TNF just called the #1 defense a bunch of pretenders

sutz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3vnrtpls said:
It is almost amusing how Seattle in the offseason was the darling of some media outlets with their "up and coming Defense", but ever since the Green Bay game that admiration has turned to hatred for some reason. And the defense didn't even have anything to do with that last play!
Actually, they did. They three and outed the Pack with 2 minutes left, giving Russ & Co time to make the final game winning drive. ;)

Haters gonna hate.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Whom ever says that Seattle's defense isn't legit hasn't done his research and is running their mouth aimlessly.

kearly

Reaction score
haters_RE_Haters_Gonna_Hate-s526x350-62877-580.jpg

edogg23

Reaction score
sutz":2t8iyk3r said:
HawkFan72":2t8iyk3r said:
It is almost amusing how Seattle in the offseason was the darling of some media outlets with their "up and coming Defense", but ever since the Green Bay game that admiration has turned to hatred for some reason. And the defense didn't even have anything to do with that last play!
Actually, they did. They three and outed the Pack with 2 minutes left, giving Russ & Co time to make the final game winning drive. ;)

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah they even forced a fumble on first down which we almost got!

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1bv7f7c4 said:
Well, boys, you heard them. Prove them wrong again!
Exactly. This is great motivational material. I wanna see our pretenders put the freakin' HURT on the other NFL poster children this Sunday!

morgulon1

Reaction score
While Brady sits and pouts , waiting for a roughing the passer flag to be thrown.

OP
OP
rpmischris

rpmischris

Reaction score
Well it will just be the same ol story... Brady and the Patties beat themselves. Blah Blah Blah

largenutz

Reaction score
Title is misleading. Besides that I wonder why I care what everyone else thinks about the hawks. Its not like I care whay anyone thinks of me. Speakimg of people that see me and don't know me. I m mixed. So no one knows what race I am. My hair is long, to the middle of my back. I'm average size 6'1 210 lbs, and 80% of my body is tattooed. I don't care what ANYONE thinks of me. But for some reason I care what these fools say about the hawks. My donkey fan homies tell me to let it pass, and don't understand why I trip sometimes. I'm a true fan, I have a lot invested emotionally In the hawks. I'm out of town, so I'm the only hawk fan here in Denver, that I know. I've met a few at bar etc, but that's it. I don't like when I see neg stuff in press, cuz I never hear the end. The mnf green bay CATCH was brutal.
GO HAWKS!

largenutz

Reaction score
People wonder how can u support a team that's never won anything? Its easy, the SEAHAWKS represent how I aproach life, they are the underdogs who have to earn everything. Nothing is given, many will hate. Its easy to root for a team that's been winning forever. What about the guys who have to overcome all the odds, all the people that said they were pretenders? There's nothing more American than being a Seahawk fan.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I dont think they were calling your DEFENSE pretenders, but the TEAM a pretender team to make the playoffs. I also bet they popinted SQUARELY at your offense in that belief. Are they right? WHO CARES enjoy the ride, because you never know WHEN it will end and ignore the talking heads.. they been calling the Pats demise for years.. SO PARTY ON!! :thirishdrinkers:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
//start .NET conspiracy theory//

Actually, this is going along with what Pete Carroll has been planning. He knows his young defense is good, but that they need constant fuel to take their game to the very top.

So he designed an offense that will keep games close, losing a couple here and there, in order to throw the national media off of our bandwagon any time they get the feeling they might want to jump on. So the talking heads will continually dismiss our team, giving the defense bulletin board material.

As evidence, we were getting too much hype coming out of the preseason, so Carroll instructed Wilson to throw the Arizona game. Wilson, being the perfectionist he is, did it so well that it's had the media doubting the team ever since.

The only time it got close was the miracle win over Green Bay. Tate was actually supposed to drop that Hail Mary "on accident" but the Packers defender actually knocked it into Tate's hands and then pinned Tate's hands against the ball, forcing the TD catch. That wrestling match you saw at the end of the game was Tate trying to pull his HANDS away, not the ball.

So Pete had the offense go out and dump the Rams game just to throw the media off our scent again. Then the slight improvement just enough to win the Panthers game (which is how Pete wants to play it... continual "improvement" from the offense that just wins us games, keeping scores close enough that no talking heads get wise to how dominant the team really is).

Carroll knows that if all the talking heads saw what the Seahawks can really do and started talking them up, the defense might rest on its laurels a bit (since it's still quite young) and not maintain that hunger. So he's like the puppetmaster, stringing everyone along on his brilliant scheme.

//end .NET conspiracy theory//

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
For anyone wondering why it matters what the national media says about us....

1. National perception affects interest, which affects scheduling. We want to be seen more on MNF, SNF, and TNF. This is why high-profile teams like the Cowboys, Packers, and Eagles are CONSTANTLY featured each week on nationally televised games.

2. Free agents DO sometimes get to choose where they go. It's not as bad as baseball, but sometimes there are FA's out there that may not want to play for a team like Seattle, where they won't be recognized as much (and get the high profile endorsements). This also could include members of the coaching staff, as well as advertisers.

3. Conspiracies be damned, I honestly believe that the more popular teams DO get more favorable calls and non-calls from officiating crews. Not because of some elaborate conspiracy or gambling ring, but because of innate pressure to appease the masses. Bill Leavy never purposefully tried to make bad calls to help the Steelers in Super Bowl XL - he was just the inept victim of the media frenzy surrounding the non-story of Bettis returning to Detroit, and the fact that the country's PERCEPTION of the Steelers was as a Super Bowl Champion, while Seattle was seen as a Cinderella finesse flash-in-the-pan.

3. When you have a hot girlfriend, you want to show her off.

djb28

Reaction score
We aren't any worse off than the Ravens team that won the Super Bowl, on Defense alone. Because that offense they had couldn't put more than 14 on the board. But they call that team great!

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
djb28":1ibrj5f3 said:
We aren't any worse off than the Ravens team that won the Super Bowl, on Defense alone. Because that offense they had couldn't put more than 14 on the board. But they call that team great!

WHAT!?!?! Are you comparing your D to probably the GREATEST D in the last 30 years!?!?! really?? I mean your D is good but lets not get cocky about it, because the day someone drops 40 on you (and it will happen) I dont want people having to talk you off the ledge!

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":s9zw7r01 said:
djb28":s9zw7r01 said:

WHAT!?!?! Are you comparing your D to probably the GREATEST D in the last 30 years!?!?! really?? I mean your D is good but lets not get cocky about it, because the day someone drops 40 on you (and it will happen) I dont want people having to talk you off the ledge!

They might some day, but it won't be this day. lol

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":262twhjg said:
djb28":262twhjg said:

He is comparing us to a team that was the #1 D in the league with a very pedestrian offense and found success.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1in0e2jh said:
djb28":1in0e2jh said:

Ahem. In Week 2 of that season, the Jaguars dropped 36 on that "GREATEST D in the last 30 years!?!?!" in Baltimore's own house.

I'm not saying that we have a defense on that same exact level, but we're constructed much like that Ravens team was. Outstanding D, strong run game, huge questions in the passing game. And that team still found a way to win it all. Who's to say it can't happen again?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1ieuy0o4 said:
PatsFanNH":1ieuy0o4 said:
djb28":1ieuy0o4 said:

Ahem. In Week 2 of that season, the Jaguars dropped 36 on that "GREATEST D in the last 30 years!?!?!" in Baltimore's own house.

I'm not saying that we have a defense on that same exact level, but we're constructed much like that Ravens team was. Outstanding D, strong run game, huge questions in the passing game. And that team still found a way to win it all. Who's to say it can't happen again?

Why can't it happen again? have you seen theRULE CHANGES since then? They are pretty much making CB curtsey before they hit the WR anand hitting the passer is from the waiste to the shoulders ANYWHERE else is a 15 yrd penalty. My friend this is an O driven league now, you have to have a good (Not great) O see NY, Giants. a sub par like the Ravens had that year will not work in this league.