My worry about the next 2 games.

The Radish

Reaction score
I have said this elsewhere but it bears mentioning here. I have 2 major concerns about this set of games.

1. We beat the Pats. Now that's not an unwarranted thought as I think we have the ability to beat any team at our home.

But then we are so spent mentally and physically on only 4 days rest we get beat badly at ninners.

2. We lose to the Pats. Entirely possible, but then are so pissed at ourselves for losing that game we go to ninners and blow them out of their own stadium. Or we could lose to the Pats and are so wrung out we lose to the ninners and will have lost 2 straight.

Not worried about pussys now as we will have lots of time to prepare.

Of course we could win both games and take my worrys completely away. I know its possible but would not be surprised if we lost at least one of these.

Now if we were the stillirs of 75-76, or the Pack of mid 60s I wouldn't worry so much.

Now before you get all wound up remember each of these scenerios are entirely possible, even likely. I'm not one of those that think we're going to the SB cause we beat Carolina. Just trying to see all sides of the problem.

:les:

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
one game at a time . if anybody on the seahawks think about the next two game we are for sure going to lose Sunday

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The only consolation that I have in facing a tough Patriots team back-to-back with the Niners, is that this Sunday the Niners face the Giants.

You know, the team that knocked them out of the NFC Championship. They will have a hard-fought, very emotional game on Sunday and then have to face us on short rest. It's very likely that they Niners will be so worked up about the Giants that they have a let-down game by the time Thursday comes around.

It's not like the Niners have an advantage this week in terms of time to prepare or an easy match-up.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1o3nax4i said:
The only consolation that I have in facing a tough Patriots team back-to-back with the Niners, is that this Sunday the Niners face the Giants.

You know, the team that knocked them out of the NFC Championship. They will have a hard-fought, very emotional game on Sunday and then have to face us on short rest. It's very likely that they Niners will be so worked up about the Giants that they have a let-down game by the time Thursday comes around.

It's not like the Niners have an advantage this week in terms of time to prepare or an easy match-up.

Good thought, I hadn't considered that direction. Is the game AT Giants? lol, easier to ask you than look myself. lol

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":oqpl8xu2 said:
one game at a time . if anybody on the seahawks think about the next two game we are for sure going to lose Sunday

I'm not suggesting what the team is thinking about. I'm talking what choices I see.

:roll:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
The 49ers game against the Giants is in SF.

I agree with the above poster, The 4 days rest is irrelevant as both teams have to deal with the same situation. I'm very excited to see what happens over these next 2 games. 2 victories and this board will be on cloud 9. If we could get 1 win out of the group it would be a positive step.

I personally want to go undefeated at home this year. Magical things happen in Seattle. + If you win your 8 home games your almost assured of a 10+ win season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a lot of us have harbored the same worries since the schedule came out earlier this year. What a brutal stretch and terrible scheduling.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Going to be extremely difficult to face Pats and Niners in a short week.
We can beat the Pats but we're going to be very spent in the process.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Well if we take only 1 of these two games, I hope it's against the niners considering we are already 0-2 in the division. But I have more confidence that they'll beat NE at home than the Niners on the road.

manders2600

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":qmhpfbjj said:
I'm pretty sure a lot of us have harbored the same worries since the schedule came out earlier this year. What a brutal stretch and terrible scheduling.

On the other hand, going all the way to the east coast (Carolina) and not having to play a 10:00 am game is a bit of a gift.

Largent80

Reaction score
we are fortunate to have split those 2 eastern time zone games, so now lets take care of business in the west.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
The Radish":3mzu7m2g said:
My best case scenerio is the ninners lose both & we win both.

:th2thumbs:
Oh wow. Could you imagine if SF loses back to back home games? The fanbase would have a complete meltdown...and I'm fine with that. :lol:

jkitsune

Reaction score
On the other hand, what a PERFECT opportunity to make a statement about just how good this team can be! I personally think we're going to beat the 9ers this year, independent of what happens on Sunday, and as OP stated, we can beat anyone at home.

I'm not going to be crushed if we lose one of these, I'd be upset if we lost both (this team SHOULD be able to win one of these games), but I think we have a legitimate chance to win two.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Reality is, if you're a betting man, that the Pats are going to win Sunday (hence Vegas favoring them by 4) and that the Niners are going to win at home. We drop to 3-4, going 0-3 in our division. Anything better than that and we should be ecstatic. If that is what happens, we can't get too down on the team because that's what the most expectable outcome will be.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Man I hope we don't lose to the 9'ers. That happens and we are 0 - 3 in the division and really behind the 8 ball as far as making the playoffs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
To all:

Darth-Vader-I-FIND-YOUR-LACK-OF-FAITH-DISTURBING.jpg

We win both! :mrgreen:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled with winning one and losing one.

I agree with some of the other posters.

I think Giants at 49ers is a bigger problem for them -- even though arguably the Giants aren't as good as the Patriots -- because there's a history there and both teams are going to be very emotionally invested in the game. The winner will be basking, the loser will be reeling, most likely.

Patriots at Seahawks by comparison is a real tough football game, but it doesn't have the potential for hangover, simply because the Patriots are AFC and we generally play them once every eight years, so no real rivalry or history, just a good football game between two good teams.

I think our guys will take a "business trip" mentality down to the 49ers and probably pleasantly surprise us, would be my guess.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I will take a win and a loss in the next two games.

There is not one team in the league that would be expecting two wins against the Pantyrots and 4 days later playing the Niners on the road.

What a test- best offense one week and the bloodbath of Hawks v. 49ers the next. Can't wait. (insert cliches here) Go Hawks!

CANHawk

Reaction score
You're all a bunch of scared vaginas! We win both games handily.

Leigon of Boom is going to shut down NE's little girly man recievers feeding our D-line a whole heaping helping of coverage sacks and Beast Mode is going to stomp a mud hole in the 9'ers and ghost ride it dry.