Tom say's your gonna boo

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Wow. I never realized how BS the NFL schedulers were until I actually looked it up.

NE Patriots have only played in 14 regular season games west of the rockies since 2000. (Most are against Denver of course).
4 of those games that were in 2008 were back to back road games that they conveniently stayed on the west coast (how nice schedulers).

Seattle Seahawks have played in 17 eastern standard times games since 2007!!!
None were back to back road games that would play in favor of the traveling team (unless you count going from San Francisco one week to Pittsburgh the next).

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":yjmn20sm said:
Wow. I never realized how BS the NFL schedulers were until I actually looked it up.

NE Patriots have only played in 14 regular season games west of the rockies since 2000. (Most are against Denver of course).
4 of those games that were in 2008 were back to back road games that they conveniently stayed on the west coast (how nice schedulers).

None were back to back road games that would play in favor of the traveling team (unless you count going from San Francisco one week to Pittsburgh the next).

Come on, now. That's not "BS of the NFL schedulers."

Know how many NFL teams are west of the Rockies? 6, if you count Denver (which is technically east of the Rockies, in the foothills). That means there are 25 other teams east of the Rockies for the Pats to play.

Not to mention that half of those teams west of the Rockies are in the NFC, which means the Pats will play them only once every 4 years anyway, and only once every 8 years out west.

Know how many teams are in the Eastern time zone? 16 (essentially every team east of Indy and Tennessee).

In other words, that's not some biased NFL scheduling... it's just math.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":swkjocpw said:
AF_Hawk":swkjocpw said:

Come on, now. That's not "BS of the NFL schedulers."

Know how many NFL teams are west of the Rockies? 6, if you count Denver (which is technically east of the Rockies, in the foothills). That means there are 25 other teams east of the Rockies for the Pats to play.

Not to mention that half of those teams west of the Rockies are in the NFC, which means the Pats will play them only once every 4 years anyway, and only once every 8 years out west.

Know how many teams are in the Eastern time zone? 16 (essentially every team east of Indy and Tennessee).

In other words, that's not some biased NFL scheduling... it's just math.

I understand there are more teams east of the mountains, but to think how easy in terms of their travel is amazing. They had a span of two seasons without ever going west! I know what you mean, and of course it makes sense in terms of numbers (and geography Zebulon Dak ;) ), I was just pointing out what some may have not noticed before.

Edit: And to add, I didn't know it was every 4 years for teams to play other divisions outside the conference, I thought it was every 3.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":lorez165 said:
I understand there are more teams east of the mountains, but to think how easy in terms of their travel is amazing. They had a span of two seasons without ever going west! I know what you mean, and of course it makes since in terms of numbers (and geography Zebulon Dak ;) ), I was just pointing out what some may have not noticed before.

There's no doubt there's a big disparity in how much the western teams have to travel versus how much the east coast teams do. I'd love to see the league acknowledge that and try to accommodate the western teams by giving them favorable scheduling (like no road 10am games, for example) in order to inject a little more competitive balance, but I won't hold my breath waiting on it.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1t650036 said:
I'll just reply with: I wish he were our quarterback.

Hard to find fault with him aside from choosing Gisele over Bridget Moynahan. Personal preference of course.

Gisele has boobs.

chawx

Reaction score
brady-pwnt.jpg

:th2thumbs: did i win the interwebz?

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Do you hear this 12th Man!!! "Doing it in Seattle, a city that has remained supportive even in lean years, may be a taller task then quieting a Buffalo crowd, but Brady is hoping to have the home crowd "booing their own players" by the end of the game.

"It's always nice when you take 53 guys on the road and you say, ‘This is all we've got and this is all we need and this is what we have to do,'" Brady said. "And see 70,000 fans, if you can keep them quiet or turn them on their own team. I think that's an exciting part for road teams."

That comment alone might give Seattle fans a little extra motivation to get loud Sunday."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-r ... e-seahawks

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
i5roadrunner":1yf659si said:
Do you hear this 12th Man!!! "Doing it in Seattle, a city that has remained supportive even in lean years, may be a taller task then quieting a Buffalo crowd, but Brady is hoping to have the home crowd "booing their own players" by the end of the game.

"It's always nice when you take 53 guys on the road and you say, ‘This is all we've got and this is all we need and this is what we have to do,'" Brady said. "And see 70,000 fans, if you can keep them quiet or turn them on their own team. I think that's an exciting part for road teams."

That comment alone might give Seattle fans a little extra motivation to get loud Sunday."

And what did he say that was "so offensive" to you? the fact he wants get the crowd quiet or to get you to boo your team? You do know thats his job is to defeat the Hawks and make them look bad while doing it thus making you boo right? ~~sigh~~

JustTheTip

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2rwcsw3m said:
i5roadrunner":2rwcsw3m said:

And what did he say that was "so offensive" to you? the fact he wants get the crowd quiet or to get you to boo your team? You do know thats his job is to defeat the Hawks and make them look bad while doing it thus making you boo right? ~~sigh~~

Actually, that shouldn't be part of the job. If it happens it happens, but really shouldn't be part of the job description. The fact that BB coached teams plan and play to do exactly that is a big part of the problem I have with them.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2xpfxew0 said:
i5roadrunner":2xpfxew0 said:

Seahawks fans look for reasons to be offended. We'll take anything out of context if it means we can play the "no respect" card.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Bitter,

If you dont want your team go out there and execute so well and look unstoppable that the home teams fans get restless and Boo. Then I am sorry I want my team EXECUTING the game plan to perfection and making the other team look like a JV team.

But hey I am an emperor deciple lol... long live emperor BB :p

JustTheTip

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":ilzi5sb2 said:
Bitter,

If you dont want your team go out there and execute so well and look unstoppable that the home teams fans get restless and Boo. Then I am sorry I want my team EXECUTING the game plan to perfection and making the other team look like a JV team.

But hey I am an emperor deciple lol... long live emperor BB :p

That is exactly what I want, and if the other team looking bad is a biproduct so be it. But to do things with the primary purpose of making the other team look bad isn't the way I like to see things done.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Bitter,

One is a bi product of the other... If you are executing For example the Pats in the 2nd half of the Bills game, you by bi product make the other team look BAD.. (and the Bills looked REAL bad 31 points in 1 quarter bad!)

Twisted

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21w1i2i4 said:
I think what he said is pretty funny. I kind of like Tom Brady for comments like this, I don't get the hate. If I were an NFL player, I'd LOVE to get opposing fans booing. People need to read what he actually said and realize he didn't predict he'd do it, it's just a goal to try and achieve.

Bradys a nit, his division blows and it always has, the guy would have never made it in a tough division, he would have been injured and retired, he's a spoilt bratt and I cant wait for the storm to ruffle his feathers, nuthin like watching that goon get up off the turf picken sod out of his face mask, doods ALL hype if you ask me... ;)

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Twisted":1xalco1k said:
RolandDeschain":1xalco1k said:
I think what he said is pretty funny. I kind of like Tom Brady for comments like this, I don't get the hate. If I were an NFL player, I'd LOVE to get opposing fans booing. People need to read what he actually said and realize he didn't predict he'd do it, it's just a goal to try and achieve.

Bradys a nit, his division blows and it always has, the guy would have never made it in a tough division, he would have been injured and retired, he's a spoilt bratt and I cant wait for the storm to ruffle his feathers, nuthin like watching that goon get up off the turf picken sod out of his face mask, doods ALL hype if you ask me... ;)

good smiley there, otherwise I may have taken you seriously but your just :stirthepot:

Twisted

Reaction score
should be fun watchin Brady scramble to the sidelines to throw the ball away, defense don't need personnel changes, put your best 11 out there and force the pats to beat you, be standin on the line shufflin when he walks up to the line, like bulls ready to charge the matador, fire shootin out there nostrils, I wouldn't give that Brady guy room to breath, forearms and cleats is all he deserves from this division...