Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

pehawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2lf7yred said:
Barthawk,

What a USELESS Stat! The broncos were 2-2 but oops not a winning record if they beat the Ravens oops not a winning record team and Titans you got a point.. Oh and both losses were VERY VERY Questionable losses. IE Replacement refs screwed up in both games (esp against AZ.. and the missed Baltimore FG being called good) That isnt gonna happen Sunday.

Um, bulliisht. I watched that Cardinals game - youre line and offense were manhandled. WTF are you talking about? Then, you got gifted an fumble for a FG try, and still lost.

The Hawks defensive line is similar, and what the Cards have in height, the Hawks make up for in speed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":azpfbma5 said:
Barthawk,

What a USELESS Stat! The broncos were 2-2 but oops not a winning record if they beat the Ravens oops not a winning record team and Titans you got a point.. Oh and both losses were VERY VERY Questionable losses. IE Replacement refs screwed up in both games (esp against AZ.. and the missed Baltimore FG being called good) That isnt gonna happen Sunday.

The Patriots armor was dented when they lost game 19 of the formerly unbeaten season, and the formula to beat them was set in stone: Physical brutality. Fortunately for the Patriots, the NFL is short on truly nasty squads like that. Now, is that formula foolproof? Nope. But a very physical Ravens team did come within one dropped pass of beating you, and the injuries your team accumulated in that win may very well have cost you the Super Bowl.
That Cardinals team that beat you at home was another physical team that you could not handle. Will you win Sunday? Quite possibly. Will you get physically outmatched? Most definitely. Our squad is one of the 5 or 6 teams in the league that can win a game using brutality as their primary weapon. Watch your injury report, next week it will have more players on it than this week. If you are crying about questionable calls right now, by next week you will be complaining about uncalled personal fouls.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":j44sxwlt said:
aku":j44sxwlt said:
And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid?

I'm thinking they're spiking it with a little somethin'-somethin' from these guys:

wire.jpg

They're drug dealers from the most realistic cop-and-drug-trade show to ever air on television, The Wire.

Awh, I miss Bodie. My favorite charachter from the show (and one of my fav from any tv show) along with Omar.

TB12

Reaction score
The Seahawks are unproven but a up and coming team. It might be tough but will get it done.

knowledgeispower

Reaction score
Scottemojo":5zl0odil said:
PatsFanNH":5zl0odil said:
Barthawk,

The Patriots armor was dented when they lost game 19 of the formerly unbeaten season, and the formula to beat them was set in stone: Physical brutality. Fortunately for the Patriots, the NFL is short on truly nasty squads like that. Now, is that formula foolproof? Nope. But a very physical Ravens team did come within one dropped pass of beating you, and the injuries your team accumulated in that win may very well have cost you the Super Bowl.
That Cardinals team that beat you at home was another physical team that you could not handle. Will you win Sunday? Quite possibly. Will you get physically outmatched? Most definitely. Our squad is one of the 5 or 6 teams in the league that can win a game using brutality as their primary weapon. Watch your injury report, next week it will have more players on it than this week. If you are crying about questionable calls right now, by next week you will be complaining about uncalled personal fouls.

I think that Cardinals game was the last game like that for them, and they weren't even clicking yet like they are now, and still only lost because of a missed field goal. They have getting past what teams figured out now.

pehawk

Reaction score
You only got to miss that field goal because the Cadinals fumbled while running out the clock. Greg Schiano's victory formation has more street cred.

knowledgeispower

Reaction score
Yeah, that fumble is due to the ball being knocked out. Those players are smart and very clutch. You have to play full 60 minutes to even get close to beat them.

pehawk

Reaction score
Or, a boneheaded Cardinal player? I watched that ENTIRE game, because the Cards beat the Hawks week one. The team that deserved to win won tha Sunday. Saying otherwise is foolish. The Cards went to Foxboro and limited your offense - give them credit they defeated the Patriots.

Barthawk

Reaction score
The point of that "useless" stat was to point out that while the Pats are a good team, they beat up on the sisters of the poor last year and either lost or struggled mightily against good teams..

The Pats are a good team, but they are definitely beatable and will not have an easy go on Sunday. Seattle is a hungry team that plays exponentially better at home.

IndianFan

Reaction score
Aros":1dunsola said:
For some reason, the Seahawks are nearly unbeatable at home.

Agreed?

Sure, there's the one or two games a year where you leave CLink and say "WTF"?

But 90 percent of the time, the Seahawks beat whomever they are playing in Seattle. At home. Bliss.

The Patriots are a very, very good AFC team. Tom Brady is a future first-ballot HOF QB.

However, they are not used to playing in the loudest, most disruptive and intimidating stadium in the NFL.

After today's performance, the Seahawks may just have the #1 defense in the entire National Football League.

Think about how SICK our defense will be at home.

Think about how loud the Power of 12 will be.

Win.

Just curious, where the 90% figure comes from. According to this site the hawks are 53-29 all time at the Clink, which works out to around 60 percent of the time. That, in spite of the loudness and noise, does not sound like much of a home field advantage.

Tundra

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1tyy9347 said:
I am 5-0 in my last 5 games at Seahawks Stadium.

MNF vs Peckers
MNF last year vs Iggles
Home Opener Last Year vs Cards
BEASTQUAKE
Week 17 game vs Rams (the 'Let's NOT Suck For Luck' game)

Just sayin'.......if anybody has an extra ticket, I wouldn't be a bad place for it to go...
For the love of GOD!!! Somebody get this man a ticket!!!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
IndianFan":3ekkt44g said:
Aros":3ekkt44g said:
For some reason, the Seahawks are nearly unbeatable at home.

Agreed?

Sure, there's the one or two games a year where you leave CLink and say "WTF"?

But 90 percent of the time, the Seahawks beat whomever they are playing in Seattle. At home. Bliss.

The Patriots are a very, very good AFC team. Tom Brady is a future first-ballot HOF QB.

However, they are not used to playing in the loudest, most disruptive and intimidating stadium in the NFL.

After today's performance, the Seahawks may just have the #1 defense in the entire National Football League.

Think about how SICK our defense will be at home.

Think about how loud the Power of 12 will be.

Win.

Just curious, where the 90% figure comes from. According to this site the hawks are 53-29 all time at the Clink, which works out to around 60 percent of the time. That, in spite of the loudness and noise, does not sound like much of a home field advantage.

90% is obviously an inflated number but we're really goddam good at home when we're fielding a competitive team. Realistically during the 4-12 and 5-11 type seasons we weren't very good home or not.

When this team is playing generally well I'll put our home field advantage up against an other team, any other sport.

lukerguy

Reaction score
There's one recipe for beating the Pats, and that this...punch them in the mouth.

Physical D, Physical run game
I cannot imagine a team more over-hyped then this team. It won't be easy, my only fear is being out-coached like we were in STL.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Barthawk":23m5f4ym said:
The point of that "useless" stat was to point out that while the Pats are a good team, they beat up on the sisters of the poor last year and either lost or struggled mightily against good teams..

The Pats are a good team, but they are definitely beatable and will not have an easy go on Sunday. Seattle is a hungry team that plays exponentially better at home.

Well since LAST year means NADA for this year, This year their 2 losses by a combines 3 points. Now A stat I found her: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/takeaways-per-game

Very interesting Pats averaging ROUGHLY 3 TO a game and Seatle 1 roughly. IMO THIS is what will decide the game whichever teams D wins the TO battle.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
lukerguy":1lkgjsqv said:
There's one recipe for beating the Pats, and that this...punch them in the mouth.

Physical D, Physical run game
I cannot imagine a team more over-hyped then this team. It won't be easy, my only fear is being out-coached like we were in STL.

Have you seen any game outside of AZ? because that has not worked matter fact the Pats been the ones laying the smack down (the Ravens game was VERY hard hitting and the Pats Mauled the Bills and Broncos). Now I believe the Seahawks have a very good D, but they have not faced a decent O yet this year (based on this years stats):

AZ -- 31ST Ranked 0
Rams -- 29th ranked O
Carolina -- 22ND Ranked O
Packers -- 21st Ranked O
Cowboys -- 16th Ranked O

Also Fisher < BB as a head coach.. it isnt even close! Looking forward to Sundays game should be a fun game to watch.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":h7zjlndr said:
Interesting tweet from Colin Cowherd, via one of the publishing folks on my feed:

Angela James ‏@angelajames
RT @ESPN_Colin: I don't play fantasy football but know many of you do---so a warning--stay away from NE this week. story soon.

Not that anyone cares, but Stevan Ridley is riding the pine on my team this week.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":38ir42mk said:
Seahawk Sailor":38ir42mk said:
Interesting tweet from Colin Cowherd, via one of the publishing folks on my feed:

Angela James ‏@angelajames
RT @ESPN_Colin: I don't play fantasy football but know many of you do---so a warning--stay away from NE this week. story soon.

Not that anyone cares, but Stevan Ridley is riding the pine on my team this week.

Dont forget to put him back in for the Jets game the following week or you will be kicking yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.