So do we go after a #1 WR? like right now?

Seeker

Reaction score
I like rice, but i believe in the argument that he is a better possession guy (or maybe its just the way they use him but i almost never see him get any yac like tate).

we have a few dollars in our pocket right? who do we go after to just stretch the field? A Vincent Jackson type?

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
would be nice if we could get hunter or allen in the draft. cordarelle patterson and d. rogers will probably be available in the 2nd or later and both have potential to be #1 guys too. i wouldn't be mad if we ended up with marquess either ;)

amill87

Reaction score
We got a #1.

His name is Sydney Rice. The guy is playing like a baller out there this season. He is making 3 to 4 spectacular catches a game.

Our wrs are better than some people seem to think. They've been making plays when given the chance all season long. Im pretty sure they are still best in the league as far as drops and we all have discussed how many times they have been wide open and just not thrown too.

Does that mean we dont need help? No way, you always look to make your team better but i dont think we need to break the bank

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think a WR would have much impact. Our WRs are getting open. We need improvement at the QB position, and whether that means waiting on Wilson, or waiting on Flynn, or drafting Matt Barkley next year and then waiting on him, in pretty much every scenario we're going to have to wait a while for this offense to reach it's full potential. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a quick fix.

It's too bad Pete Carroll can't fine our O-linemen $50,000 for every penalty they get. If you want immediate results, that would be one thing that would help.

amill87":3rnu5wpc said:
We got a #1.

His name is Sydney Rice. The guy is playing like a baller out there this season. He is making 3 to 4 spectacular catches a game.

Our wrs are better than some people seem to think. They've been making plays when given the chance all season long. Im pretty sure they are still best in the league as far as drops and we all have discussed how many times they have been wide open and just not thrown too.

This.

aku

Reaction score
WR could be a good target next offseason. But Rice/Tate/Baldwin/Miller/McCoy will get it done this year. Wilson's decision making seems to be getting better in each game (he had one really bad throw one Sunday, but everyone is going to have those occasionally, and it's the price of "opening up the playbook"). I think we'll see him start hitting some more of the intermediate throws as he gets the timing down with the guys. That should make our passing game look a lot better. We've also seen that Rice and Tate can get open down the field, and that Wilson can get them the ball. If these minor improvements keep up, our passing game should (IMO, of course) be adequate by the halfway point and even a strength by the end of the regular season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":11wgn5s2 said:
It's too bad Pete Carroll can't fine our O-linemen $50,000 for every penalty they get. If you want immediate results, that would be one thing that would help.

Can't he make them inactive for a game, and they lose their pay; or do they still make the cheddar for that?

MrCarey

Reaction score
Golden Tate and Sydney are earning paychecks. That's all I gotta say.

VHawk

Reaction score
WR's looked good Sunday everybody had touches.Good to see DB fresh back and Zack Miller put in the mix.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I just rewatched the game and to be honest I have to say that RW played a hell of a game. 4 or 5 bad plays that were on him, 4 or 5 more where the O line broke down in pass protection and he was unable to make anything happen. He made some good throws and the wideouts made some good plays. We were pretty conservative in the red zone and were unable to convert 3 out of 4 times (to the best of my recollection). We still came away with points. He's a rookie, he's not perfect, but despite the highlights we get to see of the greats (Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees etc) neither are they. That truth gets lost sometimes because of our perspective. Throw in a couple interesting play calls, a few mental mistakes & penalties, and a few great plays by the Panthers D and you have your reasons we didn't put up 40 points. Overall I saw marked improvement by RW and the offense compared to the last couple weeks.

We may not have a bonafide #1 but we have a couple of 1.5's in Tate and Rice and if and when this offense starts clicking them plus Doug, Ben, Zach, Beast and Turbin should be more than enough to get the job done.

Our biggest problem right now, IMO, is not that we're not a good/borderline great team, but that the 49ers look to be dynasty good. We're going to have to play out of our minds to overcome that particular bump in the road.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not buy in to the greatness of the 49ers. Buffalo is a horrible team. We beat Green Bay , so did they. The Lions are much improved and probably the best team they have played so far. Minnesota got them good and the Jets I think are balanced but still the same old Jets who can not get over the hump.

Maybe the 49ers need a gut check more than we do? It could be their wake up call and I know we will be the BEST defense they have faced this season! I cant wait! It is going to be a brawl and Very physical! :thfight7:

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
I would like to see us go after Keenan Allen. The guy reminds me of Brandon Marshall. Although it may require a Julio Jones-esque trade up to get him, depending on where we end up. But it seems like we've got some extra picks this year with all the trades we made, so why not? I wonder if we still get a pick for Barett Ruud, now that he's been cut?

Kamcussion

Reaction score
This upcoming draft feels like the first draft in forever where we have had no glaring needs, no must haves and just a luxury first round pick..

Give me another edge rusher.. Giants proved you can never have too many of them.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Mike Wallace may be available next off season, and considering he's having a down year so far, he may be available for a lot cheaper than we expect.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1uj3hze6 said:
Mike Wallace may be available next off season, and considering he's having a down year so far, he may be available for a lot cheaper than we expect.

I do like the way you think..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Our WRs are fine. They are getting open regularly. Wilson just needs to learn how to see them. The commentators point this out multiple times every game during replays where Wilson bails on the play and runs early.

lukerguy

Reaction score
amill87":2tilk6rr said:
We got a #1.

Does that mean we dont need help? No way, you always look to make your team better but i dont think we need to break the bank

This.

Latest posts