Dem REFFS!!!!

TJH

Reaction score
After being given a game by the refs, I don't think we have the right to complain.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TJH":1pdw38qu said:
After being given a game by the refs, I don't think we have the right to complain.

Given a game by the refs? When was that? I must have missed it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":xvk0dtje said:
1. We're not a very good football team.

Really? #1 defense, #1 or #2 rushing offense and we're not a very good football team?

JKent82

Reaction score
lukerguy":gfy3a5bv said:
-Clemons late hit on Newton. This was probably the most eggheaded play of the game for the Hawks. I love Clem but, there is no room for late hits on QB. He was late AND he pile drove him into the ground. This extended the drive after a 3 and out and would have given us the ball at the 50 yard line (most likely) up 6-0 with 2 minutes left. Due to undisciplined we end up going to halftime up 6-3 when it could have easily been 9-0 or 13-0.

While it was the right call, it was also the right thing in my opinion. Well maybe a little less pile drive, but he hit him as Cam threw and Clem can't really see if the ball was out or not. You can't half-ass sacking sacking Cam Newton. Frustrating though.

Ref's suck and we don't often get calls. Hopefully we'll survive.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JKent82":2y85e49u said:
While it was the right call, it was also the right thing in my opinion. Well maybe a little less pile drive, but he hit him as Cam threw and Clem can't really see if the ball was out or not. You can't half-ass sacking sacking Cam Newton. Frustrating though.

Pass rushers have to keep an eye on the QB so they know whether to pull back, or not. End of story.

JKent82

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2icf24c4 said:
JKent82":2icf24c4 said:

Pass rushers have to keep an eye on the QB so they know whether to pull back, or not. End of story.

Alright fine :(

But for me, it was close enough that I don't think Clem could know with his head going off the side of Cam's chest. Then again I only saw it once on the telecast. Need to avoid the pile drive for sure. Either way we need less late hits and more sacks. :th2thumbs: