The two sides of the big russian, otherwise known as Breno

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/9/348 ... e-panthers

Breno gets out of his stance quickly and into the play. He's got some crazy strength for an OT, allowing him to bully the smaller DEs whenever they lock up. His cut block isn't pretty, but it is effective. He's also fairly young. 27 years old with 8 career starts coming into this season.

The good.

Unfortunately Breno's fundamentals are wildy inconsistent. Every now and then he'll take a bad first step and just completely screw himself on the play. The good news is that when he plays with proper technique, he's very good. I only saw Breno get beat by a defender once or maybe twice the entire game. The rest of the time he shot himself in the foot with unforced errors and bad technique.

The flat out BAD.

Did I love this breakdown. Recommend you read it, great read. Feeling lukewarm on Giacomini. And very pissed when I see the breakdown of the 56 yard pass play to Tate. You better not screw us over like that when we're playing the Pats Breno :evil:

New .Net whipping boy? Or savior of our franchise? YOU DECIDE.

:mrgreen:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I'm like pretty sure he's of Italian Descent. You keep calling him Russian... did i miss something? Confirmation anyone? Giacomini is an Italian name atleast.

I hope he gets his stupid penalties under control because I think he's a pretty good player who will get better.
    Last edited by bellingerga on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• "Angry Russian" is something Marshawn Lynch tagged him with.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Big Russian is Lynchs nickname for Breno
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Well now I know why I keep hearing him called Russian. Thanks guys. Marshawn is a funny dude..
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• His nasty mean streak is great to have, but the penalties are killers... especially on Tates long catch last week. There has to be a middle ground for him, he'll find it eventually.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• His eyebrows once killed a Russian mafia don nicknamed "The Angry Russian" and they now host his angry vengeful soul...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I am pretty sure the Big Russian is from Brazil.

:34853_doh:

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

• 100% italian name. I'm amazed they pronounce it right. Spagnolo is pronounced spawn-yo-low which I think is easier than Spag-no-low
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• The second quote in the OP needs to be edited for language. this is not the shack. thanks.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I like to call him Yung Jock.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• falcongoggles wrote:100% italian name. I'm amazed they pronounce it right. Spagnolo is pronounced spawn-yo-low which I think is easier than Spag-no-low

I miss referring to Spagnolo as "Coach Spaghetti-o".
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• There's also the anagrammatic side:

Booming ice rain
    O, ironic beaming
    One iambic groin
    I imagine bronco

I can see myself shouting any of these at top volume when he costs us a big play against the Pats. Here's to hoping that does not happen. :thirishdrinkers:
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information