A Pats fan 3 Keys to the Game this week...

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Ok Here are my 3 KEYS for each team:

Seahawks:

1. Get Pressure on Brady PREFERABLY UP the middle.
2. Do NOT allow Ridley to Run
3. Must play mistake free ball DO NOT give Brady & Co. a short field.

Pats:

1. Defense MUST stop the run
2. Keep balanced as to not allow the Hawks to pin their ears back and rush
3. FG Kicker MUST hit 40 yard FG!!! No giving points away!

Hawker

Reaction score
Good points all around.

Seeing the weather forecast (rain) I'd say ball control is key for both teams, as is the ability to stop the opposing rushing attack.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Hawks:

1 - pressure will be coming from all sides, baby!
2 - can't see anyone establishing the run on this D.
3 - couldn't agree with you more, you can get away with some mistakes against the Cam Newtons of the world but not Tommy Boy - he will make the Hawks pay. Mistakes (turnovers, untimely penalties) are a sore spot right now

Pats:

1 - stacking the box will put pressure on Russ - we will see if he is ready to take another step forward
2 - Pats will need to establish some type of running game, but Hawks have had success with a 4 man rush quite a bit so far this year
3 - that's putting a lot of pressure on the team that they have to hit a 40 yarder. What if kick ends up being from 42? ;)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Can we play the Pats every week? Because so far they seem to have the best, most intelligent fan base I've seen come visit us.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Guys I was thinking if I had a 4th point for both may be :

Hawks:

4. DO NOT get in a shootout with the Pats control the clock and keep Brady off the field

Pats:

4. Confuse the Rookie QB with various looks and cause him to make mistakes.

I think both are correct but maybe some think a shoot otu could work for either team.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Question to the Pats fans... Will Tom be ready for the 12 Man?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1joi6jhv said:
Guys I was thinking if I had a 4th point for both may be :

Hawks:

4. DO NOT get in a shootout with the Pats control the clock and keep Brady off the field

Pats:

4. Confuse the Rookie QB with various looks and cause him to make mistakes.

I think both are correct but maybe some think a shoot otu could work for either team.

I agree that if this turns into a shootout, the Hawks are done. Their only real hope is to be able to somewhat shut NE down and keep them between 14–20 points. I don't see our offense outscoring that.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
@Hawksfan

I expect he will be, I mean he is use to loud stadiums like Pitt and Baltimore for example and INDY when the dome is closed... The noise will not effect him as perhaps the Oline and causing false starts.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
He has never played here before. The design of the stadium is funnel all the crowd noise down to the field. It will be difficult to run the no huddle if you can't hear the call.

Either way, I think it is going to be a good game. I just hope we come out on top! :)

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Hawks,

IF the Pats lose I just want you to return the favor to the Jets in November lol... I want a good game with no injuries to key personel on EITHER Side...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I would think Brady, of all the Qb's in the NFL, would be the least affected by the crowd noise and the pressure we bring him. If we sack the crap out of him and keep his WR's blanketed, then he's going to be affected like any QB would, but if he's got just enough time to find the WR, even if he gets hit right after, he's not going to rattle.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Salish,

I wouldnt be shocked see the Pats come out in the gun and go for short quick passes in the no huddle to get a quick score IF they get the ball first. I think BB want get the Hawks down early and make Wilson play from behind, and try rattle him...

NOT Saying it would work but the gun adds a couple seconds and say they keep your d line back 2 second 4 seconds should be enough for brady.. but hey who knows ~~shrug~~

drdiags

Reaction score
Besides Ridley, Bolden and Woodhead are good runners as well. Watching all the games the Patriots played this year, their running game is pretty legit and I don't see them abandoning it like some of the recent teams the Seahawks have played. Will be very interesting to me how this game unfolds. Maybe the Seahawks can get Ridley to turn it over? I saw a quote where Bill was mentioning that Ridley needs to be more ball security inclined. Though I only saw the one fumble by Ridley, maybe it is an issue for him?

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
drdiags,

he has fumbled 4 times in less than 2 years... is an issue but one that kEVIN fAULK ALSO HAD EARLY IN HIS CARREER AND HOPEFULLY CAN BE CORRECTED.

IMO What makes the Pats Run game dangerous is simple... BRADY, no one in their right mind is going stack the box and dare Brady to beat them, so a lot easier for them to find openings. I know if I was a DC I rather take my chances with the Pats runners beating me and shutting Brady down from Passing. (which isnt ever easy to do either.)

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Just a show of hands...

How many people here actually think Steven Ridley is going to be a factor in this game? I honestly don't see that happening. The only back I see give the 'hawks fits on a consistent basis is Frank Gore...that's it. We'll have to wait and see though...still highly doubt this dude is a factor.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
SouthSound,

Again all depends on your D he been running untouched for a lot of plays for like 7 yards because of the blocking.. heck I sw one run by Bolden where he was 17 yards downfield before he was touched.... All depends on the blocking and or coming off the blocks depending on the team.

Oh and my previous post was IN GENERAL not specific to the Hawks game on what team D would choose... usually most D can take away one thing effectively... hard shut down EVERYTHING an Offense do.. (most O can usually only do ONE thing well as well..)

Modest

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":35f18fly said:
Question to the Pats fans... Will Tom be ready for the 12 Man?

Belichick is notorious for preparing for every factor in a game. Before the Superbowl last year he had linemen swinging lacrose paddles back and forth trying to simulate JPP's arms knocking down passes. he even simulated halftime during practice. I'm sure he will be preparing Brady for this game in the same manner even if it comes down to taping two giant 90s style boomboxes to each side of Brady's helmet.

On another note, I wish the Razor was built for acoustics like Centurylink was. it would feel infinitely better as a fan to be known as an influential factor to the game instead of being known as one of the most opposing team friendly stadiums in the NFL.

drdiags

Reaction score
I guess I am going to show my hands on Ridley/Bolden/Woodhead.

In the Green Bay game in the second half, Benson was getting chunk plays. The defense is good but if they are having problems getting off on 3rd downs, yeah the running game of the Patriots will start having an affect. Assuming the no-huddle has its affect, our big hogs are going to be gassed or we will have our rushing package stuck playing in running downs.

I expect the defense to bottle up the run but I can see several scenarios where this might not be the case. I hope the Patriots only gain 40-60 yds on the ground. It would mean the Seahawks have accomplished their goal of limiting the run and have forced the Patriots to attack primarily through the air. Then it is just how well did they do stopping the air attack.