Unger didn't practice today

jlwaters1

Reaction score
it sounds like they were just resting him from the PC presser today.

OP
OP
12thMan1

12thMan1

Reaction score
jlwaters1":39mjb9ow said:

I hope you're right.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I got the feeling it wasn't too serious, but Pete wouldn't say anything definite...he's really good about not telling anything about injuries that he's not required. I believe McQuistan can play center if need be, but I'm not concerned about this yet

drdiags

Reaction score
His replacement would have been Moffitt based on training camp rotations and depth chart. With Moffitt banged up, I would think the Frenchman would be the starter. Wilfork and the #74 (Jones, I think) would be a load for our interior anyway. Hope Unger is just resting as they say he is.

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":xh9oyr6s said:
His replacement would have been Moffitt based on training camp rotations and depth chart. With Moffitt banged up, I would think the Frenchman would be the starter. Wilfork and the #74 (Jones, I think) would be a load for our interior anyway. Hope Unger is just resting as they say he is.

Unger will play. I believe Center is the only position McQuistan DOES NOT play.

It would be Lemuel Jeanpierre.

Really, don't worry about it. Lineman are limited in many many many practices.

Basis4day

Reaction score
12thMan1":1qlrjimp said:
jlwaters1":1qlrjimp said:

I hope you're right.

The direct quote from Pete was, "Max will be slowed down today, he has a hip thing that's bothering him a bit".

kidhawk

Reaction score
I just went over to the depth chart and it definitely does list Jeanpierre as the backup center. Either way, shouldn't be an issue, I think Moffit is going to be fine. If he were doubtful to play this week, it would be a top story around here.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pete goes on to say that he expects Unger to play sunday. Can't guarantee, as with any injury, but can't have any more information until the next day and so on.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Pete does an outstanding job at not over working his players, giving them a day off every so often. Like Marshawn for instance. I have a feelin my neighbor Max will be good to go on Sunday ;)