Question for Hawk fans...

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":eueu31oa said:
To sum it up for Pats fans: would you rather go with the rookie who looks like he could be a Tom Brady, or the veteran backup with three starts that looks like he could be a Drew Bledsoe?

LOL BB went with Bledsoe for a year so Brady could learn the offense and get comfortable lol.. and Bledsoe was good for like 4 years.. :p

Throwdown

Reaction score
Like everyone has said, Flynn looked fine and capable, but Wilson just took the Seahawk Nation by storm and was effin dominant in the preseason. Hopefully after last weeks game the reigns will come off a little bit more, but I doubt it. I think because it IS the Pats, and what the forecast is calling for that the Seahawks are gonna try and turn this into a slobberknocker, last time they forced a game like that was when they demoralized the Cowboys. I don't ask this to be a douche, I ask because I really just don't know, but can the Pats play a grind it out beat the holy hell out of another team and take a beating game?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":kpjvnrfy said:
Seahawk Sailor":kpjvnrfy said:
To sum it up for Pats fans: would you rather go with the rookie who looks like he could be a Tom Brady, or the veteran backup with three starts that looks like he could be a Drew Bledsoe?

LOL BB went with Bledsoe for a year so Brady could learn the offense and get comfortable lol.. and Bledsoe was good for like 4 years.. :p

You say this as though Bledsoe was only a temporary placeholder for Brady. IIRC, Bledsoe was paid a ridiculous contract the year they drafted Brady (something like 10 years/100 m.) I doubt even BB knew what they had in Brady that first season.

Edit: Did some research, Bledsoe was re-signed a year after they drafted Brady.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Flynn's salary is not a big deal given Wilson basically here on a premium. The way I see it is The Seahawks are spending (let's round) say 3 million dollars at the QB position in 2012, it doesn't matter how it's broken up...that 3 million still has to be spent. It's not on PC to pay these guys, he just needs to put who he believes is the best on the field. Besides, the owners rich b#!!!

That being said, Wilson lit it up in the off season and won the job straight up. Personally, I feel the decision took a little too long and is hampering is performance so far. His chemistry with the receivers has been lack luster...but!....showing definite signs of improvement...can't wait to see what will happen when the offense is on the same page! It's going to be awesome.

Go Hawks.

m0ng0

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":m961552r said:
I ask about the trade possibility because a team say Like Buffalo could give up as much as a 1st rounder to get Flynn (or at least a 2nd rounder) and while the hawks are vastly improved every team could use another high 2nd round pick or even earlier first round pick.

We already gave them TJack :lol:

sam1313

Reaction score
m0ng0":1jzd8tfn said:
PatsFanNH":1jzd8tfn said:
I ask about the trade possibility because a team say Like Buffalo could give up as much as a 1st rounder to get Flynn (or at least a 2nd rounder) and while the hawks are vastly improved every team could use another high 2nd round pick or even earlier first round pick.

We already gave them TJack :lol:

Which is why the posts about us "not being able to trade Flynn" are ridiculous. I bet I read 1,000 posts about how it would be impossible to trade TJ since he was making $4 million. Well guess what, we got something out of him. If Flynn gets any playing time this year (whether through injury or because we are kicking the crap out of someone), his trade value could go up substantially. Besides, if the rookie QBs have proven anything this year it is that it is difficult to come in and start as QB. RW is tied for the best win loss record for all rookie QBs in the past 20 years, and he has been assisted by a phenomenal D and a great rushing game. Different teams will be in the market this year, different QBs will get hurt or bomb out, Flynn will be worth something guaranteed.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Throwdown":21lb9mr7 said:
Like everyone has said, Flynn looked fine and capable, but Wilson just took the Seahawk Nation by storm and was effin dominant in the preseason. Hopefully after last weeks game the reigns will come off a little bit more, but I doubt it. I think because it IS the Pats, and what the forecast is calling for that the Seahawks are gonna try and turn this into a slobberknocker, last time they forced a game like that was when they demoralized the Cowboys. I don't ask this to be a douche, I ask because I really just don't know, but can the Pats play a grind it out beat the holy hell out of another team and take a beating game?

1st Snow doesnt stop the Pats passing game and if anything slippery conditions are BETTER for theReceiver as he knows where he is going while the CB could lose their balance. So the Pats will pass alot still.

As for the slobberknocker game, I THINk they can do it now with these running backs especially since teams cant key on the running game even in bad weather.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2jbsx2hv said:
lol ok, do you see the Hawks trying to trade one of these two QB's in the offseason? (be silly have such a high salary for a back up QB.)

The Seahawks look at it as salary paid to a position...so they are spending X amount on the QB position, it doesn't matter to them if the starter or the backup is making more of the pot than the other.

They have the luxury to do that because Wilson is making 3rd round rookie money. His salary combined with Flynn's is STILL less than what a lot of teams pay their starting QB.

If Wilson were to get really good and be worthy of a pay raise in an extension, by that time Flynn will be nearing the end of his contract.

chawx

Reaction score
Don't worry, Flynn will get his chance this year.

In week 17, after we beat the 9ers and seal the division and the #1 spot in the NFC, he'll get to throw for a franchise record 500 yards and 7 TDs against the Rams ....exactly like he did to Detroit when he was in Green Bay. (putting up monster digits in a meaningless game)

Latest posts