Win vs NE or @ SF

• Win vs. New England

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Win @ San Fransisco

Votes: 73 81.1%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we knew that hawks were only going to win one of our next two would you rather them beat Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in the Clink or travel to SF on thursday night an beat Harbaughs niners? I understand that a win vs SF will better our playoff odds but something in me just wants so badly for the Hawks to beat down the Patriots and prove that our defense is truely elite. If they can stop Dallas, GB, and NE is there any offense that we can't stop? Of course I'd love to win both and think we got a good shot at doing that, I'm going with a win at home vs the Pat's.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
No offense, but how is this even a question?

Division win >>>>>>> Non-conference win

It affects tiebreakers and the division race. And beating the Niners (who have the best offense in the division) in SF would be a much bigger statement than beating the Pats at the Clink.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2qpqib4v said:

It affects tiebreakers and the division race. And beating the Niners (who have the best offense in the division) in SF would be a much bigger statement than beating the Pats at the Clink.

This.

Though, both is a good answer, too. Both wins would go a long way towards digging us out of the NFC West first floor.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1f1b1u3d said:
volsunghawk":1f1b1u3d said:

This.

Though, both is a good answer, too. Both wins would go a long way towards digging us out of the NFC West first floor.

We gotta have em both. You, and two other posts before you hit the nail on the head.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":23in1p1d said:
Sarlacc83":23in1p1d said:
volsunghawk":23in1p1d said:

This.

We gotta have em both. You, and two other posts before you hit the nail on the head.

I want both, too.

But if we were destined to finish 10-6, I would want all 4 of the remaining losses to be to the AFC East, even if losing to the Jets in Seattle would be embarrassing as hell. Because it would mean a 10-2 conference record and a 4-2 division record, and in an NFC with so many good teams, you need all the tiebreakers you can get.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Of course we want both but this was hypothetical. If we only get one which one. Mabye I'm too focused on this week because I picked win vs NE. I know the win vs niners is a big deal for playoffs. But going hypothetical again, if we only lose 1 more game this season would you rather lose to NE or SF? Which victory would be a bigger upset?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wenhawk":16oysbos said:
Of course we want both but this was hypothetical. If we only get one which one. Mabye I'm too focused on this week because I picked win vs NE. I know the win vs niners is a big deal for playoffs. But going hypothetical again, if we only lose 1 more game this season would you rather lose to NE or SF? Which victory would be a bigger upset?

It's pretty clear most of us are picking SF because we don't care about which 'upset' looks better in the rear view mirror. We want to win our division, and furthermore, have you seen the Ninner trolls on this board lately? You really think the Patriots are going to talk about their game against us ALL through the offseason?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
sadly, the Niners are the bigger upset.

They have the vote for leagues best defense. Away game, with all the chippiness we saw in both games last year, plus we got Giacomini ready to jump on anyone. They also know we are right on their tail. Now throw in the fact that its for divisional points, as well as bragging rights? That game is gonna be a bloodbath.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":rtfd6ml0 said:
Wenhawk":rtfd6ml0 said:

It's pretty clear most of us are picking SF because we don't care about which 'upset' looks better in the rear view mirror. We want to win our division, and furthermore, have you seen the Ninner trolls on this board lately? You really think the Patriots are going to talk about their game against us ALL through the offseason?

It's pretty clear most are thinking locically vs my short sighted desires to see Brady cry as the Hawks defense shuts him down and to win agianst the media darling Patriots. Can you imagin the hype machine if we go 2-0.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1qouf5dx said:
Sarlacc83":1qouf5dx said:
Wenhawk":1qouf5dx said:

It's pretty clear most are thinking locically vs my short sighted desires to see Brady cry as the Hawks defense shuts him down and to win agianst the media darling Patriots. Can you imagin the hype machine if we go 2-0.

we still won't make sportscenter.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":19ojixs4 said:

Oh yeah, well "hypothetically", I think we win both. And I don't deal in hypotheticals, I deal in reality. Coincidentally, I've actually been to the future and this realistically happens.

So yeah... BOTH

grizbob

Reaction score
CANHawk":39jbovve said:
Wenhawk":39jbovve said:

Oh yeah, well "hypothetically", I think we win both. And I don't deal in hypotheticals, I deal in reality. Coincidentally, I've actually been to the future and this realistically happens.

So yeah... BOTH

Well, what are the scores so I can make some wagers :mrgreen:

Seeker

Reaction score
MMMMMMMMMMMM.....
BOTH!
Radio

you beat the pats and that is official momentum. then you punch the niners in the mouth and take back your crown. call me crazy but i don't buy the whole "most complete team in football" crap from the niners. i think they are in for a regression year tbh (no hate). They haven't even beaten any real competition besides green bay (who we also beat) and that team is on question mark status on a whole other level (they softer than the cowboys).

seahawks08

Reaction score
I want a win at home. No team should beat us at clink. The fear of 12th man and the loudness factor should always remain.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Give me a win vs NE. We can beat SF when they come up here in December.