Hope The Pats Like Getting Wet.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":y7muchoq said:
therealjohncarlson":y7muchoq said:
PatsFanNH":y7muchoq said:
LOL guys I asked if it COULD BE SNOW instead because I LIKED snow games more.. not that I expected it to be snowing lol... I am not worried about weather, more worried about our oline top players being able to play.

So science is different in New Hampshire than Washington?

LOL well ONE we have had Snow by Halloween up here so ya it can snow before Novemeber! Thats a dang FACT. I also was goofing my god people was saying I prefered SNOW GAMES.. sigh... :?

Well I was referring to the fact that is says prediction of 60 degress up at the top. No worries though! just messing with ya

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I dont think rain has much effect unless its a massive nasty rain storm. As an ex-crappy high school QB i would much rather play in rain then in wind. Rains no problem.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Only thing rain does is MAYBE add to dropped passes, I am not sure about the Hawks WR/TE etc but I am confident in the Pats that they will still make the catch...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Brady's used to playing outside in the snow; with a rookie QB starting, we do NOT want rain against the Patriots.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I would say a wet game would be a plus for us. However, Brady as always faired well in poor conditions.

Hawker

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2nfpa2nz said:
I dont think rain has much effect unless its a massive nasty rain storm. As an ex-crappy high school QB i would much rather play in rain then in wind. Rains no problem.

Sounds like it might come down pretty hard. Might be before game-time, might be during. As an ex-crappy high school safety (as you so eloquently put it) I concur - it is a lot more fun playing in the rain.

Good test for the hands of our receiving corps, though, this Sunday.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
wouldnt the rain effect Seatle O more than it would effect the Patriots O? considering they are a younger unit?

sutz

Reaction score
No mud, so footing isn't a real problem. I'd be worried more about wind than rain.

I believe it probably has rained here in October, just only every 30 years or so, and not at 60 degrees F. ;)

redhawk253

Reaction score
i think rain will play more into the game than people realize.. some things that have been crossing my mind.

our secondary is mean and quite often were poppin the receiver while they are catching the ball.. add rain to that and i think we are going to see some balls shootin up in the air after hits and possibly a couple "lucky" picks for our guys. dont think it will affect mebane and bryant as they have the weight to keep themselves in place.. but irvin might suffer from the rain.. its gona slow him down a bit or cause him to be pushed down past the qb to the outside a lot i fear (he already has this problem a bit as it is..) i think clemmons will be alright but i envision him slipping as he tries to cut back towards brady a couple times.

on offense.. yeah our hands are questionable so far this year.. but last game seemed to be a bit better.. i think the rain helps turbin.. but slows lynch a bit.. turbin is more of a one cut and pound guy.. yeah lynch is a bruiser but he is more elusive than people give him credit.. he thrives by making little adjustments to keep defense off balance and reducing the amount of direct hits he takes then keeping his legs churning.. he might not be quite as shifty as he usually is or have the drive if he loses footing at all due to the rain. as far as our receivers go though.. i dont think the rain affects our route running as much as it will the pats.. we've been struggling to get separation as it is and rely more on our size so the rain isn't likely to slow us down any.. the pats though have sneaky quick/fast guys that rely a lot on cutting and running sharp routes.. welker and lloyd are likely going to have a lot more trouble getting up to speed being jammed at the line and not being able to cut on a dime like usual.

zach miller is in line for a big game.. i think BB is smarter than most of the coaches we've faced so far.. im sure he saw how much trouble az def gave russell when they pinned their ears back and brought 4+ .. russell is gona have to have his hot reads right and dump it off quick.. add to the fact that pats like to give up yards to tight ends.. possibly get to see the reason we paid miller so much this game.

lastly, chancelor is going to unload some wood on someone this game.. been a bit since he's really popped someone and i think the loss of footing for offense to cut and shift to avoid a big hit is going to cost somebody on sunday. im thinking hernandez.. but seeing as welker makes his living going across the middle and is a tough guy that really enjoys taking a challenge.. could be a bad day for him if he thinks kam is that challenge.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
the rain will definitely play a role, it always does, especially the play in the trenches. as for qb play the worry is about how our rookie can handle the weather vs. a vet like brady. let's face it, brady's had more game experience on how to deal with it. but again this is clink and that's a big plus for us here so hopefully this balances things out. then again maybe our d ceates even more turnovers in the rain, in our house :)

Latest posts