Random Thoughts™ on the Panthers game

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":wzwf3bve said:
Scottemojo":wzwf3bve said:
Also, I wanted to point out that the guy Kip calls 80's beard calls a real good NFL game. Tim Ryan always knows his facts, and his observation that it was Russell Wilson being afraid to make mistakes that was holding him back in the red zone was spot on. Tim calls games for the Niners in the pre-season, Played a few years in the league, played for USC, and is a radio host for Sirius NFL radio in the afternoons, and I think he, along with Lynch and Mayock, are the three best game callers there are right now. SOOOOOO much better than listening to Martz.

QFT. I remember commenting last year on how much Tim Ryan impressed me as a color commentator during my 17power post game write ups. There is almost never a detail he misses or an insight he fumbles.

That plus he has a sweet beard. I wonder if he uses a tiny comb on it?
Listening to him on Sirius, he is pretty vain and egotistical, so yeah, probably. Not only does he call a good game, during draft season him and Pat Kirawan are one of the best sources of information in the league.
Last year, one of the things that impressed me was that before the season began, I saw and commented on TJ's struggles to throw the ball to the left. Then Ryan calls a game and highlights his struggles to throw to the left. Kinda made me feel like I wasn't totally stupid.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I should check Sirius radio's podcasts more during the offseason.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":2ov5afdb said:
Scottemojo":2ov5afdb said:
Also, I wanted to point out that the guy Kip calls 80's beard calls a real good NFL game. Tim Ryan always knows his facts, and his observation that it was Russell Wilson being afraid to make mistakes that was holding him back in the red zone was spot on. Tim calls games for the Niners in the pre-season, Played a few years in the league, played for USC, and is a radio host for Sirius NFL radio in the afternoons, and I think he, along with Lynch and Mayock, are the three best game callers there are right now. SOOOOOO much better than listening to Martz.

QFT. I remember commenting last year on how much Tim Ryan impressed me as a color commentator during my 17power post game write ups. There is almost never a detail he misses or an insight he fumbles.

That plus he has a sweet beard. I wonder if he uses a tiny comb on it?

Bar none Tim Ryan is my favorite on Sirius. The man recognizes that we got something cooking up here.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Tim Ryan is a rabid USC guy and Kirwan used to work with Pete for the Jets. They have very favorable views on this regime as a result, even when they have been critical of individual players (TJack). I like hearing their opinions on everything but due to that influence I like Carl Banks, Ross Tucker and Solomon Wilcots a bit more when it comes just to the Seahawks.

Jim Miller (Chicago homer), and Rich Gannon (player advocate) are decent, but repetitive and you will always know how they are going to respond to a question before they do. It's never the player/QBs fault.

I think everybody likes Adam Schein the least?

themunn

Reaction score
Hawks46":2s75ifmf said:
I would call the Browner forced fumble the play of the game, just because he negated any YAC, got to the reciever early, then ripped the ball out, then recovered it himself. I really like how well he is playing this year; opposing QBs are rarely targetting him at all.

the most impressive this about that play is that Browner defended Cam and Williams (two of the best rushers in the league) single-handedly. If he commits to Cam too early, he pitches to Williams who breaks off a big run. Commit to Williams and Cam takes it himself for a big gain.
Instead he times it perfectly, baiting Cam into giving it up and then he quickyl refocuses on Williams and makes the tackle for a loss and forces a fumble.
Incredible

themunn

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1c3p0oqw said:
When do we give some credit to the Panthers for playing some good ball too? The fumble on specials was well done, the bobble pick took some pretty good concentration and happened in pretty good coverage, and the pick was a bad throw, but the CB did take advantage, and his coverage was about as good as coverage as there can be when a little corner is covering a land mass. Luke Kuechly should have been the middle backer all along, he can run that defense. Their plan to keep Wilson from running was well thought out. As far as people saying we should have done better against that ranking of defense,we did. But penalized ourselves every big play, as Kip points out. And that defensive ranking is suspect, they played consecutive games against New York, New Orleans, and Atlanta. There are some players on that D.

Agreed, I'd be surprised if he doesn't play MLB every game for the rest of the year, he was all over the place making plays

Latest posts