If you could steal 5 players from the other NFC West teams

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1ueay36h said:
Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Patrick Willis, Larry Fitzgerald, and Kevin Kolb. Having stolen these starters, I then leave them on the bench so that the other teams are crippled.

The annoying thing is that I proposed this during the offseason when Smith was actually available...for not much more than Flynn. But we cancelled a visit with Smith when we signed Flynn.

We could have Alex Smith as our backup right now and the 9ers would have been screwed.

CANHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ajz2ia0x said:
Sarlacc83":ajz2ia0x said:
Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Patrick Willis, Larry Fitzgerald, and Kevin Kolb. Having stolen these starters, I then leave them on the bench so that the other teams are crippled.

The annoying thing is that I proposed this during the offseason when Smith was actually available...for not much more than Flynn. But we cancelled a visit with Smith when we signed Flynn.

We could have Alex Smith as our backup right now and the 9ers would have been screwed.

Or they'd be forced to start Kaepernick and could possibly be even better than they are now...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":hxi8ffjm said:
HawkFan72":hxi8ffjm said:
Sarlacc83":hxi8ffjm said:

Or they'd be forced to start Kaepernick and could possibly be even better than they are now...

I don't think so.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Justin Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Patrick Peterson
Calais Campbell
Vernon Davis

If we're stealing other players to simply hurt the other team rather than bolster our own, then:

Alex Smith
Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Larry Fitzgerald
Frank Gore

and screw the Rams.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Darnell Dockett, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, and Daryl Washington.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
1.) Patrick Willis - no brainer
2.) Larry Fitzgerald - again.. no brainer
3.) Mike Iupati - Hutch II
4.) Vernon Davis - An absolute nightmare to defend
5.) Aldon Smith - Smith + Irvin + Clemons = mmmm

pehawk

Reaction score
BFS asked if this could be expanded to include NFC North teams?

hoxrox

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1btdkb80 said:
Sarlacc83":1btdkb80 said:

yeap, not to mention Alex Smith leads the NFL in passer rating and Total QBR.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hoxrox":31s829xy said:
HawkFan72":31s829xy said:
Sarlacc83":31s829xy said:

yeap, not to mention Alex Smith leads the NFL in passer rating and Total QBR.

I think a big part of that is the 49ers system and the way they use him. I don't think he would be nearly as successful if he went to a different team.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Some of these lists just go to show how good the D-lines are in our division. Justin Smith, Dockett, Long, Aldon Smith, Campbell... Even with our awesome front four you'd make room for any of those guys.

Still, needs play a huge part and so my list is:

1. Vernon Davis
2. Fitzgerald
3. Staley
4. Amendola (healthy, of course)
5. Dockett

Carhanu21

Reaction score
People just automatically assume that Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the NFL. This is actually not true. In fact, P-Willie isnt even the best LB on his OWN TEAM.

That honor belongs to Navorro Bowman.

P.S. I'm not trying to diminish Willis in any way. He is still a great player. But i have to give credit where credit is due.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm surprised how little Patrick Peterson is being mentioned. Our CBs are great, but Peterson is special.

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Darnell Dockett
3. Justin Smith
4. Patrick Peterson
5. Patrick Willis

Our defense is already borderline elite, and this list had four more defenders, but that's where all the strength is in this division. Plus, Fitzgerald alone would put this offense over the top. Flynn would look amazing throwing to him.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald
Mike Iupati
Anthony Davis
Vernon Davis