Kurt Warner's grade for Russell Wilson

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Things might be a bit different if RW had Holt, Bruce and Faulk at his disposal...along with a Martz style of offense. Heck even Hakim would take most of our WRs to task. Warner seems to forget how pedestrian he suddenly became without those weapons, or the time to throw to them. You didn't hear much from him with the Cards either until he had Bolden, Fitzgerald and a decent OL to play behind.

I think he's taking an awefully myopic view in coming to this conclusion.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ok, shame on me for believing yet another post that only contains part of the story.

I finally had that chance to watch the vid where Warner passed out the grades and what he said was he hasn't seen Wilson show, in a reg season game, the same, big play ability that he showed during preseason, and that he's waiting for him to do that. He said that once Wilson finally shows (and Warners tone indicated he expects that to happen) that he will be a great QB for us. He also acknowledged Wilson's ability to bring us back and give us a chance to win at the end of games. Overall, the review was very positive. The grade for Wilson was how he felt he was doing AT THIS POINT of the season...and Warner was NOT saying that Wilson possessess no big play capabilty..just that he's waiting to see it happen again as sort of a milestone for reg season play.

It gets kinda irritating sometimes reading 1/2 of the truth getting posted just because somebody's playing the disrespect angle to maximize responses to a thread. :les:

Twisted

Reaction score
ensett":2b4fpo01 said:
Twisted":2b4fpo01 said:
salamander":2b4fpo01 said:
To me big plays aren't "long" plays, but clutch plays that led to scores. Wilson hasn't had many of those even though there HAVE been opportunities. The GB game I think was more a product of luck than any big plays by Wilson (e.g. overturned int, lucky hail Mary) It would have been interesting to see what he could have done had McCoy not fallen down.

not sure Warner is the guy? he had one decent season in his last 5 seasons, 3 decent seasons in his entire 12 year nfl career, why is he all the sudden the go to guy? last I heard he was doing speeches at local 12 squares... :?

hes had a lot more good seasons than that

really?

he had one 9-7 the rest were losers, shall I post up his stats?

NO!

they're easy enough to find, do it yourself

geez

Twisted

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1awxamnk said:
Ok, shame on me for believing yet another post that only contains part of the story.

I finally had that chance to watch the vid where Warner passed out the grades and what he said was he hasn't seen Wilson show, in a reg season game, the same, big play ability that he showed during preseason, and that he's waiting for him to do that. He said that once Wilson finally shows (and Warners tone indicated he expects that to happen) that he will be a great QB for us. He also acknowledged Wilson's ability to bring us back and give us a chance to win at the end of games. Overall, the review was very positive. The grade for Wilson was how he felt he was doing AT THIS POINT of the season...and Warner was NOT saying that Wilson possessess no big play capabilty..just that he's waiting to see it happen again as sort of a milestone for reg season play.

It gets kinda irritating sometimes reading 1/2 of the truth getting posted just because somebody's playing the disrespect angle to maximize responses to a thread. :les:

no he is wrong!

Wilson has made some big plays one of which was the talk of the football world for over a week, good grief whats with you people it was an obvious misnomer and an attempt at a dig by a pro ball player no longer in the game who can see RW may be heads and tails above his rookie year performance?

there's an old saying "if you don't have anything good to say, zip it", Warner is just sounding like those ESPN dolts no matter how much you peddle backwards for the him... Warner had a lot of tools around him to make him look spectacular just like Brady and Mr Rogers, BUT, he was so fragile he couldn't make a decent career out of football

Warner had 6 straight incomplete years in the NFL, not a very good track record IMHO, however when he had a stout O-line and open targets that caught the ball almost every pass he looked good.

Wilson neither has a stout O-line nor receivers that can catch the ball almost every single pass, and EVERYONE knows this! Warner is way out of line.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Seems to me that RW is a victim of passing stats. The talking heads collectively look at the passing stats and see low numbers, which they then blame RW for. As we all know, and the talking heads don't, the low passing numbers are more a product of a run first offense and PC still has the training wheels on RW. I expect those wheels will be reduced considerably after the next few games and completly removed by seasons end.

Earlier comments in this thread correctly pointed out that the talking heads need to create controversy (IE: The Packers game) to increase hits for TV viewers, news readers & bloggers, etc.. It's what they need to create interest, good or bad, right, wrong or stupid. Yet, many of us read or tune in even though it sounds like the NFL is now on a par with professional wrestling. I can't wait to see a defender knock out an offensive player with a folding chair.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Twisted":zexzs713 said:
HawKnPeppa":zexzs713 said:

no he is wrong!

Wilson has made some big plays one of which was the talk of the football world for over a week, good grief whats with you people it was an obvious misnomer and an attempt at a dig by a pro ball player no longer in the game who can see RW may be heads and tails above his rookie year performance?

there's an old saying "if you don't have anything good to say, zip it", Warner is just sounding like those ESPN dolts no matter how much you peddle backwards for the him... Warner had a lot of tools around him to make him look spectacular just like Brady and Mr Rogers, BUT, he was so fragile he couldn't make a decent career out of football

Warner had 6 straight incomplete years in the NFL, not a very good track record IMHO, however when he had a stout O-line and open targets that caught the ball almost every pass he looked good.

Wilson neither has a stout O-line nor receivers that can catch the ball almost every single pass, and EVERYONE knows this! Warner is way out of line.

Zip it? Lol. Warner is now a NFL analyst, that means he's paid to analyze..........good and bad.

We can talk about all the factors involved in why Wilson isn't the same dynamic QB he was in the preseason;

- conservative game plans
- trying not to make mistakes in red zone
- receivers not helping him out
- O-Line's poor pass protection
- game is faster in regular season
- teams scheming against him, not just playing base defenses

But Warner's right when it comes to big plays, Wilson has not made as many of them and been as dynamic as he was in the pre-season when he was running and passing all over the place.

Latest posts