New England's underrated Opportunistic Defense

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pats fan, we know your team is good. You don't have to convince us. Seattle fans may cheer for a team in a place near Japan, but it doesn't mean we are ill informed about the team that is on the boob tube 24/7. The Extra Special Patriot Network makes sure we know all about every time Tom Brady has a hangnail.

What we are telling you is that something special is brewing here in Seattle (coffee joke) and win or lose, you are going to think the Ravens team was a finesse squad after this game.

Hopefully, you will be squaking about how the Patriots were jobbed by the Refs a third time. Because one thing I am learning about Patriot fans is that their team never actually loses games, they only get robbed by Refs.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I fully expect to see one of these calls, and one of these reactions from Brady, on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YPZmpp1Wk

There was one video I saw last year of a HORRIBLE roughing the passer call from the Redskins/Patriots game on London Fletcher. Brady whined so hard and got the call. I wish you guys could see it, it was anti-football at it's finest, conveniently it was taken down though..

I hope Russell Wilson, no matter how much tenure he gains in the league, never becomes such a pansy.

m0ng0

Reaction score
The Patriots D is alot better then people think, but I am still not convinced their run D can handle the pounding Lynch and Turbin will give them. Having said that I believe we need to play a near flawless offensive game to win.

We need Lynch and Turbin to get it going early and Russell needs to extend drives by making the right reads and finding the tight ends underneath, I noticed New England can be beaten with tight ends and we need to get them involved. We can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties either.

This could be a very interesting game. The best way to beat Brady is to keep him off the field, I am confident our D will be up to the challenge as long as we don't give them too many chances.

PatsFan0X

Reaction score
Helloooooo Seattle Fans!!!!

Loving forward to a GREAT game this weekend. Contrary to popular belief, many of us Pats do nOT take the Seahawks for granted. I've read too much about them this past couple weeks, heard about them on our sports radio (98.5 BOSTON SPORTSHUB) and seen too much on tv to think they'll be an easy out. That D is BEAST. Although most of them aren't household names (at least here in the East Coast) they are certainly a force to be reckoned with. A perfect blend of speed, strength, agility and power. You're offense is a bit underrated and I'm actually rooting for Russel Wilson to do well in the NFL. I was also part of the silent majority here in New England who wanted Golden Tate out of the draft. :D

With all that being said... I'm a little surprised by how lightly some Seattle fans take the Patriots. As if Tom Brady is "just" another quarterback. It's TOM FRICKEN BRADY. Unless your helmet has a name that starts with a "G" and your stadium in is New Jersey, he pretty much has his way with you. There's a reason why he's worshiped up here in 7 states. The man just WINS. The Patriots just WIN. (Wish the same could be said of the Sox...)

And as much as I like RW... Bill eats rookie QB's for LUNCH. It's a FACT. BB is the master of taking away your A game and forcing you to try and beat us with your B even your C.

So please... don't disrespect us and think this will be an easy game. This will be a VERY hard fought game that will I believe come down to the wire. The Best O vs The Best D. The Unstoppable Force vs The Immovable object.

If for some crazy reason you guys blow us out. I will totally come back eat crow and say you were the better team and deserved to kill us. If we blow you out... it'll just be another day at the office. :)

May the best team win.

(GO PATRIOTS.)

P.S. while I'm on here... I'm kinda curious. Do Seattle fans really think they beat the Packers? Or did you know y'all got lucky? :)

AgentDib

Reaction score
PatsFan0X":2qjrrhcp said:
So please... don't disrespect us and think this will be an easy game. This will be a VERY hard fought game that will I believe come down to the wire. The Best O vs The Best D. The Unstoppable Force vs The Immovable object.
I do not know any fans who think this will be an easy game for Seattle. The contention I have seen in this thread is that our defense will be able to hold it to a relatively low scoring game. Most of us are worried that our offense may not put up enough points to win even if our defense holds you guys to two scores or less. A bit less than half of what our offense has been able to contribute this year has been because our defense or special teams gave them the ball on the opponents side of the field.

PatsFan0X":2qjrrhcp said:
while I'm on here... I'm kinda curious. Do Seattle fans really think they beat the Packers? Or did you know y'all got lucky? :)
We haven't been given a hivemind here in Seattle yet so everybody still has their own opinion. I would say the most common opinion is that the Tate catch was debatable, it was blatant offensive pass interference but that is typically not called, and both would have been moot if not for a phantom PI call on Kam that gave the Packers their only TD of the game. If we want to imagine fixing all of the blown calls in that game then the last drive doesn't even matter because the Packers still have six points.

Modest

Reaction score
NYCoug":lvl5soa2 said:
I fully expect to see one of these calls, and one of these reactions from Brady, on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YPZmpp1Wk

There was one video I saw last year of a HORRIBLE roughing the passer call from the Redskins/Patriots game on London Fletcher. Brady whined so hard and got the call. I wish you guys could see it, it was anti-football at it's finest, conveniently it was taken down though..

I hope Russell Wilson, no matter how much tenure he gains in the league, never becomes such a pansy.

Yep, Brady always cries when he gets hit and always looks for a flag right after contact. Plus you get flagged if you get with in 5 yards of him. Just watch-

Not only does Brady lay on the field for 20 minutes, He immediately starts waving his arms begging the refs for a flag-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlbHhqeyLnQ
After 9 flags were thrown on that play and 75 penalty yards were assesed, Dumervil was immediately banned from the league and had to continue his career in the CFL.

Brady has even hired actors to film montages of him getting hit with a stunt double in order to help his case-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egf6ZmUI4Fg
For some reason, CBS aired that during a game against the Lions, who have to have one of the worst defensive lines in football. Never in a million years would they have any hope of ever touching Brady.

But that wasn't the first time. Albert haynesworth plows into Brady for a sack and the first thing Brady does is start flailing his arms for a flag-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6mJsvy0MA
Haynesworth was actually sentenced to 5 years in prison for this hit.

And another case-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWoI60lkVdg
Ellis barely touches Brady and immediately 3 flags are thrown. Brady actually gets on his hands and knees and pleads with the refs for a flag after this one.

And it stems from him always being able to get away with calls, even back during his first season as a starter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_EngM7H ... re=related
Here in 2001, Brady gets hit in the Bills game and after laying on the field for 40 minutes before he could be airlifted to the nearest hospital, he musters up enough sissy strength to mouth the words 'unecessary roughness' to a teammate.

Not even after crying his way to a Superbowl and a perfect regular season is Lady Brady beyond begging for a flag. Here he gets destroyed by the Giant's Alford-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzCLZPMBeDM
And of course, his first instinct, is to motion to the sidelines for a flag. Or maybe he was motioning for a timeout. But given his track record as a bitch, I'm betting it was for a flag.

But if I had to pick one play that sets Brady's legacy as a sissy in stone, it would have to be this play here that happened just last year-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4VGDYm- ... re=related
The fragile candyass figures "Hey its the Ravens defensive line. They've never been any good and they hit like 70 year old chemo patients. Especially that geriatric Ray Lewis. Hes never been known for a good hit."
Some how the baby scores. And even that Ray Lewis guy manages a hit thats hard enough to tear open Brady's pack of kotexes (super absorbant since hes such a puss) which caused a delay of game since the grounds crew had to spend 4 minutes picking them all up.

I don't understand why defensive coordinators don't always game plan to get to Lady Brady. If enough did, maybe, just maybe, it would happen so much that the NFL would have to stop always giving him calls. Then maybe one day, it would happen enough for you to easily go to youtube and spend 5 minutes hunting for videos to dispell silly notions like Brady being atleast averagely tough instead of the crybaby titwhistle bitch everyone in the league knows he is.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Modest,

I am confused, FIRST you say your a Pats fan and now you go do the hole looking for you tube video of Brady and gind say 15 over an 11 YEAR career.. and say "HE CONSTANTLY CRIES yada yada". hmm your not a Pats fan your a dang Jets fan pretending be a Pats fan. Thats the Jets number one cry.. that and whining they have no QB..

Brady like ANY vet QB will argue and try and get a flag.. He doesnt take dives but look at all the GOOD to great QB's they all try get the flag... The ones who don't are either young (Wilson) or gawd awful (Sanchez). All the rest try and get the flag. To Seatle fans you dont remember Hasselback trying get the flags? I am sure he did, he may not have been as anamated as Brady but he was still trying to get the flag.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":3mivcejw said:
Modest,

I am confused, FIRST you say your a Pats fan and now you go do the hole looking for you tube video of Brady and gind say 15 over an 11 YEAR career.. and say "HE CONSTANTLY CRIES yada yada". hmm your not a Pats fan your a dang Jets fan pretending be a Pats fan. Thats the Jets number one cry.. that and whining they have no QB..

Brady like ANY vet QB will argue and try and get a flag.. He doesnt take dives but look at all the GOOD to great QB's they all try get the flag... The ones who don't are either young (Wilson) or gawd awful (Sanchez). All the rest try and get the flag. To Seatle fans you dont remember Hasselback trying get the flags? I am sure he did, he may not have been as anamated as Brady but he was still trying to get the flag.

You bother to look at any of the videos he posted? But thanks for helping out the other side of the coin with your comments, because they can be applied the other way as well.

OP
OP
K

knowledgeispower

Reaction score
jlwaters1":z8sekqbs said:
I realize the PATS are a good offense, but let's not be crazy. Against Denver the PAT rushed for 225+ yards and Brady passed for 223 yards and they scored 31 points. What makes PATs fan certain they will hang 24-31 points on Seattle. Seattle hasn't allowed more than 20 points this whole season, against some very explosive teams in DAL, GB, CAR.

The fact is Denver is a weak rush defensive team. Seattle is suffocating against the run allowing a mere 66.6 yards a game. We know Brady likes to dink and dunk. He's ALWAYS liked to dink and dunk. The PATS are just amazing at converting 3rd down. Seattle up until last week was weak on 3rd down. If Seattle reverts back to how it played against DALLAS and GB than the PATS will have some long drives. If they play like they did last week allowing on 18% conversions on 3rd down than the uptempo stuff will be irrelevant. It only means something if you can sustain a drive. That will be the challenge for Seattle, no doubt about it.

I just watched the Denver/ PATS game on Game Rewind and was amazed that at least 2 times Brady got spooked by pressure that wasn't there. Has he been doing that in any other game? One of the biggest plays in that game was a 3rd and 17 and the PATS ran the ball and Woodhead got the first down and ultimately ended in a TD. Unbeleiveable. DW knows how to squirt through and make first downs, He reminds me alot of Kevin Faulk a guy I HATED because he always managed to catch a pass or run for just 1 yard more than needed for a first down. 3rd down defense will be paramount. Also I beleive that Mebane and Jones will be huge factors in this game, if they can push the pocket and collapse it I think it will make Brady nervous and will get him out of his confort zone.

I'm very excited for this game and expect to see some CLINK magic. I could see Seattle winning 23-20, Or I could see the PATS winning 24-17. Turnovers will be critical. Hopefully Seattle can get some scores assisted by the defense or special teams that will really help.

You have to realize that this offense you are facing is not the Cowboys, and Packers. And right now Rogders isn't on his game, and Romo is no where close to the quality and caliber of the elite and extraordinary Tom Brady. Too many weapons both through the air and ground, that can hurt you in a multitude of many different variations, formations and substitutions. And runs the absolute best no huddle in the National Football League too.

Modest

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1ua9hshe said:
Modest,

This is a post I originally made on the Ravens forum after they were making the same statements. In fact that one video NYCoug linked is the source of the hivemind mentality that Brady gets favorable calls and is a ladyboy panties wearing candyass. Meanwhile the fact that Brady constantly gets the shit knocked out of him (because sacking Brady is to a defensive player what a night with Giselle Blumchen is to a mortal man) is simply omitted. And lets not to mention the seasons where after the fact it comes to light he was playing with bruised ribs, a sports hernia, or a ****** up shoulder. Or that he (and Manning) are actually near the bottom of all received roughing the passer calls the past 2 years.

I'm not hear to start a pissing match at all or claim that we're the best team ever or even cheerlead for my team because that has no place on a rival forum. But I do get a bit annoyed when someone makes a false case against one of our players and their source is one video. One that involves Terrell Thuggs who has had quite a heated public back and forth with Brady, a player who I wouldn't put a cheapshot past, and on a play similar to the one that could have potentially cost Brady his career.

Seattle, I have no doubt you will get to Brady at least once and most likely multiple times. As long as Brady isn't carted off and is fully capable of playing the Jets the week after, more power to you. Savor the hits. Just be a bit more informed than NyCoug.

SirTed

Reaction score
Modest":3pvzcogu said:
PatsFanNH":3pvzcogu said:
Modest,

This is a post I originally made on the Ravens forum after they were making the same statements. In fact that one video NYCoug linked is the source of the hivemind mentality that Brady gets favorable calls and is a ladyboy panties wearing candyass. Meanwhile the fact that Brady constantly gets the shit knocked out of him (because sacking Brady is to a defensive player what a night with Giselle Blumchen is to a mortal man) is simply omitted. And lets not to mention the seasons where after the fact it comes to light he was playing with bruised ribs, a sports hernia, or a ****** up shoulder. Or that he (and Manning) are actually near the bottom of all received roughing the passer calls the past 2 years.

I'm not hear to start a pissing match at all or claim that we're the best team ever or even cheerlead for my team because that has no place on a rival forum. But I do get a bit annoyed when someone makes a false case against one of our players and their source is one video. One that involves Terrell Thuggs who has had quite a heated public back and forth with Brady, a player who I wouldn't put a cheapshot past, and on a play similar to the one that could have potentially cost Brady his career.

Seattle, I have no doubt you will get to Brady at least once and most likely multiple times. As long as Brady isn't carted off and is fully capable of playing the Jets the week after, more power to you. Savor the hits. Just be a bit more informed than NyCoug.

I appreciate your very well thought out and well stated argument, truly. But I gotta back NyCoug here. Brady begs for calls more than any QB I can think of. Now, I don't watch every Pats game, to be sure but they're on TV quite a bit, so we see em'.

IMO, there was a time when Brady was a true football player. Tough as nails, headbutting teammates, etc. These days? He's a haircut in pads.

This isn't to say that he's a bad quarterback or anything like that - obviously he's very good but the dude's a cry baby.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
SirTed,

He still head butts and smacks shoulder pads, and even call fans "Little Bitches" lol.... but he does it NO more than any other QB... you and others notice it because the cameras always focused on him... (Manning does it alot too and gets the same criticism but he also always has the cameras pan to him..) These two are the NFL poster biys right now... with Rogers coming on strong to relieve them shortly.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ugh...you guys' weird, gushing, superlative fan worship is making me hope that Brady loses.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1fa03cy9 said:
I no longer actively participate on this forum, but for this one I have to come out of the woodwork.

Why not? I think your opinions belong here.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ixgsrma said:
Pats fan, we know your team is good. You don't have to convince us. Seattle fans may cheer for a team in a place near Japan, but it doesn't mean we are ill informed about the team that is on the boob tube 24/7. The Extra Special Patriot Network makes sure we know all about every time Tom Brady has a hangnail.

What we are telling you is that something special is brewing here in Seattle (coffee joke) and win or lose, you are going to think the Ravens team was a finesse squad after this game.

Hopefully, you will be squaking about how the Patriots were jobbed by the Refs a third time. Because one thing I am learning about Patriot fans is that their team never actually loses games, they only get robbed by Refs.

Don't listen to this Patriot fans. Some people write delusional statements rich with short man complex. Jealousy sucks and many of us don't support this drivel. A year from now this kind of comment will change to wanting to fire Pete Carroll. Some of us are just smart enough to see the cracks in the foundation quicker then others. Only a d bag would think Seattle is near Japan.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SEC FAN":32xlcyxg said:
Scottemojo":32xlcyxg said:

Don't listen to this Patriot fans. Some people write delusional statements rich with short man complex. Jealousy sucks and many of us don't support this drivel. A year from now this kind of comment will change to wanting to fire Pete Carroll. Some of us are just smart enough to see the cracks in the foundation quicker then others. Only a d bag would think Seattle is near Japan.
haha. I'm jealous, that is true. I want rings too.

BTW, your last sentence is wildly inaccurate. Only a dumbass would think Seattle is actually near Japan, and only a semi literate dullard would take such a hyperbolic statement seriously.

Throwdown

Reaction score
PatsFan0X":6oea52nd said:
Helloooooo Seattle Fans!!!!
P.S. while I'm on here... I'm kinda curious. Do Seattle fans really think they beat the Packers? Or did you know y'all got lucky? :)

Well the stats say we won, so I'm guessing we won...

You guys really think you won in that 'tuck rule" game? c'mon bruh.

Latest posts