Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":pcfck81z said:
Now I believe the Seahawks have a very good D, but they have not faced a decent O yet this year (based on this years stats):

AZ -- 31ST Ranked 0
Rams -- 29th ranked O
Carolina -- 22ND Ranked O
Packers -- 21st Ranked O
Cowboys -- 16th Ranked O

Are you struggling with the cause/effect relationship of playing a team with an excellent defense? Cause: Unable to move/score against defense. Effect: Lower offensive ranking.

The commonality between all 5 of those teams is they played 1/5 of their games against the Seahawks' defense.

A simplistic model of cause/effect is that after week 1, every team that was 1-0 got there by winning against a losing team.

Statistics without context are completely meaningless.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Well said Kiwi.

Pats fans should be sharting themselves. Their beloved offense is going to get the shit knocked out of 'em.

/drinks another Makers Mark

GO HAWKS!

nsport

Reaction score
I think the Pats fans in this thread have been pretty sane, but IMHO - we will win this game.

Some intangibles and observations on the Patriots:
- No doubt Tom Brady is a great player. Having an icon who is still in their prime is a huge asset.
- The head coach has proven he is a very good schemer. He has the rings to prove it.
- Having a WR that creates matchup problems (Welker)is usually an advantage; albeit he's shrimpy - he's quick and deceptively good
- Having a man-beast for a TE (Gronk) who is in the fabric of the offense is a major advantage - again - major matchup props to NE for exploiting him against other teams
- There is definitely, without question, a young defense anchored by a few really good players - based on the amount of points they give up - they have a lot of maturing to do.
- Aside from Brandon Lloyd and Welker, can you name another WR on that team? Not really... Lloyd has been targeted 45 times, but apparently does not convert well - catching 28 of those 45 passes. The bulk came in two games and has not been impactive... still searching for that other WR? Edelman and Branch only contribute to 111 yards of catches in 5 games.
- Ridley is a good story - that's because he's racking up yards against "quality defenses" like the Titans, Bills, and Broncos. He did little against Baltimore or Arizona.

On our side -
- While it's not a real true "talent on the field advantage" - us at home is a big deal. I don't care what anyone says. This stadium rocks.
- Our defense dictates where the ball can go - by that I mean the WR's might as well take the day off if they are going to line-up across from Sherman and Browner.
- Our running game is VERY GOOD. We don't pretend to be a running team like the Patriots. We ARE a running team.
- We have a rookie QB - but IMHO, he's every bit as good as any QB we've had since 2007. The last semi-decent year for Hasselbeck. At least RW has proven he can throw a ball in the air more than 30 yards - and if not a holding call last week, would have shown against a similar caliber defense what he can do with a deep ball.

Why I think we will win this game:
- With Seattle CB's funneling everything inside the numbers, we are basically playing with a 2 man advantage. Where most safeties are concerned about rotations and coverage handoffs, we don't do that typically.
- I don't think you stop Welker and Gronk. I think you force situations that remove them from the big play opportunity. For Welker, when he lines up, take something from him, whether it be the inside route or the out pattern. When he's on the LOS, bust him hard. When he's off, bracket so Brady has to look elsewhere. For Gronk, be good enough on the DL that he's spending more snaps at the LOS. When he's out in coverage, know where he is and force a perfect throw. Sounds easy to say, harder to do - but we have some of the best DB personnel in the game to get it done. Whatever we do - no LB's in coverage on Gronk. I say bring the safety down.
- Our DL stops the run on 1st and 2nd down.
- Our DL and safety help makes it very hard to convert on 3rd down. Safeties coming down to help LB's and the maddening rush from the DE positions really rattle other teams
- Our running game should be good for 5 YPC on Sunday. We are not the Cardinals. We are not the Ravens (who interestingly thinks they are a passing team this year). We run the ball. And we keep running it.
- I sincerely doubt that this game goes anywhere due to turnovers on RW. If something happens - it will be a fluke.
- Weather will be a factor. I think may benefit us in the running game.
- The TOP stat will be won by the Hawks.
- Can't argue we have a great kicking game to go along with the D and weather for Sunday.
- NE will no doubt try to exploit their advantages mentioned prior - I think they will, but just not enough to matter.

GoPeteGo!

Reaction score
You guys are basing fantasy against facts. There is no way Seattle wins this game. There is no way the Hawks compete in this game. They have not played an offense like they will be seeing on Sunday and yes Lynch is a VG back and can run, and when the Hawks are down 21-0 feel free to run it all day. Pats control the tempo of the games they play. The Seahawks offense is pathetic, sure Wilson will get some garbage time 20-20 stats, thats what the Pats let teams do!

But seriously these stats are stupid the Hawks are not in the same league as the Pats. Enjoy your Super Bowl.

GoPeteGo!

Reaction score
And honestly if I see one more comment about the weather I'm going to snap, they are the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, do you REALLY thing a little wind or rain is going to bother them??? They put up almost 60 in a snow storm Oh no its 60 and drizzling our Seahawks have an advantage!

Pathetic

Happybelly

Reaction score
GoPeteGo!":2y2xepdt said:
You guys are basing fantasy against facts. There is no way Seattle wins this game. There is no way the Hawks compete in this game. They have not played an offense like they will be seeing on Sunday and yes Lynch is a VG back and can run, and when the Hawks are down 21-0 feel free to run it all day. Pats control the tempo of the games they play. The Seahawks offense is pathetic, sure Wilson will get some garbage time 20-20 stats, thats what the Pats let teams do!

But seriously these stats are stupid the Hawks are not in the same league as the Pats. Enjoy your Super Bowl.

You're not going to get very far here commenting like this.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Annnnnnnd, there goes our streak of intelligent, friendly Patriots fans on our board. Good work tossing a hand grenade in the barrel to lower the overall perception of your fellow fans, GoPeteGo.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
GoPeteGo!":2kv5os7q said:

Yeah! Hey! Good talk.

chawx

Reaction score
GoPeteGo!":24tx5w88 said:

I like this guy... Stick around after the game, pal! You know what? Hell, lets skip all this the small talk. How's about you marry my daughter?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2uh2m488 said:
Annnnnnnd, there goes our streak of intelligent, friendly Patriots fans on our board. Good work tossing a hand grenade in the barrel to lower the overall perception of your fellow fans, GoPeteGo.

FIRST Let me apologize for go pete go,he is a rather new fan circa 2001. (If you know what I mean.)

That said nice points on the Patsby a previous posterI would like to add a few reasons whyI think the Pats will win:

1. Pats D has given up points to Flacco that was the only true shoot out. Against AZ they scored 10 points directly from TO (blocked punt and Brady Int) On one of those TO the cards LOST yards but still got a FG.. Against Buffalo the Pats were up Big and they got GARBAGE time points. Against Manning the Pats were up 24 in the 4th and went to the gawd awful Prevent D and allowed 2 TD in the 4th quarter before nailing the door shut with a TO. Oh and I think Wilson has promise but he is NO Flacco or Manning. Not even close right now. Your O will struggle to move the ball, it has all year and the Pats D is better than you think and more DANGEROUS when it comes to takeaways than ANY team you have meet yet. I see at least 2 TO by your O which IMO will be the big difference in the game.

2. Pats O is a veteran O built scarily enough to exploit what people on here have called the D biggest weakness, The underneath stuff with threats on the Outside when hernandez splits out wide with Lloyd so you will have keep your best corners on them. I know you have good safeties but they have not faced a TE like Gronk, why? because there is NO TE like Gronk in the NFL, add in whoever is covering Welker in for a nightmare as he IMO is the best slot WR in the nfl.

3. Our Head Coach WILL make the Hawks do things on O they do NOT want to do.. AKA throw the Football by eliminating your RB significantly. 9Oh you will get an occassional good run, but IF I am correct I see at least ONE strip sac of Wilson deep in your territory that either directly leads to a Defensive TD or an easy TD for the O.

3. Home Field is a HUGE Advantage for the Hawks, but noise has never effected the Pats O in the Past and they have been in ROCKING stadiums in the playoffs.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
GoPeteGo!":1g1mlnwu said:
And honestly if I see one more comment about the weather I'm going to snap, they are the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, do you REALLY thing a little wind or rain is going to bother them??? They put up almost 60 in a snow storm Oh no its 60 and drizzling our Seahawks have an advantage!

Pathetic

STOP! You sound like a 12 yr old little boy! You are a guest on their board show a little respect. Ok to disagree with them (I do) but be respectful about it. sheesh didnt your mama teach you manners and how to act in someone elses house?

PatsFan0X

Reaction score
I agree with PatsFanNH, we are guests and therefore must act accordingly. I too apologize for my fellow Patriot's fan behavior.

*goes to the back to give GoPeteGo pounds and a wink*

:)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Don't worry; we have a few knuckledraggers here too. It happens. Mostly we just throw them occasional peanuts and watch them spank themselves and fling poo.

PatsFanNH, you bring up some good points. I've watched and/or followed the Pats games this season, and you guys are good, no doubt about it. Your offense vs. our defense will be awesome to watch, even for non-fans of either team. The big question, and the key to the game, as you've stated is our offense vs. your defense. That's where the difference is going to be made. Brady will get his share of points. Our defense will take their share of points away. But the key is moving the ball effectively against your defense and scoring. If we control the score, keep it low and close, it allows us to continue with the run game, and thus control the pace and tempo of the game. If we give up too many points too soon, it's going to be a tough hole to crawl out of.

The weather is going to be nasty. Both teams are northern teams; both teams are outdoor teams. The rain could dampen the crowd, but I think that happens only if the Pats are up big before halftime. Otherwise, it's going to be a long, miserable day in the trenches for both teams, and the nastiest, most bruising team is going to take it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I hate to say it in this thread, but is anyone getting a worse feeling about this game as the week progresses? For some reason I've got the heebie-jeebies today.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":289nw12q said:
I hate to say it in this thread, but is anyone getting a worse feeling about this game as the week progresses? For some reason I've got the heebie-jeebies today.

A little Sarlacc. I really hope we are not over thinking things. This defense plays its best man to man, straight up smash mouth. I hope we dont try to get too cute.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":e3ktbha0 said:

Not really. I've thought this would be tough game, but a winnable game if the defense continues to play up to its potential and the offense continues to make some strides. That said, a loss wouldn't surprise me, either. The Pats haven't become one of the league's elite teams by accident (unless the accident you refer to is Bryan Cox nearly killing Bledsoe). I guess you could call my mood "cautiously hopeful, but realistic."

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Sailor,

If I am honest the game could go either way. The only reason I see a big win for NE be your INexperience at QB, which can lead to rookie mistakes (only his 6th game in the NFL) and costly Turnovers. BB wil focus 100% on the run game of Seatle, and make Wilson win the game, figuring he will make a mistake or a misread that will be costly. When Wilson matures the seahawks Offense be harder to contain. Maybe this is the game he makes the plays WHO KNOWS, but I do know he will be the won to have to do it for your O.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
PatsFanNH,

So, we've had 2 home games. Romo and Rodgers came here and scores a combined 19 pts.
I like brady, however, he's a statue so he'll be utilizing hot routes all day.

Yup, Gronk is a monster! A monster that only has 2" and 40 lbs on our CB's. lol! Our CB's!!!
Check out what Seattle has done so far and pick 4 or 5 guys to add to your injury report next week.

We may win, we may lose.
But, many of your players will be hurt leaving this place.

"Put him in a body bag! Yaaaaaaa!" -That jabroni in the background from the Karate Kid.

This one's gonna be a fun one! Enjoy the game.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
hawkster,

Romo is a tool, but I hate Romo always have. But the man just plain out sucks, he is Sanchez with more talent around him.

Also dont be shocked see a few Hawks get hurt as well, Pats have this IMAGE of a finesse team... That was LAST year... our D loves lay some wood out, ask Spikes,Jones,Hightower,Cunningham and Chung... So your guys going feel it too, and it looks like your star RB has a bad back(per the Injury report) he IS going get hit hard and alot... nature of a RB but the Pats D has a rather nasty streak to it.

oH AND 40 POUNDS AND 2 INCHES IS A LOT... Especially when its pure muscle. I dont know your LB's but I am sure they will have a hard time covering gronk and again 2 inches and 40 pounds a lot give up with a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.