Patriot Forums

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Patriot Forums
Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm
  • So I was lurking a little today (on http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=65265), and in a discussion on this week's game there was only one Pats fan (midgar8784) who really gave us any credit. He constantly was defending our D, and telling everyone they were crazy to think this game was a slam dunk Patriot win. These comments, in particular, cracked me up though:

"come on folks I can't be worried about one game? Seattle just freaks me out when they play at home....I saw them just take Dallas's manhood when they played them, I have never seen anything like that, it was scary...it was like 2004 Patriots 20-3 playoff game against colts scary."

"They sacked the best Qb in football....8 times...in the first half!"

"I am not so much worried about our D containing their offense, but I just do not see NE moving the ball against them very much...I am not sure how many games you guys have seen of Seattle but its pretty scary and its even more scary when they are at home."

"Seattle rushes the passer as well as any team in football, and I am not sure dropping back that many times is going to work well. In 2006 the vikes were first in the league against the run, which is why we did so much passing that game, they did not have a very good pass rush, but their D line was great and stopping the run. I believe if we try to use that gameplan in this game, I hope Mallet has been watching closely because he is coming in with a confused look on his face in the second quarter after Brady is carried off. "

"i was thinking from a standpoint of matchups, and its not negative, its fear...some games I feel better about than others...I think it was when I watched Seattle take apart Dallas like anything I have ever seen, and yes I know Dallas is not as good as the patriots and all that, but I have never seen a team just flat out own a team that bad and it was more than the score, they beat dallas at every position...they are a different breed at home, its not about the noise, its just odd stuff...hard to explain. If this game were in Foxboro or even a neutral site, I would say, no issue, but they have some kind of force that unleashes at that stadium."

This is one of the other Poster's response:

"You've got to snap out of it, Mid.
    I've never seen you be so damn negative before. I wasn't even sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but you've gone right around the bend based on 5 games.
    I'm not saying they suck. They don't suck, but that isn't enough of a sample to pull out the completely ridiculous '85 Bears analogy.
    Do you not believe in your man? How many "great" defenses has he trashed in his career? He's psyched to be going to play in, I think, the only stadium in the league he hasn't played before. He LIVES for this stuff-- to show people who he is and fly home with his boys like bosses. Like kings.
    He's going to walk in there like he owns the joint and the coaching staff will have Pete's bunch checkmated by the end of the first half.
    The 'Hawks are nothing more than the latest new kid in town who ends up wondering what happened."
    You're welcome."

I have a feeling Mid is going to be able to hand out quite a few "I told you so's come Sunday afternoon.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Re: Patriot Forums
Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 pm
  • Yeah, I hadn't realized the extent of the Brady worship. He's fallen short in two Super Bowls since the Giants figured him out, both times because of pass rush. Which we have.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:16 pm
  • I really hope he is carried off the field....

No offense Pats fans. I don't want anyone injured for the long haul, but I do want every one of your players to wish the game was over.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm
  • I wonder if it's the same midgar from the ESPN NFL main board I use to frequent a while back.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm
  • The pass rush better show up this game.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 pm
  • sam1313 wrote: I don't want anyone injured for the long haul,

I do, they can start with that smugg jaggoff brady then work their way down the ranks, that dood totally let this game go to his head, he's just like a woman and when he's sacked he's like a little kid, all this playing 10 years in the worst division in all of football. good grief
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:The pass rush better show up this game.

That, combined with your avatar is perfect.
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 pm
  • Twisted wrote:
    sam1313 wrote: I don't want anyone injured for the long haul,

I do, they can start with that smugg jaggoff brady then work their way down the ranks, that dood totally let this game go to his head, he's just like a woman and when he's sacked he's like a little kid, all this playing 10 years in the worst division in all of football. good grief

Way to represent our great board with class...
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 pm
  • I think Midgar8784 should be given an honorary .Net membership...and quick. Say, cut out the beurocratic channels and go straight to Rock or else i'm affraid it may have to be awarded post mortem. :lol:
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:00 am
  • WOW really? Why do people have to get carried off the field to make you happy. I would love to see these types of poeple get off the couch and play ball. Oh ya Tecmo Bowl dont count
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 am
  • Hopefully no injuries so if we win there are no excuses.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:11 am
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:I think Midgar8784 should be given an honorary .Net membership...and quick. Say, cut out the beurocratic channels and go straight to Rock or else i'm affraid it may have to be awarded post mortem. :lol:

You do NOT want to do that.

AF Hawk is right... same midgar. He can sometimes seem rational, but there are a few things you just do NOT talk to him about. The Patriots and Brady in particular are one thing. The games the Pats played against the Colts (and the Peyton Manning Colts, in particular) over the last decade are another.

If you can get him talking about two teams completely unrelated to the Pats and Colts, he can be civil and lucid for a bit. But he'll eventually steer the conversation around to the Pats and Brady and all hell will break loose.

I've seen it happen on multiple boards.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 am
  • I want them all upright and in the same mindset that the Ravens were when they left the Clink last year. I love me some Ray Lewis but he wanted the hell out of town ASAP!
    MOCHawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:49 am
  • Twisted wrote:

Both of you guys can take this public warning to heart. Don't say you want to see someone injured and expect to be welcome at .NET
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:29 am
  • Good ol Midgar. He's been a staple on the ESPN NFL board for at least 10 years. Decent knowledge but goes irrational crazy sometimes.
    And fans calling for injuries, GTFO
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    Twisted wrote:

Both of you guys can take this public warning to heart. Don't say you want to see someone injured and expect to be welcome at .NET

i definately don't want to see Brady or anyone else seriously hurt. That's douchebag stuff to say, but... I'd love to see him slobberknocked and slapped around so much on Sunday that he starts hearing the footsteps and dropping to the fetal position once the alarm in his head goes off.

Like this...

Making two of the most elite QB's ever look like David Carr would make my year!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 am
  • Please no injuries by either team. That was a classless comment, please disregard
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Yeah, I hadn't realized the extent of the Brady worship. He's fallen short in two Super Bowls since the Giants figured him out, both times because of pass rush. Which we have.

Just how good did it feel to be able to type that part in bold with a straight face and not be laughed out of the room? I always loved the stoutness of the D-line in the running game, but now, with the added dimension of the pass rush we have, they are just phenomenal.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    i definately don't want to see Brady or anyone else seriously hurt. That's douchebag stuff to say, but... I'd love to see him slobberknocked and slapped around so much on Sunday that he starts hearing the footsteps and dropping to the fetal position once the alarm in his head goes off.

Like this...

I agree. I don't want to see Brady carted off the field. Rather, I want to see him throwing his "trademarked" temper tantrums and slapping the ground. Way more fun.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 am
  • I want to see their pride injured
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 am
  • I wouldn't mind if he needed a psyche eval after the game but not physical injuries.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 am
  • CANHawk wrote:i definately don't want to see Brady or anyone else seriously hurt. That's douchebag stuff to say, but... I'd love to see him slobberknocked and slapped around so much on Sunday that he starts hearing the footsteps and dropping to the fetal position once the alarm in his head goes off.

Like this...

Wow, look at that. He's hearing footsteps and seeing ghosts..... that's hilarious.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:26 am
  • I want to see Brady scream at his line, scream at his WR's, scream at his OC, throw stuff around and then tell Belechick off, and thats just in the first half.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 am
  • chris98251 wrote:I want to see Brady scream at his line, scream at his WR's, scream at his OC, throw stuff around and then tell Belechick off, and thats just in the first half.

I want to hear Brady get booed all the way from Boston!! :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information