Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Hear is to a good game sunday!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am 
NET Rookie

I have nothing but respect for the Hawks! Guys seem have an AMAZING D and as always a rabid fan base.

I am hoping is Sunday is a good clean game with no major injuries on either side. (Lets be honest both teams if they had to lose best to do it out of conference right!)

That said I hope the game doesnt come down to bad calls, like the PATS HAD, I am still miffed at that HOLDING call on Gronk that cost us the W against AZ. (would put you all in a tie for first so sure you guys hated that call too lol) and the MISSED FG called good for Baltimore ~sigh~

But I think the 2 teams match up well both strengths go against eachother as do both "weaknesses" Has the making of a classic.

Post subject: Re: Hear is to a good game sunday!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 am 
* NET Sports Handicapper *

Hey PatsFanNH - just curious how you perceive your weaknesses?

My $.02 -
- Young defense still has a lot to learn - but it is an improvement over the past many years
- TE's are strong, slot receiver is strong, but WR's are pedestrian
- Do the Pats really believe in the running game this year? Or will things just revert back to the old days?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 am 
* NET Philistine *

It's going to be a rough and fun game. The Seattle crowd is going to be into it, and I think a lot of people really feel this is one of the two great litmus tests for our defense this year. (The other was Green Bay, though I guess you can argue SF is up there, lately.) I will be very curious to see how Ridley does against our defense because I know he's been having some monster weeks.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:52 am 
NET Veteran

My Ex-wife is a Pats fan. Good people. I'd love to take this one from her though, like she took my house.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:56 am 
NET Rookie

nsport wrote:
Hey PatsFanNH - just curious how you perceive your weaknesses?

My $.02 -
- Young defense still has a lot to learn - but it is an improvement over the past many years
- TE's are strong, slot receiver is strong, but WR's are pedestrian
- Do the Pats really believe in the running game this year? Or will things just revert back to the old days?

D is young and getting better weekly helps having IMO the greatest D mind available as HC.

TE Strong, welker is strong, and Lloyd loooks very good so far.

The Pats will stay with the run, the reason we lost the last 2 SB was because we COULDNT or wouldnt run, they will stick with it.

The ONE glaring worry I have is the Pats Oline been injuries all year on it, so your front 4 scare me, but even with 4 sacks from AZ and losing Hernandez early they moved the balllate. I expect better results now with hernandez back.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 am 
NET Veteran

masters of homonym eye sea

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:58 am 

PatsFanNH wrote:
D is young and getting better weekly helps having IMO the greatest D mind available as HC.

TE Strong, welker is strong, and Lloyd loooks very good so far.

The Pats will stay with the run, the reason we lost the last 2 SB was because we COULDNT or wouldnt run, they will stick with it.

The ONE glaring worry I have is the Pats Oline been injuries all year on it, so your front 4 scare me, but even with 4 sacks from AZ and losing Hernandez early they moved the balllate. I expect better results now with hernandez back.

Ah - that's a good point. Pass rush blocking has been a weakness for Seattle this year as well. I thought signing Lloyd was a good move also. I wonder if there's any "connecting of the dots" between the old Pete Carroll tenure at NE that adds/removes any fuel to the fire for Sunday?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:58 am 
NET Rookie

Oh FYI your O line should watch out for Jones,Hightower, and big Wilfolk... the Pats D line gotten better and unlike Flacco and Manning I am not as afraid of wilson tearing the 2ndary apart. More worried about your run game which If i was a betting man is what BB will focus on takin away from your O and making wilson beat us.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

PatsFanNH wrote:
More worried about your run game which If i was a betting man is what BB will focus on takin away from your O and making wilson beat us.

Well, good luck with that. Beast will have something to say about it.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 am 
NET Rookie

largent, I said he would FOCUS on taking that away. Doesnt mean it will happen lol... But IMO the logical thing to do right?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

PatsFanNH wrote:
largent, I said he would FOCUS on taking that away. Doesnt mean it will happen lol... But IMO the logical thing to do right?

Of course.....I just wanted to point out that every team tries to do that and so far, it hasn't worked. Doesn't mean it can't, however, the dude is one determined hard runner that is hard to bring down, and our O-line likes blocking for him.

Wilson is gaining confidence each week, and after I re-watched Sundays game I am seeing some nice throws. The key is to try and flush him out of the pocket because right now our WR's are still trying to get a repoire with him.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:12 am 
NET Rookie

Largent,

funny thing is this game will PROBABLY come down to the trenches whichever team wins on the lines will win the game.. (I say more so if the Pats O line contains the SeaHawks front 4, as I dont think ANYONE thinks the hawks win a shootout style game. Thats not seahawk style ball under Carroll)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

Absolutely, I believe all 3 we have won were with the initial lead. At this point the offense is not good enough to win those shootouts. The defense though has the potential to score points, or make a key turnover.......
Should be a great game.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 am 
* NET Baller *

Its a big game!

Are we still the #1 defense after last night? lol thank the lord its here in Seattle, gonna be a good test for both teams strong points. Pats offense & The Hawks defense.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

Pats fan....here is an article regarding mostly the defense.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks09.html

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 am 
NET Rookie

Throwdown,

In Seatle makes it a pick'em game, In NE (maybe my cockiness) I see the Pats beating the Hawks easily as the crowd noise wouldnt be there to disrupt Brady's audibles.

and thanks for the read Largent.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:26 am 
* NET Baller *

I think in Foxboro the Hawks would struggle, IMO I don't know where to go with it, everytime I think its a lock to win for us we end up losing and when I thik we're gonna lose we come away with a win, this team loves to make me stupid.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:34 am 
NET Rookie

throwdown,

Just enjoy the ride, its a blast when your team is playing well and has a bright future... We both been there when our teams were awful.. (I was a Pats fan back when they named rod rust as a HC... oh those were dark days lol)

Win or lose on sunday the hawks heading in the right direction. I know my team is a SB contender just getting our young D up to snuff right now, so come playoff time BWAHAHAHA lol

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 am 
* Gangnameister *

Pats Suck!! (sorry, I have to. You seem nice, but it's in the town charter).

Really, this game is going to come down to our Offense vs. your Defense IMO. Our defense and your offense will be like a clash of the titans; the immovable object meets the unstopable force kind of territory. The game will be won or lost based on who can squeeze the better performance out of the weaker aspect of their game. But considering our offense has a Beast (and your D will have horrible jet lag), I think we eek one out at home.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:49 am 
* NET Starfish *

PatsFan, you seem like a nice fellow, so believe me when I say that what I'm about to tell you is said entirely without malicious intent.

If you haven't watched a full game of this Seattle Defense yet, you're going to shit your pants. Being as it's at the Clink, i wouldn't bother changing them. You'll just shit them again.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
PatsFan, you seem like a nice fellow, so believe me when I say that what I'm about to tell you is said entirely without malicious intent.

If you haven't watched a full game of this Seattle Defense yet, you're going to shit your pants. Being as it's at the Clink, i wouldn't bother changing them. You'll just shit them again.

This is truth.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:13 am 
NET Veteran

hawkfan1975 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

This is truth.

Yeah, no kiddin', I shit my pants 2 weeks ago haven't changed them out yet,and my wife just won't shut up about it :16:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 am 
NET Rookie

LOL I am not going crap my pants ITS ONLY A GAME AND i AINT GETTING HIT. LOL That said my seahawk friends dont dispair and cry and think your team is doomed if Brady and Co. roll 30+ on you either. This is probably the toughest O you will face all year and if Mankins et al are healthy on the O line I like our chances... The Cards held the Pats under 30 because we lost one of our top players AND the replacement refs well SUCKED.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:34 am 
* Gangnameister *

I dunno. I kinda liked the replacement refs...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 am 
NET Rookie

If the Patriots score 30 on this defense in this stadium, they're winning the whole damn thing because no one is stopping them. They won't face a better defense all year.

"If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 am 
* NET Philistine *

@mjwhitay, please change the color of your signature line. Dark blue on dark blue is not so easy to read.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am 

PatsFanNH wrote:
...The Cards held the Pats under 30 because we lost one of our top players AND the replacement refs well SUCKED.

Well this is a variable that is obviously in the Pats favor. The real refs are notorious for hating the Seahawks (even at home!) - maybe we can get an injunction on the current NFL ref agreement so the replacements are here for one more game. At least then we can count on a little love from them.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am 
I'M JIMMY!

Tom Brady is in the house. The guy can flat out ball at QB and has torched even the best defenses before. It seems that no matter who is surrounding him, that the guy still ends up performing at the top of the league. I like the matchup between the young Wilson and the Pats defense. Both are improving. Then you have Billy B, who has been part of some serious defensive action in his career. I like the Hawks overall, simply because this game is at home and the defense is bound to make an impact in the game, but if anyone can score on this defense, it is Tom Brady.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 am 
NET Veteran

I think most fans of both teams are going to be surprised how this game plays out. Obviously, you would think with the #1 D going against the #1 O, that for the team with the #1 D to win, the score will need to be somewhere in the vicinity of a 17-12, 13-10, type of game... but this D has shown that, at times, it's a "bend but don't break" defense.

I could easily see Pats fans getting a false sense of hope (as well as Seahawks fans getting a false sense of disaster) as there will be drives when Brady chops up the field, especially on 3rd and long, and gets his team in position to score....BUT, the problem offenses have with this defense is punching it in.

Don't be surprised if Brady has 200 yards passing at the half and only 9 to 13 points to show for it. It would be surprising to see either team gain a 2-score advantage on the other team, even if NE has the ball for 19-22 of the first 30 minutes of the game. Time of possession for our O in the second half will be a focus of the coaching staff going into the half, and expect to see a LOT of bruising runs with Lynch and Turbin.

This game could be epic and come down to the final play, but don't be surprised if the scores for both teams are north of 30. I know that's a mind-blower for some Hawks fans, seeing as how impotent our offense has been lately. But with DangeRuss coming back home and the 12s going bat-shit insane! This one's going to be a fun one to watch... and I say that, of course, because I think at 6:00 mountain time, I'll be drinking my 5th (who am I kidding, I mean... 14th) beer as a toast to a glorious Seahawk victory!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

mjwhitay wrote:
If the Patriots score 30 on this defense in this stadium, they're winning the whole damn thing because no one is stopping them. They won't face a better defense all year.

Nice avatar! I just changed mine from that pic yesterday lol.

Thanks for stopping by Pats fans, hope you guys stick around . :thirishdrinkers:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:22 am 
NET Rookie

chawx,

Pats are VERY good in the red zone, so i can see a couple stalling but they continually march they will stick more than a couple into the end zone.

I also think if the Hawks get into a shootout.. WILSON will make a mistake before Brady and make say a 1 score game into a 2 score game with a pick 6... a shootout IMO is not good for the Hawks at all... playing into the Pats roundhouse and not your own that takes your Running game off the table late in the game.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 am 
NET Veteran

PatsFanNH wrote:
chawx,

Pats are VERY good in the red zone, so i can see a couple stalling but they continually march they will stick more than a couple into the end zone.

I also think if the Hawks get into a shootout.. WILSON will make a mistake before Brady and make say a 1 score game into a 2 score game with a pick 6... a shootout IMO is not good for the Hawks at all... playing into the Pats roundhouse and not your own that takes your Running game off the table late in the game.

You know who (was) even better in the red zone? Cam Newton and the Panthers...according to this site: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/re ... coring-pct , if you change the date to before the Seahawks game, they were number 1 in the league at 72%, 6% higher than 2nd place...now they're 8th place and 4% behind you guys.

It doesn't matter how good you "were" at getting into the endzone, the Seahawks D will be sure to knock you down a few pegs. :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 am 
NET Rookie

Chawx,

LOL hmm ok, case where Stats dont tell everything considering how gawd awful Newton been this year they have limited RZ shots and a lot in garbage time. (like look it up Fitzpatrick of the Bills leads the league in TD throws. a misleading stat as well see lol)

But the Pats are constantly driving the ball and rarely stall, they do but not often when in the red zone.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:10 pm 
NET Veteran

PatsFan - what station will you here the game on?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm 
NET Veteran

"Hear" is what Tom Brady won't be able to do on Sunday!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:04 pm 
NET Veteran

chawx wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
chawx,

You know who (was) even better in the red zone? Cam Newton and the Panthers...according to this site: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/re ... coring-pct , if you change the date to before the Seahawks game, they were number 1 in the league at 72%, 6% higher than 2nd place...now they're 8th place and 4% behind you guys.

It doesn't matter how good you "were" at getting into the endzone, the Seahawks D will be sure to knock you down a few pegs. :th2thumbs:

Sorry...I'm rarely right about these things, so when I am, I have to QFT.

Red Zone Efficiency for New England: 1/6 - 16% MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

PatsFanNH, If you read this, I hope you know that we enjoyed having you around this week. You are welcome anytime as far as I'm concerned.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm 
NET Veteran

^ What he said, you're a class act PatsFanNH ... I tip my hat to you as a true fan of your team. We'll see you guys in February... ;)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm 
* PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

HawkFan72 wrote:
PatsFanNH, If you read this, I hope you know that we enjoyed having you around this week. You are welcome anytime as far as I'm concerned.

THIS :th2thumbs:

....my thoughts HawkFan72....he'll stop back in within the next few days to chat ~ a honest / fair objected opinion.

GO HAWKS !!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 pm 
NET Veteran

PatsFanNH wrote:

I also think if the Hawks get into a shootout.. WILSON will make a mistake before Brady and make say a 1 score game into a 2 score game with a pick 6

LOL.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:20 pm 
NET Veteran

For God's sake... can a mod change the title of this thread from "hear" to "here." Every time I see it, my brain aches.

Actually, hang on. A Pat's fan, albeit a nice one, made this thread. Leave it be.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:27 pm 
NET Veteran

most Pats fans I know are pretty suicidal/homicidal after a loss so it will prob be tues before we here back...
but hopefully we will! great fan right there! :th2thumbs:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]