So do we go after a #1 WR? like right now?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I like rice, but i believe in the argument that he is a better possession guy (or maybe its just the way they use him but i almost never see him get any yac like tate).

we have a few dollars in our pocket right? who do we go after to just stretch the field? A Vincent Jackson type?
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• would be nice if we could get hunter or allen in the draft. cordarelle patterson and d. rogers will probably be available in the 2nd or later and both have potential to be #1 guys too. i wouldn't be mad if we ended up with marquess either ;)
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

• We need someone to throw him the ball.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• We got a #1.

His name is Sydney Rice. The guy is playing like a baller out there this season. He is making 3 to 4 spectacular catches a game.

Our wrs are better than some people seem to think. They've been making plays when given the chance all season long. Im pretty sure they are still best in the league as far as drops and we all have discussed how many times they have been wide open and just not thrown too.

Does that mean we dont need help? No way, you always look to make your team better but i dont think we need to break the bank
    amill87
    NET Veteran

• I don't think a WR would have much impact. Our WRs are getting open. We need improvement at the QB position, and whether that means waiting on Wilson, or waiting on Flynn, or drafting Matt Barkley next year and then waiting on him, in pretty much every scenario we're going to have to wait a while for this offense to reach it's full potential. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a quick fix.

It's too bad Pete Carroll can't fine our O-linemen $50,000 for every penalty they get. If you want immediate results, that would be one thing that would help.

amill87 wrote:We got a #1.

His name is Sydney Rice. The guy is playing like a baller out there this season. He is making 3 to 4 spectacular catches a game.

Our wrs are better than some people seem to think. They've been making plays when given the chance all season long. Im pretty sure they are still best in the league as far as drops and we all have discussed how many times they have been wide open and just not thrown too.

This.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• WR could be a good target next offseason. But Rice/Tate/Baldwin/Miller/McCoy will get it done this year. Wilson's decision making seems to be getting better in each game (he had one really bad throw one Sunday, but everyone is going to have those occasionally, and it's the price of "opening up the playbook"). I think we'll see him start hitting some more of the intermediate throws as he gets the timing down with the guys. That should make our passing game look a lot better. We've also seen that Rice and Tate can get open down the field, and that Wilson can get them the ball. If these minor improvements keep up, our passing game should (IMO, of course) be adequate by the halfway point and even a strength by the end of the regular season.
    aku
    NET Rookie

• kearly wrote:It's too bad Pete Carroll can't fine our O-linemen $50,000 for every penalty they get. If you want immediate results, that would be one thing that would help.

Can't he make them inactive for a game, and they lose their pay; or do they still make the cheddar for that?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Golden Tate and Sydney are earning paychecks. That's all I gotta say.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• *Sidney
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• WR's looked good Sunday everybody had touches.Good to see DB fresh back and Zack Miller put in the mix.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• I just rewatched the game and to be honest I have to say that RW played a hell of a game. 4 or 5 bad plays that were on him, 4 or 5 more where the O line broke down in pass protection and he was unable to make anything happen. He made some good throws and the wideouts made some good plays. We were pretty conservative in the red zone and were unable to convert 3 out of 4 times (to the best of my recollection). We still came away with points. He's a rookie, he's not perfect, but despite the highlights we get to see of the greats (Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees etc) neither are they. That truth gets lost sometimes because of our perspective. Throw in a couple interesting play calls, a few mental mistakes & penalties, and a few great plays by the Panthers D and you have your reasons we didn't put up 40 points. Overall I saw marked improvement by RW and the offense compared to the last couple weeks.

We may not have a bonafide #1 but we have a couple of 1.5's in Tate and Rice and if and when this offense starts clicking them plus Doug, Ben, Zach, Beast and Turbin should be more than enough to get the job done.

Our biggest problem right now, IMO, is not that we're not a good/borderline great team, but that the 49ers look to be dynasty good. We're going to have to play out of our minds to overcome that particular bump in the road.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Tech Worlds wrote:We need someone to throw him the ball.

Stay on subject, Cap'n instigator. :stirthepot:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• I do not buy in to the greatness of the 49ers. Buffalo is a horrible team. We beat Green Bay , so did they. The Lions are much improved and probably the best team they have played so far. Minnesota got them good and the Jets I think are balanced but still the same old Jets who can not get over the hump.

Maybe the 49ers need a gut check more than we do? It could be their wake up call and I know we will be the BEST defense they have faced this season! I cant wait! It is going to be a brawl and Very physical! :thfight7:
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• I would like to see us go after Keenan Allen. The guy reminds me of Brandon Marshall. Although it may require a Julio Jones-esque trade up to get him, depending on where we end up. But it seems like we've got some extra picks this year with all the trades we made, so why not? I wonder if we still get a pick for Barett Ruud, now that he's been cut?
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie

• This upcoming draft feels like the first draft in forever where we have had no glaring needs, no must haves and just a luxury first round pick..

Give me another edge rusher.. Giants proved you can never have too many of them.
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter

• Mike Wallace may be available next off season, and considering he's having a down year so far, he may be available for a lot cheaper than we expect.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Mike Wallace may be available next off season, and considering he's having a down year so far, he may be available for a lot cheaper than we expect.

I do like the way you think..
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter

• Our WRs are fine. They are getting open regularly. Wilson just needs to learn how to see them. The commentators point this out multiple times every game during replays where Wilson bails on the play and runs early.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Dont want some old man. Wait till the draft!
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

• amill87 wrote:We got a #1.

Does that mean we dont need help? No way, you always look to make your team better but i dont think we need to break the bank

This.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Like right now?

This isn't the MLB trade window, this is the NFL. It's very hard to go out mid season and get a good player without giving up first round draft picks. Teams are built in the off season, so the WR ship has sailed for 2012.

Rice has played better, and hopefully Baldwin starts to get back into the rhythm of the offense. Combine this with Tate playing pretty well and our WR corp is coming around. The one glaring weakness is Edwards, he hasn't played up to where we need the other WR opposite Rice to play. He HAS to make more plays.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• I haven't been that blown away by any WR from the upcoming draft class, then again I haven't had TV at my house in about two weeks...so I haven't gotten a chance to really watch many college games.

Does anyone that keeps track of college games have any potential players that can come in and make an immediate impact next season?

I kind of like the idea of another pass rusher, maybe even another LB. Can never have too much defense!

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Bailey from W.Virginia seems to make a lot of plays, but we are talking next years draft.

The Hawks are set team wise for this year. I do not want to give up draft picks at this point, and the more time RW gets with our current group the better they will get as the year progresses.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Mike Wallace may be available next off season, and considering he's having a down year so far, he may be available for a lot cheaper than we expect.

Assuming he's franchised, is he worth two #1 picks of the mid-to-late round variety?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• I don't think we should make a trade or anything unless the value is right, and it almost certainly won't be. But in the draft? Yea absolutely I would take one high unless we have a shot at a star QB. It's a huge need
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• A-Dog wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Mike Wallace may be available next off season, and considering he's having a down year so far, he may be available for a lot cheaper than we expect.

Assuming he's franchised, is he worth two #1 picks of the mid-to-late round variety?

No, but my point was more that the Steelers might not franchise him again after this year.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• A-Dog wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Mike Wallace may be available next off season, and considering he's having a down year so far, he may be available for a lot cheaper than we expect.

After spending a lot of money on Rice, I don't see Carroll and Schneider going after another high price free agent. But now that our defense, O-Line and backup RB is set, I do see them spending top picks on WR's next year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• I believe we have good talent and great potential at WR position, I think there's been some great play at the WR position. There also have been key drops, (cost us a game) that make me want to cry and its hard to keep the faith without saying the grass is greener somewhere else and try to find a WR (via trade). I believe our WRs have a great opportunity to show off there skill set this week and continue getting better as a unit and then we can continue building through the draft.
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

• GeorgeKush wrote:would be nice if we could get hunter or allen in the draft. cordarelle patterson and d. rogers will probably be available in the 2nd or later and both have potential to be #1 guys too. i wouldn't be mad if we ended up with marquess either ;)

Don't think he's coming out the next draft, but I want "The Black Mamba" from the Oregon Ducks, he's thunder in the 40, and lightning after that...A TD machine.
    Doesn't matter how you get him the rock, because he's a YAC freak.
    Last edited by scutterhawk on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• No team has ever said.. We have too many receiving threats.
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter

• I'd really like to see us take a top tier WR in the draft next off season, but I don't want to force it now. Rice is looking like a true #1 so far this year and i'd venture to say that Tate is in the midst of a breakout season. Round those two out with Baldwin and Miller along with Edwards and Obo for depth, I think we have a pretty decent WR corps. Not exactly a gaggle of All Pro's there but they are definately not terrible.

If we can add a Julio Jones type in the draft, we'll be three different kinds of dangerous on offense next year.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Right now? No. IMHO the cost/value ratio of anybody that might be available now is way on the wrong side of good.

Next draft? Sure. I'm not fond of spending 1's on WRs, but I could be talked into it for the right guy.

Meanwhile, I'll go with the posters above who explain how our current crew ain't that bad. And, there is some real upside there, too, as most of them ain't over-the-hill old, either.

To act rashly now would be foolish IMO.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information