Why The Seahawks Will Beat The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Aros":1eaqkisp said:
Hmmm. #1 Defense playing at home in the most DIFFICULT, STIFFLING PLACE TO PLAY IN THE NFL...

I like our chances.

I don't care if Jesus Christ himself comes down from the Heavens to quarterback and play the Seahawks at home this year. He's going down just like every other quarterback.

But jizzelle (sp) has already prayed to the football gods and Tim Tebow for a double-u.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on? Yes, we have arguably the best defense in the NFL. Stats don't tell the whole story, to those Pats fans that are lurking; our D has given up two TDs in the last four games. Rest of the points were field goals, a TD on special teams from the Rams, and a pick six.

We match up very, very, well against the Patriots, with our awesome defense and even better secondary. Brady can still carve us up if he comes out en fuego. Some people are taking the Patriots lightly, and you're just asking to be heartbroken with that.

We can definitely win this game, but it's not going to be easy. We have to play pretty much mistake-free football. We've been shooting ourselves in the nuts with penalties on the offense every single game to date this year, (and pretty much all of last year) if we can keep it to say, 3 penalties on the game, I feel THAT is the biggest single thing that will earn us a win.

To Patriots fans reading this, I would temper your expectations and be a little nervous coming into this game. It will hurt less if you lose. I guarantee you that even if you win, you will have spent at least a quarter of the game being very nervous.

aku

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11xrh9zy said:
I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on?
And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid? We've got a really good shot to win this game at home, but this should be the second hardest game on our schedule this year, behind the SF road game. The Cardinals held them to 18 points. We've only scored more than 18 points in one game this year. If our redzone offense executes, we win this. But so far that hasn't happened. It's gonna be close.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
aku":1ancgwe6 said:
And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid?

I'm thinking they're spiking it with a little somethin'-somethin' from these guys:

wire.jpg

They're drug dealers from the most realistic cop-and-drug-trade show to ever air on television, The Wire.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":nndt2yf7 said:
I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on? Yes, we have arguably the best defense in the NFL. Stats don't tell the whole story, to those Pats fans that are lurking; our D has given up two TDs in the last four games. Rest of the points were field goals, a TD on special teams from the Rams, and a pick six.

We match up very, very, well against the Patriots, with our awesome defense and even better secondary. Brady can still carve us up if he comes out en fuego. Some people are taking the Patriots lightly, and you're just asking to be heartbroken with that.

We can definitely win this game, but it's not going to be easy. We have to play pretty much mistake-free football. We've been shooting ourselves in the nuts with penalties on the offense every single game to date this year, (and pretty much all of last year) if we can keep it to say, 3 penalties on the game, I feel THAT is the biggest single thing that will earn us a win.

To Patriots fans reading this, I would temper your expectations and be a little nervous coming into this game. It will hurt less if you lose. I guarantee you that even if you win, you will have spent at least a quarter of the game being very nervous.
Well, I expect to be nervous for 4 quarters, it is the 2012 Seahawk way.
For me, the game comes down to one thing, can the Hoodie do something unexpected? Our one weakness of D this year has been the death by 1000 cuts short yardage offense, the style Kolb ran, the style Rodgers used to come back on us. But the ability if the hawks to adjust to the line of scrimmage option game has me encouraged that we can cloud the issue enough. Brady is great in that 8 to 15 yard game outside the numbers, which is where our pass rush has to be disruptive.

There is one certainty. Win or lose, the Pats will leave Seattle bloodied. That sentiment might be behind most of the exuberance.

grizbob

Reaction score
Aros":3a7fwhtt said:
Hmmm. #1 Defense playing at home in the most DIFFICULT, STIFFLING PLACE TO PLAY IN THE NFL...

I like our chances.

I don't care if Jesus Christ himself comes down from the Heavens to quarterback and play the Seahawks at home this year. He's going down just like every other quarterback.

Wow, blasphemy, and I like it :D

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Look at the weather, probable rain and light wind.

NFL # 1 defense.

Power of the 12th man.

I like our chances.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This a tough matchup, no doubt about it. The Pats defense is better than I'd like to see, and that could be troublesome. The Pats offense knows how to get it done no matter what kind of defense they're playing. This game scares me, home or not. I was more confident earlier in the year, but so far we've learned the Pats defense is a lot stouter than it was before, and their offense still knows how to score and score often.

This game is just too close for me to call. It's going to be a tough scrap the whole 60 minutes. It's going to get ugly. Will the Pats be able to chip away at our defense to score enough? Will our offense be able to overcome third downs and penalties and troubles with the red zone? Tough to tell.

It's going to come down to how well we can handle third downs - on both sides of the ball, how well we avoid penalties, and how well we avoid turnovers on offense and force them on defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
We definitely must shore up the short passing game, and especially over the middle, that seems to be our soft underbelly. Isn't that on the 'backers?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3ongpep5 said:
I do not believe that Tom Brady has ever played a game here, at least not in the Clink/Qwest. The last time the Pats were here, we actually had a chance that was blown late with Cassell at QB.

Really good point. The 12th man and the D need to give Brady the same warm welcome they gave Rodgers.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
volsunghawk":jp58fd87 said:
loafoftatupu":jp58fd87 said:
I do not believe that Tom Brady has ever played a game here, at least not in the Clink/Qwest. The last time the Pats were here, we actually had a chance that was blown late with Cassell at QB.

Really good point. The 12th man and the D need to give Brady the same warm welcome they gave Rodgers.

Brady has won just about everywhere. The guy is a QB machine, typically he is my first pick in the Fantasy draft because somehow, someway he gets his numbers, even if he has stunk it up for 3 quarters.

He might have his numbers, the Seahawks need to keep them to as many FG's as possible. I just feel like this defense is next-level at home and they are only improving. Brady is going to the recipient of the loudest crowd of the season, even more than Monday night against GB.

Tom Brady runs this offense, he IS the coordinator and that coordination is going to be a lot more difficult with this crowd, if anything it will force him to limit his options using silent counts and not being able to call out a variety of plays from under center.

This defense, this crowd. It isn't line the Pats have a stellar pass defense either which plays into the favor of Wilson, who doesn't need to torch them for 300 to be a winner.

In any case, I won't have a voice on Monday.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2b0uuzo3 said:

I know the Pats culd DEF lose this game, its on the road against a very good team esp Defensively. BUT Seahawk fans should realize your D has NOT faced an O like NE yet either, they have TWO TE in Gronk and Hernandez, that are very hard to cover add in Pesky little Welker and Lloyd and you have a formidable Pass attack. If you go nickle or dime all game the Pats will gash you with the run w ridley and Bolden.
That said it comes down to ONE thing for me if the O line protects Brady the Pats win if they dont they probably lose

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2a7gwu10 said:
RolandDeschain":2a7gwu10 said:

I know the Pats culd DEF lose this game, its on the road against a very good team esp Defensively. BUT Seahawk fans should realize your D has NOT faced an O like NE yet either, they have TWO TE in Gronk and Hernandez, that are very hard to cover add in Pesky little Welker and Lloyd and you have a formidable Pass attack. If you go nickle or dime all game the Pats will gash you with the run w ridley and Bolden.
That said it comes down to ONE thing for me if the O line protects Brady the Pats win if they dont they probably lose

While Benson is no Ridley/Bolden, the Packers passing attack is just as potent (if not more so) as the Patriots, IMO, and Seattle held Rodgers to 0 TDs. I don't expect a repeat of that performance, necessarily, but this defense gets an extra charge from the home field crowd noise as well as the added bonus of getting the same jump as the offensive line.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Sarlac,

Last year I would agree 100% the Packers O was as potent, but this year they been very average so far. NO IDEA WHY. IMO the Pats make it more difficult to cover for example 2 TE set with Hernandez and gronk, you line up LBers or safeties on them they USUALLY will burn you by beating the coverage, if you bring in a nickle or dime to put corners on them they run it with ridley or bolden. (I have yet see a CB get off a Gronk block, heck he blocked some lineman well 1 on 1 lol) I guess what I am saying the Pats O is very different than almost any other O out there.

drdiags

Reaction score
The biggest problem I see is the Pats no huddle operating like the Oregon Ducks. The Seahawks like to have that DL rotation and I don't see them being able to implement the rotation when the Pats go into this mode. The other advantage the Patriots get out of this is the 12th man doesn't get a chance to ramp up the noise so the fans will need to be on their game recognizing that they cannot depend on relaxing while the next play is being called.

When the Pats lost Hernandez it was a huge hit, sort of like when Carlson went down in the Chicago playoff game. All our game planning went out the window and I think his loss along with the failure of the Patriots kicker is one of the reasons the Cardinals took home the victory. The Blitzburgh attack is not something the Seahawks are going to do. I think our LBs were victimized by the Rams on those 3rd and longs. For whatever reason they kept attacking the LOS opening holes behind them.

I don't expect to see the Patriots drop +40 on the team but I will be impressed if they can keep the Pats under 20. Hope the offense is able to build on last week's game.

But again, this thread isn't about taking a rational look at the game but rather a rallying cry, demanding more of ourselves as fans of the Seahawks. Trying to put that positive feeling out there (you know, like John Shango ... just kidding my brothers. Why so serious?)

Hawks46

Reaction score
PatsfanNH: I know Gronk is a great TE, and he's a good blocker, but he's never faced a CB like Browner. Guy is 6'4" and 230lb + ....we've seen him blow up 4 Cardinals on one ST play, and I mean devastate them. He can jam so well, even Gronk will be disrupted off the line (not saying he won't get off the line, but it won't be clean nor easy). We have 2 safeties in Chancellor and GUy that are 6'3" and 235 lbs and can run. We have the personnel to be able to handle most of your guys one on one.

Thing that scares me is our offense. We're terrible....last in the NFL in passing. We run well, but Wilson hasn't handled pressure well yet, and Belichick is good at pressuring QBs. We also lead the league at dumb assed penalties. If we can clean up our game, we have a shot, but NE is too good to keep shooting yourself in the foot like someone else already mentioned.

I'm also in agreement with Roland, that it amazes me that so many people think we're going to just faceroll the Pats. I'm not saying we don't have a shot, but it won't be easy. Completely disregarding a team that has gone back to back 200 yard rushing games, and like Scotte mentioned, is a master at the short yardage passing game that is our defenses achilles heel, is a sure way to disappointment and heartache. Seriously, seeing some of these posts, if the Pats win, I'm expecting a couple of aneurisms.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
aku":3n24y4h7 said:
RolandDeschain":3n24y4h7 said:
I can't believe those of you that are saying absolutely ridiculous stuff like "I'm not worried about the Pats/Brady." What planet are you on?
And more importantly, where do they buy their koolaid? We've got a really good shot to win this game at home, but this should be the second hardest game on our schedule this year, behind the SF road game. The Cardinals held them to 18 points. We've only scored more than 18 points in one game this year. If our redzone offense executes, we win this. But so far that hasn't happened. It's gonna be close.

I dunno. I expect to win this game. Do I expect it to be close and hard fought? Sure. But I expect the Seahawks to come out on top. When I feel like this before a game I lose the ability to worry about it. Until kickoff of course, then I'm a mess till that clock hits 0:00.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Hawk,

So the seahawks will be in nickle and dime all game? Thats would be a dangerous thing as I doubt either of those 2 beat gronk and Hernandez blocking.. (If they are LBers then they will not be able stay with Hernandez especially )

But hey should be a good game, but all comes down to pressure, if your D needs to blitz to bring it, Brady will kill them if you have pressure with just rushing four it will be a very close game.

I think the true matchup as someone said in here earlier be our D versus your O.. I like our chances there our D is a very good TO machine right now.

Barthawk

Reaction score
The Pats are an excellent team with a HOF QB, but they have only beaten one team with a winning record the past 24 games.. The ravens in the AFCCG

EDIT: two teams.. the Bronchos were 9-8 in the divisional round...

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Barthawk,

What a USELESS Stat! The broncos were 2-2 but oops not a winning record if they beat the Ravens oops not a winning record team and Titans you got a point.. Oh and both losses were VERY VERY Questionable losses. IE Replacement refs screwed up in both games (esp against AZ.. and the missed Baltimore FG being called good) That isnt gonna happen Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts