Why all of the impatiences?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Why all of the impatiences?
Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:08 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:So, did everything switch? Those who wanted to see Whitehurst (me included) are now onboard with keeping Wilson playing while the ardent supporters of Matt want to see the back up?

Bizarro world.

Speaking just for myself, I don't actually find it all that strange. Whitehurst was easily the better QB in the 2011 preseason (Tjack was a disaster). Wilson was easily the better QB in the 2012 preseason. In my case, I was simply supporting the QB who had done more to earn the starting job. When Whitehurst did get his chance in the regular season, boy did he suck. That put things to rest. If Flynn was named the starter, but got hurt and Wilson came in for one game and played like Whitehurst did in Cleveland last year, I promise you that the very next day you wouldn't find a bigger Flynn supporter than me.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:12 pm
  • We have one of the best defenses Seattle has ever had. The running game is solid. Our rookie QB is having issues, but he really hasn't had a bad game yet....at least not compare to the Seahawks normal fare at QB of late.

This is exactly why we should not be playing a rookie QB. This team is good enough to win NOW. This is the best team since the Super Bowl season in 2005. We have a QB on the bench who wowed America with his 2 starts and we're starting a short rookie QB who is learning on the job and is no lock to become a future star.
    Fearless Frog
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:15 pm
  • Fearless Frog wrote:
    We have one of the best defenses Seattle has ever had. The running game is solid. Our rookie QB is having issues, but he really hasn't had a bad game yet....at least not compare to the Seahawks normal fare at QB of late.

This is exactly why we should not be playing a rookie QB. This team is good enough to win NOW. This is the best team since the Super Bowl season in 2005. We have a QB on the bench who wowed America with his 2 starts and we're starting a short rookie QB who is learning on the job and is no lock to become a future star.

Yeah let's put in the guy who couldn't win the starting job from a rookie. Good thinking.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Fearless Frog wrote:
    We have one of the best defenses Seattle has ever had. The running game is solid. Our rookie QB is having issues, but he really hasn't had a bad game yet....at least not compare to the Seahawks normal fare at QB of late.

Yeah let's put in the guy who couldn't win the starting job from a rookie. Good thinking.

So if Wilson continues to be among the very worst passers in football, you continue to unconditionally start him because he "won" the job? Preseason is useless. If it actually meant anything, than Wilson would be some unstoppable dynamo. But it doesn't mean anything and he hasn't looked like an unstoppable dynamo because he is no longer facing 3rd string backups and vanilla defenses. Flynn's 2 starts blow Wilson's entire body of work (preseason and regular season) out of the water.
    Fearless Frog
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:42 pm
  • Fearless Frog wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Fearless Frog wrote:

So if Wilson continues to be among the very worst passers in football, you continue to unconditionally start him because he "won" the job? Preseason is useless. If it actually meant anything, than Wilson would be some unstoppable dynamo. But it doesn't mean anything and he hasn't looked like an unstoppable dynamo because he is no longer facing 3rd string backups and vanilla defenses. Flynn's 2 starts blow Wilson's entire body of work (preseason and regular season) out of the water.

Coach picks the starting QB. Not you, not me. You don't like who he picked? Write him a letter. I'm sure you can be persuasive enough.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm
  • Coach picks the starting QB. Not you, not me. You don't like who he picked? Write him a letter. I'm sure you can be persuasive enough.

Obviously this is true but it does not mean the entire fanbase has to willingly shut their eyes and put their hands over their ears and willfully ignore any evidence that Wilson is not getting the job done and Flynn should be starting.
    Fearless Frog
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 pm
  • Fearless Frog wrote:
    Coach picks the starting QB. Not you, not me. You don't like who he picked? Write him a letter. I'm sure you can be persuasive enough.

Obviously this is true but it does not mean the entire fanbase has to willingly shut their eyes and put their hands over their ears and willfully ignore any evidence that Wilson is not getting the job done and Flynn should be starting.

As far as evidence goes, we're still dealing with a fairly small sample size. Give it some time, doll face.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 pm
  • The Seattle Seahawks consist of 53 men that play football.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Always best to read the forum a bit before posting and you appear to be one of the few that's noticed that. :D

Welcome to Seahawks.net, glad to have you.

:les:

Les, how nice of you not to get impatiences with him.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information