There is no chance, even if Hawks lose, that it's a blowout

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I'm just gonna keep it short and say a few things.

1. All our games have been close. Why will the trend be discontinued?

2. Russell Wilson is at his best at the end of the game. For some reason.

3. Our defense is just too good to be blown out. Sure, you can put some points up. But once you start trying to run the ball (when you're blowing the other team out) the Pats will get stymied, as we are a very good run defense team, and they can't just run over us all day, or run run run run DEEP PASS. That's not gonna work against this D. We have too many run stoppers and too good of a secondary.

That is ALL.

morgulon1

Reaction score
We need to have a big day from the special teams to put us over the top IMHO. Leon Washington 2 TDs. Maybe a fumble or too with a short field.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
There is ALWAYS a chance of a blowout, things happen. Few things to note:

1. If the Pats go up by a lot, they do not change their game plan. They will continue attacking the same way they got the lead till the end... they believe NO lead is safe..

2. If your losing by a lot (either team) your more likely to make mistakes to try make a big play happen so you score quicker.
To get back in the game.
Now is it LIKELY ?? NO.. can it happen Hell ya!

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2begjbze said:
There is ALWAYS a chance of a blowout, things happen. Few things to note:

1. If the Pats go up by a lot, they do not change their game plan. They will continue attacking the same way they got the lead till the end... they believe NO lead is safe..

2. If your losing by a lot (either team) your more likely to make mistakes to try make a big play happen so you score quicker.
To get back in the game.
Now is it LIKELY ?? NO.. can it happen Hell ya!

Damn, it’s getting harder and harder to dislike Pat fans... :(

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't see it happening at all. Sure it could happen? Along the same lines that Seattle COULD blow out the pats, like they did to Dallas, Is it likely? No! The PATs as good as they are on offense, isn't exactly explosive-- If you look at last weeks game they have 10+ play TD drives like 3 times.

they are the epitome of dink and dunk and rely on YAC yards. I don't see NE running at will like they did against Denver and Buffalo.

The final reason why I don't think NE will blowout the Hawks is the Hawks typically are a better 2nd half team.

But as you say if there are 3 turnovers NE could pile up some points and take us out of the game. I expect a very hotly contested game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The Pats run up the score more than any other team. That's just what they do when given the chance. Any game can end in a blowout, including this one. If the defense has an off day and the offense continues to stink, it very well could happen. Hopefully that will not be the case.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3p2oq9fk said:
I don't see it happening at all. Sure it could happen? Along the same lines that Seattle COULD blow out the pats, like they did to Dallas, Is it likely? No! The PATs as good as they are on offense, isn't exactly explosive-- If you look at last weeks game they have 10+ play TD drives like 3 times.

Very true, But I would ask you to LOOK who the QB was on the other side. That would be Peyton FREAKIN Manning, and the best way to keep him from scoring is to keep him off the field. (Which is what long drives like this do.)

IMOif the Pats are EVER up by 14, I feel very confident they win the game. In contrast if they are down by 14, I would still feel they could easily come back.. so odd.. lol

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just don't see any chance for a blowout by the Patriots. Not against the 2012 Seattle Seahawks Defense, ESPECIALLY not in our house.

They will most certainly score more than 10 points but they most certainly will not score more than 24 points and that may be enough to beat them.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Russell Wilson needs to be as secure with the ball as a bank vault. The only way this turns into a blowout is if we spot the Patriots great field position (inside the 30) so that they have an easier time putting up 6. If they have to deal with a long field the entire day, it's going to be a long game for their offense.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Aros":1gt262eo said:
They will most certainly score more than 10 points but they most certainly will not score more than 24 points and that may be enough to beat them.

I myself hate making guarantees like that because they either A. give me a terrible performance and I look cocky, or B. they blow the doors off the team and I look stupid.. I never get them right.

I see the Pats O getting as little as 14 and as many as 35.... IMO all depends on the turnovers... they get TO's deep in Hawk Territory I see a high number. I wouldnt be shocked by ANYTHING at this point lol

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Teams needs to be HUGE for us this Sunday. And I keep thinking about this for some reason but how cool would it be to see us beat the Patriots from a Trufant pick 6?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Aros,

anything is possible, just as likely Pats win thatnks to a McCourty Pick six or a hightower fumble recovery for a TD... ANYTHING can happen... I just hope your kick returner gets a lot of chances to return kicks this game :p

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
PatsFanNH":uhnnihv5 said:
I myself hate making guarantees like that because they either A. give me a terrible performance and I look cocky, or B. they blow the doors off the team and I look stupid.. I never get them right. I see the Pats O getting as little as 14 and as many as 35.... IMO all depends on the turnovers... they get TO's deep in Hawk Territory I see a high number. I wouldnt be shocked by ANYTHING at this point lol

Yeah I know, it's silly to make guarantees when it comes to NFL games. Any Given Sunday, right? I just feel extremely confident (for good reason) when it comes to our defense. Being the #1 ranked defense isn't a misprint, nor to be fair is it a misprint for the Patriots O to be ranked the same. It will be a tremendous battle of opposing talent and cutting-edge schemes. As one person put it, "The Seahawks defense is the best shield to the Patriot's offensive sword."

If the Patriots score more than 24 points this Sunday that is because a HELL of a lot of BAD had to happen to the Seahawks. Blown assignments, missed gap containment, bad calls, caught napping, and so on and so forth. I think there will more likely be a bend-but-not-break approach. The Patriots will get some TDs against us. How many is the question. If Russell Wilson has a very good day, I think we win this game. To me, the story of this game is more about how productive our offense will be versus how good our defense will be.

sam1313

Reaction score
I feel almost exactly like I did before the Dallas game. I am nervous as hell, I want to win SOOOOOOO bad, and I have enough faith in this team to believe that we can certainly pull it out if we limit our mistakes. We play like we did against Dallas (big hits early, get after the QB, get good special teams play, run the ball well and use passes just enough to stretch the field), and we will win this game. And Pats fans, I know your not Dallas. But we didn't beat Dallas because Romo threw 5 picks, we just beat the crap out of them. If we play like that you lose. If we don't, ughhhh.....

BillyD0123

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2qthug4c said:
I'm just gonna keep it short and say a few things.

1. All our games have been close. Why will the trend be discontinued?

2. Russell Wilson is at his best at the end of the game. For some reason.

3. Our defense is just too good to be blown out. Sure, you can put some points up. But once you start trying to run the ball (when you're blowing the other team out) the Pats will get stymied, as we are a very good run defense team, and they can't just run over us all day, or run run run run DEEP PASS. That's not gonna work against this D. We have too many run stoppers and too good of a secondary.

That is ALL.

Hello Seahawk fans. I'm a long time Patriots fan from Revere Ma. that's looking forward to the game today. There's a stat here that needs a little attention by Seahawk nation.
I'm under the impression that the Hawks O, D and Special teams combined scored under 20 a game. If I'm wrong, sorry, but I can't be that far off. Right?
Here's a peek at what the Patriots O has done in a 4 1/2 quarter span in their last 2 games.

76 points in 4 1/2 quarters
From 11:08 of the 3rd quarter in the Buffalo game, to 4:42 of the 3rd quarter in the Denver game, that Pats scored 76 points.

During that span, they had:
14 total drives
105 total plays
drives of 16, 16, 14, 12 plays
10 touchdowns
2 field goals
2 punts

themunn

Reaction score
BillyD0123":274qhrpw said:
Hello Seahawk fans. I'm a long time Patriots fan from Revere Ma. that's looking forward to the game today. There's a stat here that needs a little attention by Seahawk nation.
I'm under the impression that the Hawks O, D and Special teams combined scored under 20 a game. If I'm wrong, sorry, but I can't be that far off. Right?
Here's a peek at what the Patriots O has done in a 4 1/2 quarter span in their last 2 games.

76 points in 4 1/2 quarters
From 11:08 of the 3rd quarter in the Buffalo game, to 4:42 of the 3rd quarter in the Denver game, that Pats scored 76 points.

During that span, they had:
14 total drives
105 total plays
drives of 16, 16, 14, 12 plays
10 touchdowns
2 field goals
2 punts

Well done, I'm under the impression that the Patriots are allowing 25 points a game this season. I'm sorry but I can't be that far off right?

Here's what the Hawks defense has done over the last 4 GAMES (ie, no games against the god-awful Bills to drive up the stats)

36 drives
237 plays
forced 20 punts (11 of them on 3 and outs), one blocked and returned for TD
2 interceptions
2 fumble recoveries
Allowed 7 field goals
Allowed 2 Touchdowns (one which came on a drive extended by a phantom PI on a 3rd down incompletion)
1 turnover on downs
1 time expired
1 TD scored on a fake FG

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As alluded to above, turnovers go a long way, and the defense doesn't have to break for a team to blow us out. Throw in weird stuff like the pick-six against Carolina or a trick play on special teams like St. Louis pulled and you never know.

As to the larger point...I certainly agree that a blowout is pretty damn unlikely in this game. If we protect the football, basically no team can blow us out in our place. Not the Patriots, not the 49ers, nobody. I respect the Pats, but they're going to have all that they can handle today.

BillyD0123

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1zeudo9d said:
As alluded to above, turnovers go a long way, and the defense doesn't have to break for a team to blow us out. Throw in weird stuff like the pick-six against Carolina or a trick play on special teams like St. Louis pulled and you never know.

As to the larger point...I certainly agree that a blowout is pretty damn unlikely in this game. If we protect the football, basically no team can blow us out in our place. Not the Patriots, not the 49ers, nobody. I respect the Pats, but they're going to have all that they can handle today.

A-hem 8)
I heard this info on a local Boston sports radio. Over the last three years = +/- Pete C, as Coach.
If you take the GB game for how it should've ended. The Seahawk's are a .500 team at home.
So, given all the credence to the 12th. man factor etc... How good of a team can Seattle really be?
Really now Hawks fans .500? Let me clue you in on something. Where ever on the road the Patriots play it gets loud, really loud.
That's the price the Patriots pay for being the game that their opponents fans circle on the calendar.
They're not a dome team that melts in the wind rain or snow. The Pat's thrive in bad weather, and have administered some of their biggest beat downs in snow or -32* games.
So, bring on the weather, noise and the Hawks home field advantage.
IMHO... the Hawks will need 14 points from turn overs to keep it interesting.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit of a tool / troll etc... I just feel the peeps on this board should hear some trash talk from the east coast.