Miami Seahawks???

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Am I a bad seahawks fan for not knowing this existed?

"The Miami Seahawks were a professional American football team based in Miami, Florida. They played in the All-America Football Conference for one season, 1946, before folding. They are notable as the first major league sports franchise in Miami and the state of Florida's first professional football team."

They had one Season and went 3-11.

Interestingly, I used that "what if sports" thing to pit the 1946 Miami Seahawks vs The 2012 Seattle Seahawks (at Miami) against each other.

We won 43-0. :)

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Got this from gridiron uniform database.

1946miamiseahawksaafc.png

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3egx2473 said:
Dang. We should have kept those uniforms.
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: Ohwait, you forgot the sarcasm button. Never mind. :D

I did know of their existence as I read up a LOT on the history of pro football as a kid when I first fell in love with the game. Many people don't know that the Browns, Colts and 49ers came from the All-America Football Conference and were absorbed into the NFL when it disbanded in 1950.

Shaz

Reaction score
Did you also know that Seattle was approached to have one of the original AFL franchises? The city of Seattle was hopeful for that idea to spring to life but UW would not let the new AFL team play at Husky stadium

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ng6wp2sg said:
HawkFan72":ng6wp2sg said:
Dang. We should have kept those uniforms.
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: Ohwait, you forgot the sarcasm button. Never mind. :D

lol, I didn't think the sarcasm button was needed in this case :D

Dren

Reaction score
Maybe my subconscious knew this all along seeing how I was born in California, raised in Miami, but supported the Seattle Seahawks. I know... it makes no sense even to me.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shaz":391nbsgg said:
Did you also know that Seattle was approached to have one of the original AFL franchises? The city of Seattle was hopeful for that idea to spring to life but UW would not let the new AFL team play at Husky stadium
Wow, I did not know this. REALLY good bit of info. Thanks for that Shaz. Oh, and screw the Huskies administration back then.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":cxz4s85u said:
Shaz":cxz4s85u said:
Wow, I did not know this. REALLY good bit of info. Thanks for that Shaz. Oh, and screw the Huskies administration back then.

Sheesh. Has Seattle ever NOT been dealing with stadium issues?

dunceface

Reaction score
Dren":33p9cmns said:
Maybe my subconscious knew this all along seeing how I was born in California, raised in Miami, but supported the Seattle Seahawks. I know... it makes no sense even to me.
seems legit