Could this be a "trap" game for NE?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Twisted,

AZ got a cocky Pats team.. That isnt happening this time. Pats also face teams with Offenses capable scoring in bunches. 9Ravens,Broncos,Texans etc) NO Romo and the cowgirls would not qualify ONLY team you face this year thats even qualifies would be the Packers, and this year they been gawd awful..

And DIVISIONAL play.. this from an NFC West team?? really Yes because the Rams and Cards are so tough!! I mean come on till last year the niners were even a JOKE! The Hawks just now starting to improve, but only game 6 and FYI your team has yet to finish at .500 (close 7-9 under Carroll) so talk to someone else about weak sister divisions, or you forget your division been the joke of the NFL for years till last year?

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":29b7rp9b said:
AZ got a cocky Pats team.. That isnt happening this time.
Just out of curiosity how do you know it's not happening this time? I can appreciate you speculating that it won't happen, not wanting it to happen, etc, but I'm curious what you know that removes any doubt from your mind that this could happen.

PatsFanNH":29b7rp9b said:
And DIVISIONAL play.. this from an NFC West team?? really Yes because the Rams and Cards are so tough!! I mean come on till last year the niners were even a JOKE! The Hawks just now starting to improve, but only game 6 and FYI your team has yet to finish at .500 (close 7-9 under Carroll) so talk to someone else about weak sister divisions, or you forget your division been the joke of the NFL for years till last year?
Hit a nerve?

SirTed

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":192u250t said:
SirTed,

"trap" meaning your team had to choose what to concentrate more on during the week. The Patriots or the 49ers? It is tough, but I would think Carroll put more emphasis on the niners game. (I mean 2 days to truly prep the team to play is insane for such a big game.)

I know what you mean. I'm asking. In your opinion, how many games can you think of where it appeared that the opponent was looking past the Pats. Like it or not, the Pats are the "Evil Empire" (to borrow a term from your beloved Yankees) of the NFL. Everyone gets up for them.

This is not to say that I think the Seahawks will destroy NE. We'll have to play extremely well, and either catch a few breaks or hope NE isn't as sharp as they can be.

The 12th man WILL be a factor.

I'm excited and curious to see how the noise and our pass rush and press coverage effects a vet like Brady. I know you're probably thinking it's a hard edge rush like IND (which it is) but we have better interior pressure than they ever did. Better hope Mankins comes to play.

A few around here seem to have drank a bit too much of their own "12th Man" Kool-Aid. Apparently we've never lost a home game and it has WAY more to do with how loud I yell than how good the team plays. That said, I do think it's the best home field advantage in the NFL.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1cj3s5dd said:
Twisted,

Things change such as the NFC being far stronger than the AFC (interdivisional games are bearing this out) and the NFC West no longer being a doormat division. You have first hand experience with it so why the reaction?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
SirTed,

NOT many teams look past the Pats, but I can't remember a time when a team had such a short week, and a BIG divisional game coming up either.

I will ask you this IF YOU had to choose a game to lose either a NON conference game or a divisional Opponent, which one would you choose? And as a Head Coach which one would you put more emphasis on if both played with 4 days.

I will go even more OUTRAGEOUS if the Pats have a 21 point lead midway through the 3rd, carroll pulls your starters to rest them for Thursday big matchup.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3dstxdp9 said:
PatsFanNH":3dstxdp9 said:
Twisted,

Things change such as the NFC being far stronger than the AFC (interdivisional games are bearing this out) and the NFC West no longer being a doormat division. You have first hand experience with it so why the reaction?

One hate people saying "well your division stinks" not realizing until last yr the JETS made the AFCCG Game TWICE.. so ya really sucked.

More annoying from a fan from a team in a division thats been called that for years. (INCLUDING last year, and will be till more than SF has a winning record out of it.) Does that make your division games EASIER? HELL NO.. division games are the hardest PERIOD for any team.. just HATE dumb comments like the one I quoted.. gets under my skin :)

SirTed

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":vqrsnpqd said:
SirTed,

NOT many teams look past the Pats, but I can't remember a time when a team had such a short week, and a BIG divisional game coming up either.

I will ask you this IF YOU had to choose a game to lose either a NON conference game or a divisional Opponent, which one would you choose? And as a Head Coach which one would you put more emphasis on if both played with 4 days.

I will go even more OUTRAGEOUS if the Pats have a 21 point lead midway through the 3rd, carroll pulls your starters to rest them for Thursday big matchup.

Which game do I want to win?

The next one.

Not to be snarky, but that's how it goes for me. Besides, I think we've got a better chance of beating SF in their house if we're coming off a win than we would coming off a game that we didn't bother to show up for.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
SirTed,

My point is of the TWO teams, the Hawks have a better chance for it to be a trap game, more than the Pats do is all.. You have a lot of key factors as I pointed out.

As I said before this game comes down to our O line v your D line. Brady has like 4-5 seconds when he drops back Pats win... If he is under constant pressure they probably loe. 9depends on what our D does to your O as well.) Not being cocky but Brady has time like that IMO no way your O be able stay up with the Pats O.

SirTed

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":5qk9qrn0 said:
SirTed,

My point is of the TWO teams, the Hawks have a better chance for it to be a trap game, more than the Pats do is all.. You have a lot of key factors as I pointed out.

As I said before this game comes down to our O line v your D line. Brady has like 4-5 seconds when he drops back Pats win... If he is under constant pressure they probably loe. 9depends on what our D does to your O as well.) Not being cocky but Brady has time like that IMO no way your O be able stay up with the Pats O.

I don't have a "time" in mind for Brady. It comes down to comfort, IMO. If he's comfortable out there then we lose. I don't care if he's back there for 6-8 seconds, if he's running for his life or panicking because our DB's have chuck the WR's out of the play then they'll be fine. It's hard to guess how these games go, but I think we'll have to score at least 27 to win, and the offense probably can't do that on it's own. I don't expect the D or special teams to score but some big plays to make it easier on our O will help.

It should be interesting.

Also - as far as a trap game goes, don't sleep on the fact that Carroll was fired by NE, and I think this will be his first shot at em'. At his presser yesterday he didn't come out and say this game meant a lot to him, but you could tell he WANTS it. I don't know what that's worth, because he ain't playing in the game but it's something. I think it's going to be a fun game.

sam1313

Reaction score
Pete also said that right now this game is our universe. No chance he is thinking ahead to the 49er game. And, winning at home is VERY important to this team and to its fans. I expect the 12th Man to bring it more every game we win. It was just just about deafening during the Cowboy game, and I assume it was probably louder against Green Bay. I also assume it will be even louder against NE. Bring it Pats, Seahawks will be ready!

Twisted

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":xfdel1zz said:
Twisted,

AZ got a cocky Pats team.. That isnt happening this time. Pats also face teams with Offenses capable scoring in bunches. 9Ravens,Broncos,Texans etc) NO Romo and the cowgirls would not qualify ONLY team you face this year thats even qualifies would be the Packers, and this year they been gawd awful..

funny guy, Cards and Rams aren't tough? lets see, who did those two teams beat? Hawks have to beat the Pats to remain a contender in the NFC west and they know this, the Pats? the AFC east is a cakewalk.. ;)

yea, don't think its going to be a hay day for the AFC east vs the NFC west, fact is they're already off to a bad start, every defense in the NFC west is in the top 10 and 3 are in the top 5, and thats not against only flimsy teams.

we'll see week 7 whats really going on with the NFC west, Hawks vs Niners, a 9ers team that hasn't faced an nfcw rival, Cards play the Vikings and the Rams play the Hackers, if it all washes out as I suspect it will the NFC west will have cemented itself as the leagues powerhouse, only time will tell but i suspect their legit, the AFC east? :?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Twisted,

Missed my point completly, DIVISION games are NEVER easy. Ask the 49ers if they thought the division games were easy last year. No, division foes always play harder against eachother.

Now untill this year the AFC East had 2 good teams in the Pats and the Jets.. and hell a lot people had the Jets in the SB last year.. (they imploded and continue to implode.) The Bills were SUPPOSE to be good but their D has not performed like expected (on paper they should be great!)

NFC powerhouse teams right now IMO: 49ers & Falcons.. with the Falcons looking amazingly good with Matty Ice.. but you know what it matters little till the Playoffs, because if the Giants are healthy on D and make it, they will probably crush it to the SB again... Good O amazing D... best rounded team in the NFL just suck in the regular season. lol

chawx

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's a "trap" game for either team...but it should be raining pretty good, so I would definitely call it a "tarp" game...

Tarp 30198

....yep :mrgreen:

Modest

Reaction score
You nailed it with your first post. Seattle is too good to be considered a 'trap' opponent. Furthermore, we look past no opponent.