Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • PatsFanNH wrote:Now I believe the Seahawks have a very good D, but they have not faced a decent O yet this year (based on this years stats):

AZ -- 31ST Ranked 0
    Rams -- 29th ranked O
    Carolina -- 22ND Ranked O
    Packers -- 21st Ranked O
    Cowboys -- 16th Ranked O

Are you struggling with the cause/effect relationship of playing a team with an excellent defense? Cause: Unable to move/score against defense. Effect: Lower offensive ranking.

The commonality between all 5 of those teams is they played 1/5 of their games against the Seahawks' defense.

A simplistic model of cause/effect is that after week 1, every team that was 1-0 got there by winning against a losing team.

Statistics without context are completely meaningless.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• Well said Kiwi.

Pats fans should be sharting themselves. Their beloved offense is going to get the shit knocked out of 'em.

/drinks another Makers Mark

GO HAWKS!
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• I think the Pats fans in this thread have been pretty sane, but IMHO - we will win this game.

Some intangibles and observations on the Patriots:
    - No doubt Tom Brady is a great player. Having an icon who is still in their prime is a huge asset.
    - The head coach has proven he is a very good schemer. He has the rings to prove it.
    - Having a WR that creates matchup problems (Welker)is usually an advantage; albeit he's shrimpy - he's quick and deceptively good
    - Having a man-beast for a TE (Gronk) who is in the fabric of the offense is a major advantage - again - major matchup props to NE for exploiting him against other teams
    - There is definitely, without question, a young defense anchored by a few really good players - based on the amount of points they give up - they have a lot of maturing to do.
    - Aside from Brandon Lloyd and Welker, can you name another WR on that team? Not really... Lloyd has been targeted 45 times, but apparently does not convert well - catching 28 of those 45 passes. The bulk came in two games and has not been impactive... still searching for that other WR? Edelman and Branch only contribute to 111 yards of catches in 5 games.
    - Ridley is a good story - that's because he's racking up yards against "quality defenses" like the Titans, Bills, and Broncos. He did little against Baltimore or Arizona.

On our side -
    - While it's not a real true "talent on the field advantage" - us at home is a big deal. I don't care what anyone says. This stadium rocks.
    - Our defense dictates where the ball can go - by that I mean the WR's might as well take the day off if they are going to line-up across from Sherman and Browner.
    - Our running game is VERY GOOD. We don't pretend to be a running team like the Patriots. We ARE a running team.
    - We have a rookie QB - but IMHO, he's every bit as good as any QB we've had since 2007. The last semi-decent year for Hasselbeck. At least RW has proven he can throw a ball in the air more than 30 yards - and if not a holding call last week, would have shown against a similar caliber defense what he can do with a deep ball.

Why I think we will win this game:
    - With Seattle CB's funneling everything inside the numbers, we are basically playing with a 2 man advantage. Where most safeties are concerned about rotations and coverage handoffs, we don't do that typically.
    - I don't think you stop Welker and Gronk. I think you force situations that remove them from the big play opportunity. For Welker, when he lines up, take something from him, whether it be the inside route or the out pattern. When he's on the LOS, bust him hard. When he's off, bracket so Brady has to look elsewhere. For Gronk, be good enough on the DL that he's spending more snaps at the LOS. When he's out in coverage, know where he is and force a perfect throw. Sounds easy to say, harder to do - but we have some of the best DB personnel in the game to get it done. Whatever we do - no LB's in coverage on Gronk. I say bring the safety down.
    - Our DL stops the run on 1st and 2nd down.
    - Our DL and safety help makes it very hard to convert on 3rd down. Safeties coming down to help LB's and the maddening rush from the DE positions really rattle other teams
    - Our running game should be good for 5 YPC on Sunday. We are not the Cardinals. We are not the Ravens (who interestingly thinks they are a passing team this year). We run the ball. And we keep running it.
    - I sincerely doubt that this game goes anywhere due to turnovers on RW. If something happens - it will be a fluke.
    - Weather will be a factor. I think may benefit us in the running game.
    - The TOP stat will be won by the Hawks.
    - Can't argue we have a great kicking game to go along with the D and weather for Sunday.
    - NE will no doubt try to exploit their advantages mentioned prior - I think they will, but just not enough to matter.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

• You guys are basing fantasy against facts. There is no way Seattle wins this game. There is no way the Hawks compete in this game. They have not played an offense like they will be seeing on Sunday and yes Lynch is a VG back and can run, and when the Hawks are down 21-0 feel free to run it all day. Pats control the tempo of the games they play. The Seahawks offense is pathetic, sure Wilson will get some garbage time 20-20 stats, thats what the Pats let teams do!

But seriously these stats are stupid the Hawks are not in the same league as the Pats. Enjoy your Super Bowl.
    GoPeteGo!
    NET Bench Warmer

• And honestly if I see one more comment about the weather I'm going to snap, they are the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, do you REALLY thing a little wind or rain is going to bother them??? They put up almost 60 in a snow storm Oh no its 60 and drizzling our Seahawks have an advantage!

Pathetic
    GoPeteGo!
    NET Bench Warmer

• GoPeteGo! wrote:You guys are basing fantasy against facts. There is no way Seattle wins this game. There is no way the Hawks compete in this game. They have not played an offense like they will be seeing on Sunday and yes Lynch is a VG back and can run, and when the Hawks are down 21-0 feel free to run it all day. Pats control the tempo of the games they play. The Seahawks offense is pathetic, sure Wilson will get some garbage time 20-20 stats, thats what the Pats let teams do!

But seriously these stats are stupid the Hawks are not in the same league as the Pats. Enjoy your Super Bowl.

You're not going to get very far here commenting like this.
    Happybelly
    NET Practice Squad

• Annnnnnnd, there goes our streak of intelligent, friendly Patriots fans on our board. Good work tossing a hand grenade in the barrel to lower the overall perception of your fellow fans, GoPeteGo.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• GoPeteGo! wrote:You guys are basing fantasy against facts. There is no way Seattle wins this game. There is no way the Hawks compete in this game. They have not played an offense like they will be seeing on Sunday and yes Lynch is a VG back and can run, and when the Hawks are down 21-0 feel free to run it all day. Pats control the tempo of the games they play. The Seahawks offense is pathetic, sure Wilson will get some garbage time 20-20 stats, thats what the Pats let teams do!

Yeah! Hey! Good talk.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

I like this guy... Stick around after the game, pal! You know what? Hell, lets skip all this the small talk. How's about you marry my daughter?
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:Annnnnnnd, there goes our streak of intelligent, friendly Patriots fans on our board. Good work tossing a hand grenade in the barrel to lower the overall perception of your fellow fans, GoPeteGo.

FIRST Let me apologize for go pete go,he is a rather new fan circa 2001. (If you know what I mean.)

That said nice points on the Patsby a previous posterI would like to add a few reasons whyI think the Pats will win:

1. Pats D has given up points to Flacco that was the only true shoot out. Against AZ they scored 10 points directly from TO (blocked punt and Brady Int) On one of those TO the cards LOST yards but still got a FG.. Against Buffalo the Pats were up Big and they got GARBAGE time points. Against Manning the Pats were up 24 in the 4th and went to the gawd awful Prevent D and allowed 2 TD in the 4th quarter before nailing the door shut with a TO. Oh and I think Wilson has promise but he is NO Flacco or Manning. Not even close right now. Your O will struggle to move the ball, it has all year and the Pats D is better than you think and more DANGEROUS when it comes to takeaways than ANY team you have meet yet. I see at least 2 TO by your O which IMO will be the big difference in the game.

2. Pats O is a veteran O built scarily enough to exploit what people on here have called the D biggest weakness, The underneath stuff with threats on the Outside when hernandez splits out wide with Lloyd so you will have keep your best corners on them. I know you have good safeties but they have not faced a TE like Gronk, why? because there is NO TE like Gronk in the NFL, add in whoever is covering Welker in for a nightmare as he IMO is the best slot WR in the nfl.

3. Our Head Coach WILL make the Hawks do things on O they do NOT want to do.. AKA throw the Football by eliminating your RB significantly. 9Oh you will get an occassional good run, but IF I am correct I see at least ONE strip sac of Wilson deep in your territory that either directly leads to a Defensive TD or an easy TD for the O.

3. Home Field is a HUGE Advantage for the Hawks, but noise has never effected the Pats O in the Past and they have been in ROCKING stadiums in the playoffs.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• GoPeteGo! wrote:And honestly if I see one more comment about the weather I'm going to snap, they are the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, do you REALLY thing a little wind or rain is going to bother them??? They put up almost 60 in a snow storm Oh no its 60 and drizzling our Seahawks have an advantage!

Pathetic

STOP! You sound like a 12 yr old little boy! You are a guest on their board show a little respect. Ok to disagree with them (I do) but be respectful about it. sheesh didnt your mama teach you manners and how to act in someone elses house?
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• I agree with PatsFanNH, we are guests and therefore must act accordingly. I too apologize for my fellow Patriot's fan behavior.

*goes to the back to give GoPeteGo pounds and a wink*

:)
    PatsFan0X
    NET Bench Warmer

• Don't worry; we have a few knuckledraggers here too. It happens. Mostly we just throw them occasional peanuts and watch them spank themselves and fling poo.

PatsFanNH, you bring up some good points. I've watched and/or followed the Pats games this season, and you guys are good, no doubt about it. Your offense vs. our defense will be awesome to watch, even for non-fans of either team. The big question, and the key to the game, as you've stated is our offense vs. your defense. That's where the difference is going to be made. Brady will get his share of points. Our defense will take their share of points away. But the key is moving the ball effectively against your defense and scoring. If we control the score, keep it low and close, it allows us to continue with the run game, and thus control the pace and tempo of the game. If we give up too many points too soon, it's going to be a tough hole to crawl out of.

The weather is going to be nasty. Both teams are northern teams; both teams are outdoor teams. The rain could dampen the crowd, but I think that happens only if the Pats are up big before halftime. Otherwise, it's going to be a long, miserable day in the trenches for both teams, and the nastiest, most bruising team is going to take it.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I hate to say it in this thread, but is anyone getting a worse feeling about this game as the week progresses? For some reason I've got the heebie-jeebies today.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:I hate to say it in this thread, but is anyone getting a worse feeling about this game as the week progresses? For some reason I've got the heebie-jeebies today.

A little Sarlacc. I really hope we are not over thinking things. This defense plays its best man to man, straight up smash mouth. I hope we dont try to get too cute.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:I hate to say it in this thread, but is anyone getting a worse feeling about this game as the week progresses? For some reason I've got the heebie-jeebies today.

Not really. I've thought this would be tough game, but a winnable game if the defense continues to play up to its potential and the offense continues to make some strides. That said, a loss wouldn't surprise me, either. The Pats haven't become one of the league's elite teams by accident (unless the accident you refer to is Bryan Cox nearly killing Bledsoe). I guess you could call my mood "cautiously hopeful, but realistic."

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Evidently there's some thought we're going to at least hold our own in the game.

Brian Nemhauser ‏@hawkblogger
    TeamRankings also has the Seahawks covering the spread (4.5 pts), so they expect a close game: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl-ats-picks/
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Sailor,

If I am honest the game could go either way. The only reason I see a big win for NE be your INexperience at QB, which can lead to rookie mistakes (only his 6th game in the NFL) and costly Turnovers. BB wil focus 100% on the run game of Seatle, and make Wilson win the game, figuring he will make a mistake or a misread that will be costly. When Wilson matures the seahawks Offense be harder to contain. Maybe this is the game he makes the plays WHO KNOWS, but I do know he will be the won to have to do it for your O.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• PatsFanNH,

So, we've had 2 home games. Romo and Rodgers came here and scores a combined 19 pts.
    I like brady, however, he's a statue so he'll be utilizing hot routes all day.

Yup, Gronk is a monster! A monster that only has 2" and 40 lbs on our CB's. lol! Our CB's!!!
    Check out what Seattle has done so far and pick 4 or 5 guys to add to your injury report next week.

We may win, we may lose.
    But, many of your players will be hurt leaving this place.

"Put him in a body bag! Yaaaaaaa!" -That jabroni in the background from the Karate Kid.

This one's gonna be a fun one! Enjoy the game.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• hawkster,

Romo is a tool, but I hate Romo always have. But the man just plain out sucks, he is Sanchez with more talent around him.

Also dont be shocked see a few Hawks get hurt as well, Pats have this IMAGE of a finesse team... That was LAST year... our D loves lay some wood out, ask Spikes,Jones,Hightower,Cunningham and Chung... So your guys going feel it too, and it looks like your star RB has a bad back(per the Injury report) he IS going get hit hard and alot... nature of a RB but the Pats D has a rather nasty streak to it.

oH AND 40 POUNDS AND 2 INCHES IS A LOT... Especially when its pure muscle. I dont know your LB's but I am sure they will have a hard time covering gronk and again 2 inches and 40 pounds a lot give up with a CB.
    Last edited by PatsFanNH on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• Wilson's inexperience scares me a lot. He is rather smart with the ball. Few of his turnovers have been actual bad plays or mental errors on his part. He's obviously a rookie, but a good one with a lot of acumen for the game.

Gronk frankly scares the hell out of me a lot more than Wilson's inexperience. He's a manbeast at a position where he can sit there and pick apart our short play defense all game long. Brady to Gronk has the ability to keep that offense on the field for far longer than it should be, and will wear out our defense eventually if A) our offense doesn't outperform expectations, and/or B) our defense doesn't step up and make killer plays and third down stops.

It's gonna be a fun one, alright! I'm stoked!
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Sailor,

Wish we could like post here, I agree with you Gronk seems be under appreciated here, almost like you think he is simular to Dallas and 49ers TE. he is not he is meaner and stronger and IMO the best ALL AROUND TE in the game.

As for Wilson, he has not faced a D managed by a Defensive mastermind like BB, I see them showing the young QB one thing (say a blitz0 they drop out of it and he throws a pick on a quick slant etc. thinking he needs to unload faster. (BB did it for years on one of the greats in P Manning.. so why I expect him get confused.)
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• I don't think Russell has thrown a hot route all year.

Yes, Gronk is under appreciated here, but how many players have I/we seen in their prime roll through Seattle and disappear?
    It just happens.

This is Seattle, folks don't appreciate what happens here until their team shows up.
    National media never appreciates it. Its just the way it is. It's fun to fly under the radar.

128 minutes since anyone has scored a TD against the defense, 100 minutes to the TD prior to that.

I think N.E. will score a TD this Sunday. Will they score multiple?
    That's the question.

I love having Season Tickets for weeks like this! #1 Offense vs #1 Defense.

"Lets Get It On!" -Mills Lane
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• Hawkster,

Should ebe a great game, i just hope no bad injuries on either side. Hate see a teams season ruined by losing a key player. (Like Lynch for you guys and Brady for us.. the Pats live and die with him he goes down we are screewed lol)

all i ask Hawkster is give the Jets 10X the beating when you face them. (their run D sucks lol)
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• Best To be Careful of what you hope for, in case you haven't been watching the Seahawks and RW, guess what, he can actually throw, and oh yea, he's got a cannon for an arm... those rookie mistakes you keep referring to, i'm assuming you're talking about the 6 pic's.. you can credit at the most two of them to russel, tipped pass by lynch, tipped pass by baldwin, his arm was hit while throwing ball popped up for easy pic, mccoy fell down on the play, the one in carolina was a legit mistake.. so keep thinking he throws the ball away, and can't make plays in the pocket.. heck we want you to think that, please do focus on stopping the run... cuz the fact is PC is finally loosening up the playbook, and our recievers are finally getting seperation and making catches.. and from what i've heard from your own fans is your secondary is the weakest part of the defense... sounds good to me...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Hawker,

He is a ROOKIE, and ROOKIES make mistakes... and your O is based on the run, so DUH of course they will force a ROOKIE QB on his 6th game to beat them.. That is called comman sense, you dont let their main weapon beat you, you make their UNPROVEN weapon beat you...
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• PatsFanNH wrote:As for Wilson, he has not faced a D managed by a Defensive mastermind like BB, I see them showing the young QB one thing (say a blitz0 they drop out of it and he throws a pick on a quick slant etc. thinking he needs to unload faster. (BB did it for years on one of the greats in P Manning.. so why I expect him get confused.)

Heh, that would require our OC to include the quick slant into the playbook. :stirthepot:

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• PatsFanNH wrote:Hawker,

He is a ROOKIE, and ROOKIES make mistakes... and your O is based on the run, so DUH of course they will force a ROOKIE QB on his 6th game to beat them.. That is called comman sense, you dont let their main weapon beat you, you make their UNPROVEN weapon beat you...

Of course. Most of us know that and have been around the whole "rookie-sucks-pull-him-not-to-waste-a-top-tier-defense" argument so many times it ain't funny. He is a rookie, and he's hitting that point in his first season where a lot of rookies have a slump because there is finally some good tape on them to dissect and scheme.

The point is that many of the things people take from seeing his stat line aren't the mistakes they assume them to be. With the interception line, for example, reality is he's pretty smart when it comes to ball protection, while the stats don't point to the flukes that caused most of them. He makes mistakes, sure. Just not necessarily ones you'd assume from looking at the stats.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Sailor,

I mean ANY mistakes, for example overthrowing a wide open receiver, or holding the ball a second to long and getting sacked etc, not necessarily TO but things that kill drives.

I am also not saying Wilson sucks! I am saying any smart Coach makes the rookie beat them and not the star RB. What HC wouldnt game plan that way?
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• PatsFanNH

Anybody who has the slightest knowledge of the game knows, you try to take away the opposing teams weapons., ya we get that.. our point is what you guys think is our weaknes i.e. (RW) is not a weakness, he's a rookie and makes mistakes, but if you think he cannot move the football down the field with his arm, especially against a weaker defensive back unit, then you have apparently not been watch this team.. and that was my point... so like i said, stack up against the run, and see what happens to your db's...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• PatsFanNH wrote:Sailor,

I mean ANY mistakes, for example overthrowing a wide open receiver, or holding the ball a second to long and getting sacked etc, not necessarily TO but things that kill drives.

I am also not saying Wilson sucks! I am saying any smart Coach makes the rookie beat them and not the star RB. What HC wouldnt game plan that way?

Something to remember is that it's one thing to gameplan to stop Lynch.

It's another thing altogether to actually do it. :mrgreen:

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• oh and by the way PatsFanNH, every team we have faced has stacked the defensive to stop our run and make wilson beat them, guess how that turned our for them... so good luck with that too....
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:PatsFanNH

Anybody who has the slightest knowledge of the game knows, you try to take away the opposing teams weapons., ya we get that.. our point is what you guys think is our weaknes i.e. (RW) is not a weakness, he's a rookie and makes mistakes, but if you think he cannot move the football down the field with his arm, especially against a weaker defensive back unit, then you have apparently not been watch this team.. and that was my point... so like i said, stack up against the run, and see what happens to your db's...

I never said he COULDN'T just that a DEFENSE tries to stop what an O does best. the Hawks run the ball BEST, thus they will key on that and make Wilson beat them.

Also our DB's get a lot of flack, this week Wilson will be starting and this DB kept Manning to only 7 points for 3 qrtrs while the O built a 24 point lead. While also keeping McGahee in check..Are you saying our DB should fear Wilson more than Peyton Manning in throwing the ball? (and McGahee is a good RB maybe not as good as yours but still very good.) Manning got yards but the Pats Much melighned secondary made big plays as did our front 7. So dont think it will be a cake walk for wilson to throw either.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

• PatsFanNH wrote:I never said he COULDN'T just that a DEFENSE tries to stop what an O does best. the Hawks run the ball BEST, thus they will key on that and make Wilson beat them.

Every team the Hawks have faced since the second half of last season has keyed in on Lynch. That happens when your quarterbacks are Tarvaris Jackson and Russell Wilson. The thing is none of them have succeeded. If the Niner's beastly run D couldn't stop Lynch, I'm sure not worried about the Pat's run D stopping Lynch.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• I keep reading about how big a home field advantage the seahawks have at the clink and how every team just seems to cower under the crowd noise etc.
    Here is the list of current home game winning streaks:

Ravens (13), Cardinals and 49ers (8) and Falcons (6)

Clearly, all that noise and the twelfth man haven't resulted in that many victories for the hawks....
    IndianFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• IndianFan wrote:I keep reading about how big a home field advantage the seahawks have at the clink and how every team just seems to cower under the crowd noise etc.

Clearly, all that noise and the twelfth man haven't resulted in that many victories for the hawks....

Do you like asparagus?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• After much careful searching, I have discovered film which clearly presents a plan wherein the Pats can defeat the big blue bird of the Northwest. It seems to involve a laundromat, a telephone, a scared little boy, hot German girls, and a drunken defensive coordinator:

Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• IndianFan wrote:I keep reading about how big a home field advantage the seahawks have at the clink and how every team just seems to cower under the crowd noise etc.

Dooooooon't Caaaaaaare.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Trrrroy et al,

Well it had work pretty well, you have like the 27TH ranked O in the NFL! and have a -1 TO differential while NE leads the league (w Atlanta) w a +10 TO differential. And you do know your rushing attack is 7th and the Pats is 3rd I mean I know you faced those powerhouse D in THE rAMS,cAROLINA AND gREEN bAY SO HAD BE TOUGH TO RUN ON THOSE 3 TEAMS (Sarcasm off) So please stop acting like Lynch has run over monster D's outside of AZ he has not faced a monster D, while the Pats Have faced 2 in AZ and Baltimore.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Way to bring up useless numbers. First of all, that is a sample size that doesn't even go back a full season, plus there are a million variables which you aren't accounting for, the biggest being the talent of the home team. For example, the Patriots have one of the best (if not the best) home records in the league since Belicheck. That has very little to do with their home field (which is one of the least intimidating in the NFL), it's because they've fielded ridiculously talented teams in that time-span.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:
    IndianFan wrote:I keep reading about how big a home field advantage the seahawks have at the clink and how every team just seems to cower under the crowd noise etc.

Way to bring up useless numbers. First of all, that is a sample size that doesn't even go back a full season, plus there are a million variables which you aren't accounting for, the biggest being the talent of the home team. For example, the Patriots have one of the best (if not the best) home records in the league since Belicheck. That has very little to do with their home field (which is one of the least intimidating in the NFL), it's because they've fielded ridiculously talented teams in that time-span.

Perhaps you can educate me and tell me what the Hawks home field record is over the last 3 years? Just reading this thread makes it sound like the hawks are invincible at home. Considering all hawks fans feel that you have the talent now and an overwhelming home field advantage, the current home winning streak seemed like a good number to go by.
    IndianFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• PatsFanNH wrote:Trrrroy et al,

Well it had work pretty well, you have like the 27TH ranked O in the NFL! and have a -1 TO differential while NE leads the league (w Atlanta) w a +10 TO differential. And you do know your rushing attack is 7th and the Pats is 3rd I mean I know you faced those powerhouse D in THE rAMS,cAROLINA AND gREEN bAY SO HAD BE TOUGH TO RUN ON THOSE 3 TEAMS (Sarcasm off) So please stop acting like Lynch has run over monster D's outside of AZ he has not faced a monster D, while the Pats Have faced 2 in AZ and Baltimore.

I honestly hope the NE coaches feel the same way you do.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• PatsFanNH wrote:Trrrroy et al,

I'm not saying our offense is good, I'm saying Lynch is good. He's racking up yards with very nearly the worst passing attack in the league. I'd like to see how well Ridley and Bolden do facing the stacked fronts Lynch does on an every down basis. It's one thing to rack up rushing yards when defenses have Tom friggin Brady, and Wes friggin Welker, and Rob friggin Gronkowski to worry about, it's something else completely when Russell Wilson and Tarvaris Jackson are your quarterbacks and your best offensive weapon other than Lynch is a tossup between Golden Tate, Sydney Rice, and Doug Baldwin.

Lynch is a beast. You'll see on Sunday.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• Uh Ok indianFan.. you're basing that on what????? what do those teams have to do with the CLink.. ravens get pummeled last time they played here, cardinals got beat last time they played here, and the 49ers barely beat us by two points on a last minute field goal.. so clearly the noise and the 12th man does have some effect... when apposing coaches and players comment on how tough it's gonna be to play in the CLink, you might want to take their word for it, think they'd no a tad bit better than you. just sayin....
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• of course the seahawks home record the last few years isnt going to be good, the team wasnt that good until the midway point last season. But that doesnt matter, a homefield advantage has nothing to do with how good a team is.

And nobody on the Pats can tackle lynch. Nobody in the league can. He is impossible to bring down, and would probably set every record in the book if the Oline was any good.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• IndianFan wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:
    IndianFan wrote:I keep reading about how big a home field advantage the seahawks have at the clink and how every team just seems to cower under the crowd noise etc.

Perhaps you can educate me and tell me what the Hawks home field record is over the last 3 years? Just reading this thread makes it sound like the hawks are invincible at home. Considering all hawks fans feel that you have the talent now and an overwhelming home field advantage, the current home winning streak seemed like a good number to go by.

You missed the point completely. The hawks have had bad teams the past three years, so of course they aren't going to have good home numbers. Bad teams lose, even at home, even at the Clink. It has nothing to do with the homefield advantage.

You might interpret that as "the team loses at home so therefore the home-field advantage sucks," and if that's your stance there is no point in arguing with you because you suck at logic.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• IndianFan wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:

You don't get it. We haven't fielded a very good team the last few years. The Ravens have been a good team for some years. The other teams you bring up are good now and their home winning streaks only go into last year.

The Seahawks, when fielding a good team are very difficult to beat at home.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:You don't get it. We haven't fielded a very good team the last few years. The Ravens have been a good team for some years. The other teams you bring up are good now and their home winning streaks only go into last year.

The Seahawks, when fielding a good team are very difficult to beat at home.

I get that part. But can you not say that any team, when fielding a good team is very difficult to beat at home? And on the road? I am sure the home field and noise adds some advantage, but it doesn't turn an average team into a great team. From the posts in just this thread, it really sounded like the Clink just makes the hawks completely invicible and all teams/fans should be shaking in their boots. Perhaps I misunderstood...
    IndianFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• What the noise does, especially at the Clink, is makes it impossible for opposing teams to communicate. And makes it impossible for the linemen to hear the snap count. That's why our defense is so much faster at the get off at home then it is on the road. The huge number of false starts generated because of this should also not be discounted. Our home field advantage is very very real.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• this is the same type of garbage the packer fans were writing just before they came up here on national tv and got slapped in the face repeatedly... discount double check was introduced to the 12th man and home field advantage i believe 8 times... jennings, one of the top recievers in the game had what 2, 3 catches, and goldie locks , Mr. Matthews if you're nasty had let's see, oh ya that would be zero sacks... bottom line is , i love when we're playing at home, i love being the underdog at home, i love it when the fans pretend that playing at the CLink is just another Sunday... It going to be a great hard fought game, i mean an all out battle... i can guarentee the National audience will not be taking this team lightly after sunday, especially in the CLink... i've watched NFL live every night this week, and not one mention of this game, plenty on Colts and Jets, really? colts and Jets.. #1 O vs #1 D, and no mention , really, pretty boy brady? no mention.. No respect, no love , ESPN is a bunch of bafoons.. ESPN please do not jump on our bandwagon if we pull this one out.. we don't need you...

"We all we got, we all we need"!!!!!!
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information