Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wilson's inexperience scares me a lot. He is rather smart with the ball. Few of his turnovers have been actual bad plays or mental errors on his part. He's obviously a rookie, but a good one with a lot of acumen for the game.

Gronk frankly scares the hell out of me a lot more than Wilson's inexperience. He's a manbeast at a position where he can sit there and pick apart our short play defense all game long. Brady to Gronk has the ability to keep that offense on the field for far longer than it should be, and will wear out our defense eventually if A) our offense doesn't outperform expectations, and/or B) our defense doesn't step up and make killer plays and third down stops.

It's gonna be a fun one, alright! I'm stoked!

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Sailor,

Wish we could like post here, I agree with you Gronk seems be under appreciated here, almost like you think he is simular to Dallas and 49ers TE. he is not he is meaner and stronger and IMO the best ALL AROUND TE in the game.

As for Wilson, he has not faced a D managed by a Defensive mastermind like BB, I see them showing the young QB one thing (say a blitz0 they drop out of it and he throws a pick on a quick slant etc. thinking he needs to unload faster. (BB did it for years on one of the greats in P Manning.. so why I expect him get confused.)

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I don't think Russell has thrown a hot route all year.

Yes, Gronk is under appreciated here, but how many players have I/we seen in their prime roll through Seattle and disappear?
It just happens.

This is Seattle, folks don't appreciate what happens here until their team shows up.
National media never appreciates it. Its just the way it is. It's fun to fly under the radar.

128 minutes since anyone has scored a TD against the defense, 100 minutes to the TD prior to that.

I think N.E. will score a TD this Sunday. Will they score multiple?
That's the question.

I love having Season Tickets for weeks like this! #1 Offense vs #1 Defense.

"Lets Get It On!" -Mills Lane

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Hawkster,

Should ebe a great game, i just hope no bad injuries on either side. Hate see a teams season ruined by losing a key player. (Like Lynch for you guys and Brady for us.. the Pats live and die with him he goes down we are screewed lol)

all i ask Hawkster is give the Jets 10X the beating when you face them. (their run D sucks lol)

hawker84

Reaction score
Best To be Careful of what you hope for, in case you haven't been watching the Seahawks and RW, guess what, he can actually throw, and oh yea, he's got a cannon for an arm... those rookie mistakes you keep referring to, i'm assuming you're talking about the 6 pic's.. you can credit at the most two of them to russel, tipped pass by lynch, tipped pass by baldwin, his arm was hit while throwing ball popped up for easy pic, mccoy fell down on the play, the one in carolina was a legit mistake.. so keep thinking he throws the ball away, and can't make plays in the pocket.. heck we want you to think that, please do focus on stopping the run... cuz the fact is PC is finally loosening up the playbook, and our recievers are finally getting seperation and making catches.. and from what i've heard from your own fans is your secondary is the weakest part of the defense... sounds good to me...

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Hawker,

He is a ROOKIE, and ROOKIES make mistakes... and your O is based on the run, so DUH of course they will force a ROOKIE QB on his 6th game to beat them.. That is called comman sense, you dont let their main weapon beat you, you make their UNPROVEN weapon beat you...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":s9u9ulp6 said:
As for Wilson, he has not faced a D managed by a Defensive mastermind like BB, I see them showing the young QB one thing (say a blitz0 they drop out of it and he throws a pick on a quick slant etc. thinking he needs to unload faster. (BB did it for years on one of the greats in P Manning.. so why I expect him get confused.)

Heh, that would require our OC to include the quick slant into the playbook. :stirthepot:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":xxciw1bb said:
Hawker,

He is a ROOKIE, and ROOKIES make mistakes... and your O is based on the run, so DUH of course they will force a ROOKIE QB on his 6th game to beat them.. That is called comman sense, you dont let their main weapon beat you, you make their UNPROVEN weapon beat you...

Of course. Most of us know that and have been around the whole "rookie-sucks-pull-him-not-to-waste-a-top-tier-defense" argument so many times it ain't funny. He is a rookie, and he's hitting that point in his first season where a lot of rookies have a slump because there is finally some good tape on them to dissect and scheme.

The point is that many of the things people take from seeing his stat line aren't the mistakes they assume them to be. With the interception line, for example, reality is he's pretty smart when it comes to ball protection, while the stats don't point to the flukes that caused most of them. He makes mistakes, sure. Just not necessarily ones you'd assume from looking at the stats.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Sailor,

I mean ANY mistakes, for example overthrowing a wide open receiver, or holding the ball a second to long and getting sacked etc, not necessarily TO but things that kill drives.

I am also not saying Wilson sucks! I am saying any smart Coach makes the rookie beat them and not the star RB. What HC wouldnt game plan that way?

hawker84

Reaction score
PatsFanNH

Anybody who has the slightest knowledge of the game knows, you try to take away the opposing teams weapons., ya we get that.. our point is what you guys think is our weaknes i.e. (RW) is not a weakness, he's a rookie and makes mistakes, but if you think he cannot move the football down the field with his arm, especially against a weaker defensive back unit, then you have apparently not been watch this team.. and that was my point... so like i said, stack up against the run, and see what happens to your db's...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":3bzhwhak said:
Sailor,

I mean ANY mistakes, for example overthrowing a wide open receiver, or holding the ball a second to long and getting sacked etc, not necessarily TO but things that kill drives.

I am also not saying Wilson sucks! I am saying any smart Coach makes the rookie beat them and not the star RB. What HC wouldnt game plan that way?

Something to remember is that it's one thing to gameplan to stop Lynch.

It's another thing altogether to actually do it. :mrgreen:

hawker84

Reaction score
oh and by the way PatsFanNH, every team we have faced has stacked the defensive to stop our run and make wilson beat them, guess how that turned our for them... so good luck with that too....

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
hawker84":lzbou461 said:
PatsFanNH

Anybody who has the slightest knowledge of the game knows, you try to take away the opposing teams weapons., ya we get that.. our point is what you guys think is our weaknes i.e. (RW) is not a weakness, he's a rookie and makes mistakes, but if you think he cannot move the football down the field with his arm, especially against a weaker defensive back unit, then you have apparently not been watch this team.. and that was my point... so like i said, stack up against the run, and see what happens to your db's...

I never said he COULDN'T just that a DEFENSE tries to stop what an O does best. the Hawks run the ball BEST, thus they will key on that and make Wilson beat them.

Also our DB's get a lot of flack, this week Wilson will be starting and this DB kept Manning to only 7 points for 3 qrtrs while the O built a 24 point lead. While also keeping McGahee in check..Are you saying our DB should fear Wilson more than Peyton Manning in throwing the ball? (and McGahee is a good RB maybe not as good as yours but still very good.) Manning got yards but the Pats Much melighned secondary made big plays as did our front 7. So dont think it will be a cake walk for wilson to throw either.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":32pw58af said:
I never said he COULDN'T just that a DEFENSE tries to stop what an O does best. the Hawks run the ball BEST, thus they will key on that and make Wilson beat them.

Every team the Hawks have faced since the second half of last season has keyed in on Lynch. That happens when your quarterbacks are Tarvaris Jackson and Russell Wilson. The thing is none of them have succeeded. If the Niner's beastly run D couldn't stop Lynch, I'm sure not worried about the Pat's run D stopping Lynch.

IndianFan

Reaction score
I keep reading about how big a home field advantage the seahawks have at the clink and how every team just seems to cower under the crowd noise etc.
Here is the list of current home game winning streaks:

Ravens (13), Cardinals and 49ers (8) and Falcons (6)

Clearly, all that noise and the twelfth man haven't resulted in that many victories for the hawks....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
After much careful searching, I have discovered film which clearly presents a plan wherein the Pats can defeat the big blue bird of the Northwest. It seems to involve a laundromat, a telephone, a scared little boy, hot German girls, and a drunken defensive coordinator:

[youtube]gg590RzMenk[/youtube]

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
IndianFan":2wyhsnd7 said:
I keep reading about how big a home field advantage the seahawks have at the clink and how every team just seems to cower under the crowd noise etc.

Clearly, all that noise and the twelfth man haven't resulted in that many victories for the hawks....

Dooooooon't Caaaaaaare.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Trrrroy et al,

Well it had work pretty well, you have like the 27TH ranked O in the NFL! and have a -1 TO differential while NE leads the league (w Atlanta) w a +10 TO differential. And you do know your rushing attack is 7th and the Pats is 3rd I mean I know you faced those powerhouse D in THE rAMS,cAROLINA AND gREEN bAY SO HAD BE TOUGH TO RUN ON THOSE 3 TEAMS (Sarcasm off) So please stop acting like Lynch has run over monster D's outside of AZ he has not faced a monster D, while the Pats Have faced 2 in AZ and Baltimore.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
IndianFan":ksvvx5jz said:

Way to bring up useless numbers. First of all, that is a sample size that doesn't even go back a full season, plus there are a million variables which you aren't accounting for, the biggest being the talent of the home team. For example, the Patriots have one of the best (if not the best) home records in the league since Belicheck. That has very little to do with their home field (which is one of the least intimidating in the NFL), it's because they've fielded ridiculously talented teams in that time-span.

IndianFan

Reaction score
Trrrroy":jb3kdo0l said:
IndianFan":jb3kdo0l said:

Way to bring up useless numbers. First of all, that is a sample size that doesn't even go back a full season, plus there are a million variables which you aren't accounting for, the biggest being the talent of the home team. For example, the Patriots have one of the best (if not the best) home records in the league since Belicheck. That has very little to do with their home field (which is one of the least intimidating in the NFL), it's because they've fielded ridiculously talented teams in that time-span.

Perhaps you can educate me and tell me what the Hawks home field record is over the last 3 years? Just reading this thread makes it sound like the hawks are invincible at home. Considering all hawks fans feel that you have the talent now and an overwhelming home field advantage, the current home winning streak seemed like a good number to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.