Golden Tate interview on NFL Network Thursday 2pm EST

CANHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1f0kw95q said:
jlwaters1":1f0kw95q said:
PatsFanNH":1f0kw95q said:
CanHawk,

I see ONE hand on the football the other reaching for it while the Defender has COMPLETE control of said Football. It was so obvious to the CRAP officials that the 2 judges GAVE DIFFERENT SIGNALS! So happens the one from a real college program called it an INT while the other from HS football called it a TD. YOU know as well as everyone else knows with REAL officials thats a pick and games over period. Seahawk fans are the ONLY ones who will EVER EVER say thats a TD, which is fine, I personally could care less these dopey officials are gone and the real ones are back. (Pats lost TWO games because of the dopey officials. and I for one am convinced it is because they were biased and HATED the Pats because they were fans of other teams..) So if anything I am glad it happened it forced the NFL to get the real officials back.

I disagree my friend for few reasons. It was has been confirmed that the REPLAY officials in that game were NOT replacement guys (they were normal refs) and they allowed the play to stand. To me that is evidence that this play was not so cut and dry as MNF broadcasters would lead you to beleive. The fact is by the time Jennings had possession of the ball-- ie both feet on the ground (you can't have possession without feet on the ground), Tate had both feet on the ground and both arms around it and was nearly on his arse. Also I find it interesting that everyone says Jennings had it in chest. How is that possible if Tate's arm was between Jennings and the ball. His 1 arm never left the ball. The rule doesn't differentiate between who has "more control."

In it my opinion and evidence suggests I'm right that the play was called properly according to the rules. However, it doesn't pass the eye test. Similarly, the Tuck rule was called perfectly according to the rules, though 90% of America beleived it to be a fumble INCLUDING Tom Brady. Just as Megatron's catch 2 years ago looked like a catch to most Fans, though it was called an incompletion.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but if you look at the actual facts one has to admit that it isn't so cut and dry and all everyone made it out to be.

That's what it boils down to. To the eye test, it was an INT. To the rulebook, it's a TD.

Well it's nice that the rule book and instant replay was actually there to stick up for the lowly Seahawks for once and didn't allow us to be screwed over by the oh so popular "eye test". Right Vinny Testeverde's helmet? Right Ben Roethlisberger's helmet?

Reaction score
Also, the other Ref didn't signal interception.....he was signaling to stop the clock

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

CANHawk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":23b38705 said:
Also, the other Ref didn't signal interception.....he was signaling to stop the clock

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Don't tell that to a foaming at the mouth Steve Young...

Reaction score
I don't think the Scott Kacsmar article was linked in here yet either:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Kacsmar is by no means a Seahawks fan.

The funniest thing about this is that if you really zoom in and watch all of the hands - it is apparent that Jennings would have wiffed on the ball competely if Tate hadn't caught it/stopped it with his Left Hand - look at the stills and then watch the video live - Jennings doesn't even have his hands facing the ball - he only was able to trap the ball with his wrists and then wrap his fingers around it because Tate had already caught/stopped it - I challenge ANY of you to have someone loft you a ball - even 10 feet in the air and catch a ball by trapping it between your wrists - you just can't do it.....the reaction time is too short.

sam1313

Reaction score
The other funny part is that this whole thing is Jennings fault. If he would have done his job, and batted that football 25 feet out of the back of the end zone then game over. But Jennings blew it, and Tate caught it (ya I know we disagree on this), and Packers are still crying about it to this day. :waah:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":36pr0rsb said:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

The funniest thing about this is that if you really zoom in and watch all of the hands - it is apparent that Jennings would have wiffed on the ball competely if Tate hadn't caught it/stopped it with his Left Hand - look at the stills and then watch the video live - Jennings doesn't even have his hands facing the ball - he only was able to trap the ball with his wrists and then wrap his fingers around it because Tate had already caught/stopped it - I challenge ANY of you to have someone loft you a ball - even 10 feet in the air and catch a ball by trapping it between your wrists - you just can't do it.....the reaction time is too short.

Wow, hadn't seen that article yet. That's a good one.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
HawkFan72":30wgveke said:
Chrome_Seahawk":30wgveke said:

Wow, hadn't seen that article yet. That's a good one.

If it wasn't already posted I was going to. Best frame by frame break down I've seen of it, and I've seen just about all of them.

Also, when on the ground, MD Jennings is unable to pry the ball away from Tate's one hand with both of his hands and leverage. Tate had a grip and a half on that ball. I'd challenge anyone to lay on the ground, grip a football and have their kid (10+ yrs old) try to pull it from their hand in the same way Jennings tries to pry the ball away from Tate, I bet your kid wins.

Latest posts