This week is Wilson's week to step up.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We absolutely will not beat the Patriots without better offensive production. Their defense, and their offense both play into Seattle's weaknesses. They can stop the run but they can't defend the pass very well, and their offense uses a ton of no huddle, plus they are known for dinking and dunking the ball up the field --- both things that our defense has struggled against. Hopefully our noise level can slow down the no-huddle but it still will be a challenge.

That said because of these factors I sense that the Patriots are going to score over 20 points. Wilson did a great job of managing the game last week, however this week he will need to do more than simply manage. This is the best offense in the NFL, and chances are our defense won't be able to stop them all game long. In this game we might be counting on Wilson heavily.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
There is a post with this title every week, hahaha.

Wilson will get it. THey seemed to have opened it up a bit to Wilson this week and he had over 200 yards. I think he'll be fine.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":16rqgm6q said:

Wilson will get it. THey seemed to have opened it up a bit to Wilson this week and he had over 200 yards. I think he'll be fine.
Oh -- he did a great job of managing the game, and against most opponents that is all we will need to win the game. This week is different though. We're up against the number 1 offense in the NFL, and not only that the best QB. As I was saying their offensive strengths play right into our weaknesses. We can't just settle for fieldgoals in this game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":3iyrz5b6 said:

Lol, I was going to say the same thing. But no, it's THIS week that's his week to step up. Until next week, that is. Then we play the Niners and of course, it will be Wilson's time to step up.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":olp1wplu said:
SundayNiteBlackout":olp1wplu said:

Lol, I was going to say the same thing. But no, it's THIS week that's his week to step up. Until next week, that is. Then we play the Niners and of course, it will be Wilson's time to step up.
I think Wilson can beat the Niners doing what he did against Carolina minus the turnovers. Our corners matchup well against their WR's, and it's unlikely Gore will be able to run it against us. That game will be a low scoring, nose bleeding affair against the top two defenses in the NFL. That game will come down to "who plays defense better" in my opinion. This game, this week is the one game I think that Wilson will have to do more than just manage the game.

purpleworld

Reaction score
A great game from the offense, defense, and special teams is what will get us a win THIS week and every other week! Everyone has to 'step up' and make plays when they are presented...EVERYONE!

hoxrox

Reaction score
If not, then next week for sure. I'd rather beat the 9ers than ANY other team this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":395lsuxg said:
SundayNiteBlackout":395lsuxg said:

Oh -- he did a great job of managing the game, and against most opponents that is all we will need to win the game. This week is different though. We're up against the number 1 offense in the NFL, and not only that the best QB. As I was saying their offensive strengths play right into our weaknesses. We can't just settle for fieldgoals in this game.
I thought the same thing about the Packers. What did they get, 12 points?

I agree in principle with what you are saying, but predicting what he has to do is kinda pointless. He has to do one thing, get the ball to his playmakers. Whether that is with pin point passing or handing the ball off 50 times is an unknown as of right now.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Just wondering... Supposed to rain Sunday. Doesn't that usually mean it's harder to pass, so teams depend more on running?

Maybe the rain won't mean anything to an experienced QB like Brady, but it might shake Wilson up a bit. Okay, I know we don't have RAIN rain, but just sayin'.

Whaddya think?

razor150

Reaction score
I'd have to agree, this game does play into our weaknesses. On defense it isn't a huge weakness, but is one big enough to allow the Patriots to score more points than or anemic offense.

Wilson will have to lead scoring drives, and not just for field goals. The offense has to stop depending on the defense to spot it great field position. 9 or our 18 scoring drives have come from drives started on the opponents side of the field. We need to convert 3rd down, outside of last week that just hasn't been happening. Is it also to much to ask for an end of the stupid penalties?

The Packers and Panthers may have only scored 1 TD, but it was also almost more than enough for the win.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2owfynd3 said:
Spin Doctor":2owfynd3 said:
SundayNiteBlackout":2owfynd3 said:

I thought the same thing about the Packers. What did they get, 12 points?

I agree in principle with what you are saying, but predicting what he has to do is kinda pointless. He has to do one thing, get the ball to his playmakers. Whether that is with pin point passing or handing the ball off 50 times is an unknown as of right now.
The Packers also are struggling offensively this year

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Does Russell have to step up "big time" this Sunday....you bet! However, we will need our Defensive Backfield to hold on to those interceptions this Sunday. We almost had two last Sunday. Plus...we will need pressure from our front four to hurry Mr. Brady. Then again, I expect to see a lot of running attempts as well. This will be a "mind game" for the Head Coaches.
He who makes the fewest mistakes.....wins!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3l05c9fa said:
No this is the week we get behind Wilson.
Come on, get with the times.

If we get behind him and just give him a little lift it will help him to step up. Full circle.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Every week is the week Wilson has to step up, until he actually steps up...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MrCarey":8movwh36 said:
Every week is the week Wilson has to step up, until he actually steps up...

I believe that he has taken a step up and forward in each of the last three games. Does he really have to throw for 300 yards to be a "real" NFL quarterback?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
If our offensive pass protection holds up, not a problem I think.

If the O line has a hard time holding pockets and lanes open, it's gonna be a tough game.

It boils down to this, if there are no holding penalties, no sacks, hurries or rushes, we win this game easy assuming Beastmode is in full force when called on.

The defense will be just fine assuming the offense doesn't dig themselves a big hole.

GO HAWKS!!!

Seeker

Reaction score
As awesome as it would be to see Russell have his "Arise Rodimus Prime" moment of the season, I would be 10X happier to see the hawks win 2 - 0 with a safety.

Latest posts