world scenario, It will be after PC's 2 Super Bowl wins and he retires :th2thumbs:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
grizbob":2g8smqiu said:
CANHawk":2g8smqiu said:

Yup, in my perfect world scenario, It will be after PC's 2 Super Bowl wins and he retires :th2thumbs:

Y'know.... Not to create/promote infighting, but I think it is Gos or Cable who is next up.

In a perfect world, the Seahawks create new paradigm and have co-head coaches.

That's a marriage I would endorse.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Everyone was ready to fire Bradley two years ago when he had nothing to work with. How times change! :)

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1v6loflz said:
grizbob":1v6loflz said:
CANHawk":1v6loflz said:

Y'know.... Not to create/promote infighting, but I think it is Gos or Cable who is next up.

In a perfect world, the Seahawks create new paradigm and have co-head coaches.

That's a marriage I would endorse.

Not sure how that would work Leif, but you could do much worse than Tom Cable as head coach. It's just that Gus Bradley continues to impress me with his pressers.

btw had to google paradigm :mrgreen:

pehawk

Reaction score
Thank goodness Cable likes to beat the shi out of coaches and women allegedly; its the only reason he wasn't gobbled up right after Al fired him. In Cable's defense, you should be able to deck whomever if you can create a rushing attack as he did in Oakland and now Seattle. He's EARNED the right to deck fools. Come to think of it, I like to think Cable's knocked Bevell around a few times.

And Montana, I remember 95% of the yahoos on this board wanted Bradley gone. But they only posted that in between Dilfer and Charlie chants.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":1gvj3h5l said:
Thank goodness Cable likes to beat the shi out of coaches and women allegedly; its the only reason he wasn't gobbled up right after Al fired him. In Cable's defense, you should be able to deck whomever if you can create a rushing attack as he did in Oakland and now Seattle. He's EARNED the right to deck fools. Come to think of it, I like to think Cable's knocked Bevell around a few times.

And Can, I remember 95% of the yahoos on this board wanted Bradley gone. But they only posted that in between Dilfer and Charlie chants.

I'm still a yahoo that would like to see him gone. His play-calling gets way too passive at times, see 3rd and long situations where he plays the softzone, only rushes 3 and gives up a first down. I think the only weakness of the defense is the D coordinator.
I thought he'd "grow out of" his softzone tendencies, but he hasn't. Hopefully he will and soon.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FIRE GUS BRADLEY!!!

Oh sorry, just a hiccup from 2010. Carry on.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Personally i'd much rather have Cable then Bradley as our next coach, or go outside the organization and get somebody else. It's nothing against Bradley, I think he's a fine coach and all that but i've never seen anything from him that makes me think he's a future head coach.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
:lol:
Aros":2nd6phe7 said:
FIRE GUS BRADLEY!!!

Oh sorry, just a hiccup from 2010. Carry on.

:lol: chug lots of water and call me in the morning :mrgreen:

pehawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":cnhdhbfi said:
pehawk":cnhdhbfi said:

And Can, I remember 95% of the yahoos on this board wanted Bradley gone. But they only posted that in between Dilfer and Charlie chants.

I'm still a yahoo that would like to see him gone. His play-calling gets way too passive at times, see 3rd and long situations where he plays the softzone, only rushes 3 and gives up a first down. I think the only weakness of the defense is the D coordinator.
I thought he'd "grow out of" his softzone tendencies, but he hasn't. Hopefully he will and soon.

I agree that its frustrating. But, alot of the situations, I'm especially thinking against Romo and Rogers, I gave credit to the opposing QB's. Romo especially played incredible that day. Bradford had 1 or 2 of those also.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bradley is about as much the actual DC as I am. Pete may try to be hands off, but no way that isn't actually his baby.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2stmuluw said:
Bradley is about as much the actual DC as I am. Pete may try to be hands off, but no way that isn't actually his baby.

Oh, and you know this for sure how?

Unless you say you are on the coaching staff...go ahead and talk to this :177692:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3cgubtxr said:
pehawk":3cgubtxr said:

What DC in the league doesn't run a soft soft when the situation dictates? A soft zone on third and long prevents big plays, and. most of the games the Hawks have played this season had a razor-thin point differential. Can you really have a D that is #1 overall in spite of their DC? That sounds more like rationalization than sound reasoning. He runs a soft zone on third and long, therefore he's no good? I would say that is just a difference in philosophy. If Pete didn't agree with philosophy, Gus wouldn't be doing it. If we see this offense finally takeoff this season, watch gus magically get more agressive as we play with a larger lead. :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":2iinb4um said:
Sports Hernia":2iinb4um said:
pehawk":2iinb4um said:

I agree that its frustrating. But, alot of the situations, I'm especially thinking against Romo and Rogers, I gave credit to the opposing QB's. Romo especially played incredible that day. Bradford had 1 or 2 of those also.

True, but why go against what has been working after dominating for the previous 2 downs?
Bring the heat, the pressure is on the offense on 3rd and long, dont only bring 3 and give the quarterback all day to throw he ball.

All of the great defenses in the NFL (the Ravens, Pittsburgh ack, SF ack, AZ ack) dont let up on 3rd down and long. That is all I'm saying, I'm hoping Bradley figures this out soon, I really honestly want to like the guy but his play calling in certain situations irritates me to no end.

seabowl

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":246c9h6l said:
Everyone was ready to fire Bradley two years ago when he had nothing to work with. How times change! :)

Two years ago? How about 2 weeks ago for our third down Defense. After the many coordinators throughout the league that have not made it as coaches of late I'm not so sure he is next up for a HC job. His system has done well recently with the players that were put in place but again there are probably 8-10 coordinators/position coaches per year that are looked at as HC candidates for the next season. We will see.

Latest posts