Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Patriots @ Seahawks)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Each and every year when I begin my FPT's I begin predicting with my head, not my heart. I try to base my predictions not on the noise of my fellow collective diehard, but what I think is most likely going to happen. Then, at some point in the season, like clockwork, I try to follow a trend. Maybe I picked against the Seahawks and they won. Next time I better pick against them so they will win again!

Completely and utterly irrational.

Yet surprisingly, it works more often than you might think.

The point in all of this is to simply reinforce the obvious: These prediction threads are pointless, but fun all the same. There's not a Soul alive that can predict the outcome of sporting events with 100 percent accuracy. If they could, they would make Paul Allen look homeless by comparison. Still, it doesn't make it any less fun to see if you're right! After all, you have a 50% chance of picking the right team with each prediction. You would take those odds any day at the card table in Vegas.

This is going to be a very good test for our team at home. If we lose a game or two at home this year, certainly this could be one of them. I still like the Seahawks in this one because of that "12th Man Magic" that transforms good players into great ones. This can neutralize any opponent and we've seen it happen for years. The Patriots will give us everything we can handle. The Seahawks can win, but will they?

In honor of following trends I say not this week. (You see what I did there.)

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Patriots 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 2-3

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I've picked Seattle in every game to this point, so there's no reason to break the trend...

But I'm going to. I have a bad feeling today that the Patriots are going to penny and nickel us to death. (3 and 5 yard completions)

Patriots 27 - Seattle 17.

3-2 on the season.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Patriots 17
    Seahawks 10
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• I am Biased, but with the 49ers on Thursday, and knowing Carroll a good coach and has prepped his team already for that game as it is 10,000X more important than a non conference game, no matter who the Opponent is..

I see the final score as:

Pats 30
    Hawks 9

Pats score 21 points off of Miscues on your O. AND if my prediction is right, I say this.. it doesnt prove a damn thing but your team was looking ahead to the 49ers and got caught flat footed. 9although proves your D was damn good only 9 points for the Pats O directly.)
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• CMON MAN!!! You're supposed to be the dissenting voice in this thread. :sarcasm_off:

PatsFanNH wrote:I am Biased, but with the 49ers on Thursday, and knowing Carroll a good coach and has prepped his team already for that game as it is 10,000X more important than a non conference game, no matter who the Opponent is..

I see the final score as:

Pats 30
    Hawks 9

Pats score 21 points off of Miscues on your O. AND if my prediction is right, I say this.. it doesnt prove a damn thing but your team was looking ahead to the 49ers and got caught flat footed. 9although proves your D was damn good only 9 points for the Pats O directly.)
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• I've been wrong on every game so far this year. Lets hope it continues.

Pats 27
    Hawks 13

I don't think the Hawks have the firepower to keep pace with the mighty patriot offense

Record: 0-5
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Been going with my preseason predictions every week. You can see by my record how that turned out. Let's hope the trend continues!

Patriots 24
    Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 0-5
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Screw you guys. Hawks win a nail biter again.

Hawks 24
    Pats 20

I don't think I've posted in this thread this year, but I did lose $77 on the Cards game.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• PatsFanNH wrote:Pats score 21 points off of Miscues on your O. AND if my prediction is right, I say this.. it doesnt prove a damn thing but your team was looking ahead to the 49ers and got caught flat footed. 9although proves your D was damn good only 9 points for the Pats O directly.)

Really? I can see thinking your team is that much better, but who in the world looks past the Patriots at home?

anyway, I love our D but I don't think we can score enough points to win. And our patsy fan's point about our O giving points is a valid one.

20-10 Patriots.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    PatsFanNH wrote:Pats score 21 points off of Miscues on your O. AND if my prediction is right, I say this.. it doesnt prove a damn thing but your team was looking ahead to the 49ers and got caught flat footed. 9although proves your D was damn good only 9 points for the Pats O directly.)

Really? I can see thinking your team is that much better, but who in the world looks past the Patriots at home?

anyway, I love our D but I don't think we can score enough points to win. And our patsy fan's point about our O giving points is a valid one.

20-10 Patriots.

You have a short week, you face the 49ers on THURSDAY. Hardly enough time to draw up a good game plan for stopping their O and getting points on their D. Now you guys are very familiar with eachother, but IMO I be shocked if they had not worked on a few things for that game late this week.

I mean a DIVISION game with only 3 days to prepare, oh and the manditore day off on Monday so only 2... see the problem... That game uber important for the Hawks to win.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• Patriots 21 Seahawks 20
    Defense plays great - Wilson plays well....but we just come up short.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• 23-20 Hawks...

This game will be tight but I predict our D taking one to the house late in the 4th quarter to take the lead. D then shuts down Brady and Co. for the win.

GO Hawks!

tcs
    Bleeding Silver and Blue since 1982...
    TCS
    NET Rookie

• This defense is going to bring hell with them and introduce Brady to our sacking crew.

Seahawks 35

Splats 24
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• Defense makes Brady work but he comes up with enough, igniting continued vague arguments about how our offense isn't "enough" to win games.

Patriots 24
    Seahawks 20

RTD: 2-3 (but on a 2-game streak)
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Nobody scores on this defense at home. Especially touchdowns.
    Seattles Red Zone defense is too tough.
    (However, I did have N.E. scoring 3 times)

17 - 13 Hawks
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• Leroy Hill sacks Brady and tears his arm off in the process. Hill then stands up and beats Brady repeatedly with the arm as part of his sack dance. Hill is suspended and Brees wants answers.
    Seahawks win 2-0.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• iigakusei wrote:Patriots 21 Seahawks 20
    Defense plays great - Wilson plays well....but we just come up short.

This.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Close game, and a tough test for both teams. Brady gets some yards and a TD, and our O gifts them another one, but our D gets a score and RW leads another game-winning drive. We win, 20-17.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Well I have to keep with my trend....

Seahawks 20
    Patriots 17

Overall record 3-2
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:I've been wrong on every game so far this year. Lets hope it continues.

Pats 27
    Hawks 13

I don't think the Hawks have the firepower to keep pace with the mighty patriot offense

Record: 0-5

:13: I'm 0-5 myself and looking to be 0-6. I do think Seattle scores some points but so does NE.

Pats 23
    Hawks 20
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• It's easy to picture this another close game where the offense just can't quite capitalize on what the defense gives them and comes up just a little short. It's already happened twice this year. Besides, this is the point in a rookie quarterback's first season where we tend to see regression, where he hasn't quite kept his learning pace with the tape that's starting to build on him. We've seen it with almost every other quarterback out there. Hard to argue Wilson will be that different. And it's the first game of a very tough schedule, that, considering the opponents, is a lot tougher than it appeared at the beginning of the year.

But we're 2-2 in those close games. They've capitalized as many times as they haven't, and they're starting to gel. We're starting to see things between the receivers and quarterback that we've been wanting - screaming/begging/pleading - to see. We're seeing some promise in the passing game. We're seeing that same stingy defense, not giving up but a handful of touchdowns on the year. And we're seeing it all at home in a big, big game.

This time the offense squeaks it out. This time they avoid the messy turnovers, the dumb mistakes, the backbreaking penalties, and the stalled drives. This time they punch it in just enough to counter Brady's massive offensive attack, helped just enough by a very tough and opportunistic defense that gets the turnovers they kept missing the last couple of games.

Seahawks 27
    Patriots 20

Now pass me some more of that damned Kool-Aid!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• 30-24, Seahawks win. It's Wilson's coming-out party as a passer, because we know we can't win against the Patriots sticking only to the run. The Patriots have a crap secondary, Football Outsiders has their pass defense ranked 23rd at the moment, and ours is 5th; and we've faced a fair number of elite receivers. (Fitzgerald, Jennings, Smith, Witten, etc.)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:30-24, Seahawks win. It's Wilson's coming-out party as a passer, because we know we can't win against the Patriots sticking only to the run. The Patriots have a crap secondary, Football Outsiders has their pass defense ranked 23rd at the moment, and ours is 5th; and we've faced a fair number of elite receivers. (Fitzgerald, Jennings, Smith, Witten, etc.)

Noticed NONE of those guys are slot WR, and AZ ONLY has Fitz the rest stink.

Also you have not faced a QB on top of his game yet, where NE has faced Manning and Flacco.. Also dont let yardage etc fool you the Pats D kept every O in check except for Baltimore. they averaged roughly 13 points when the game still matters... and I put Wilson somewhere just ahead of Kolb and Locker but way way behind Manning and Flacco.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• This is LOOONG trip for the Pats. They are due for a tough upset.

The Home dog wins this one

Hawks 14-Pats 6
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Good vibes about this game. Feels like Dallas II.

Seahawks 20
    Patriots 10

D/ST carry us, offense again blows but everyone still loves Wilson anyway.

:th2thumbs:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I hate picking the Seahawks on this one because I've been backwards all year long but I'm going to anyway. And I am going to predict a few more points this week from our offense and the defense at home keeps the Pats under their scoring average.

Hawks - 24
    Pats - 21
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

• 60% chance of rain Sunday for gametime. Can't figure this one is going to be a pass-happy, nor high-scoring affair. Please gawd we must win the turnover battle.

Hawks - 17
    Patriots - 14
    Last edited by Hawker on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

• We play well, but simply cant keep up.

27-21 pats.

Season 2-3
    Remembering rookies will play like rookies, since 2012.
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran

• you mean 3-3.. you do realize we're 3-2 right now.... come on, we have apposing guest on this page... jeesh at least know our record...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:you mean 3-3.. you do realize we're 3-2 right now.... come on, we have apposing guest on this page... jeesh at least know our record...

He means his season record to date with predictions. Well done though, never miss an opportunity to point out someone's mistakes on the internet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• We will get to brady early and often, disrupting their rythem. They will not run on us at all.
    On the flip side, our O still sucks. However, we keep pounding them on the ground and make enough passing plays to keep their D honest. Beast mode breaks one in the fourth to seal it.

Hawks 23
    Pats 16
    jhball
    NET Rookie

• hawker84 wrote:you mean 3-3.. you do realize we're 3-2 right now.... come on, we have apposing guest on this page... jeesh at least know our record...

Not sure who you're referring to here, but if it's in response to my "But we're 2-2 in those close games," comment, may I suggest some reading comprehension courses. We're also 1-0 in games that weren't close.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Haha I love it, SS. Might I add, we are also 3-0 in games we haven't lost.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

• The Pats dynasty ends Sunday, with a ! from our D
    21 -3
    Hawks
    3-2 record
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

• Hawker wrote:Haha I love it, SS. Might I add, we are also 3-0 in games we haven't lost.

True that. Also 2-0 in failed comebacks. So that's like, perfect, right?
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I really want them to win, I think this game is a crucial one for their season as they will go into SF 4 days later but I don't think it happens. New England's offence is ridiculous and their defence I think is slightly under rated they're playing well.

New England 28
    Seattle 10

Hope I'm wrong though.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• 34-7 SEAHAWKS !!
    Out Defense has 4 take-aways

Patriots only touchdown comes on a bad P.I call on Browner in the endzone which puts the ball at the one.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• Patriots win.
    24-13

Wilson throws a pick and fumbles once from sack..
    We get up early and get torched from 2nd qtr on

Record to date
    1-4
    kendog2639
    NET Starter

• I have the Hawks winning this game. Too much defense and too much #12.

Hawks 27.....Pats 17
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I can't bet against the Hawks at home. S 21~NE 17
    AVL
    NET Starter

• Score SEA 13-NE 56
    Total yards SEA 210-NE 550
    Turnovers SEA 5-NE 1
    Last edited by Joey13091 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• I am going to be keying on Kam Chancellor this week as well as our inside LB's and their ability to cover NE's TE's. Frankly, Kam has been struggling this season covering big TE's (even at home) and I am concerned that he may struggle again against Gronk and/or Hernandez.

Can our DE's get any pressure on Brady? The only team that had any success was Arizona and that was from their double A-gap blitzing LB's. We should think about employing the same strategy if Brady slices us up on the first couple of drives.

I just have a hard time believing our defense can keep their offense under 20 points. Remember, our offense doesn't seem to be able to score more than 20. You do the math.

Pats 24
    Hawks 17
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• Joey13091 wrote:SEA 13-NE 56
    SEA 210 TLTYRDS-NE 550 TLTYRDS
    SEA 5 tunrnovers-NE 1

If NE gets 550 total yards of offense, I'll eat my own arse.

Aside from all of the horrible spelling and abbreviations (TLT = total?), your little troll post is not likely to garner the reactions you desire.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I fixed it for you. But no that's what I really believe is going to happen.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks - 31

Patriots - 24

The passing game comes together somewhat. 2 long TD's to Tate and Rice. Lynch gets his 100+yds and a TD. Miller on a short slant for another TD. I have seen this...
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Pats 17
    Hawks 24

The Pats no huddle never gets off the ground and our D scores a TD. My pick to click is Lynch. He'll have a monster game and slow the whole tempo down.
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• Pats 17
    Seahawks 16

Proudly sporting an 0-5 record so far.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Leon will take one to the house.

HAWKS 28
    PATS 14
    (2nd prediction of the year)
    RTD: 1-0
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Hawks are due one special team or defensive TD, which if they get it will be enough for the win

SEA 20 - NE 16

Seattle's bend but don't break D hold's the patriots to 1 TD and 3 field goals in the redzone. The game ends with Brady being pressured by Clemons and throwing his 2nd pick of the game.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• There's no way NE scores 30. They got 30 on Denver and Denver didn't play very well.

Seattle is much better than Denver on defense. I think there's going to be alot of running- Both teams will want to prove they are for real running the ball.

Seattle-20
    England- 17 Seattle drives late and kicks the game winning FG. BRady and BB cry like usual as a result.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information